• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristam

Many of Ireland's players have fine enough technical skills, so I don't understand why they insist on playing an ineffective long-ball game...it just doesn't work in modern soccer.

Phantast2k said:
given_13b7ze.gif

Ohh Man, the sad thing is, if Given didn't at all interfere with that ball it would've hit the post and bounced out...But obviously he has to do his job and go after it.

EDIT: What happened to your gif Sunhi?

Many of Ireland's players have fine enough technical skills, so I don't understand why they insist on playing an ineffective long-ball game...it just doesn't work in modern soccer.

Croatia aren't letting them?

Poor Given. The way that rebounded off the post, if he hadn't dived he may have been able to stop it from crossing the line.

cries: It's been fairly even, but Croatia's clearly a better team, and Ireland have made 2 (maybe 3?) mistakes that have resulted in goals.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Didn't think it was until I saw the replay but yeah, that was a penalty.

No luck for Ireland today.

Clegg

Has Croatia been really good or Ireland just really shit? Just tuning in now to this match.

Should Italy be able to take them both?

Ireland are terrible.

Croatia are a technically capable and very tidy side.

We're letting them have all the ball and they are taking advantage of that.

Italy will do a much better job because they'll actually push up against their midfield.

We've been unable to defend set pieces and of their goals have come from headers. Italy should do much better.

I see Croatia getting out of the group. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Spain and Italy to win against Croatia because of their result vs each other.

Clegg

Ireland should have kicked the ball out but the Croatian player was up like a flash as soon as it went out of play.

That always annoys me.

norinrad

How did all these EU countries on the brink of collapse managed to get people to the euro? lol

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal and Ireland are all in the shit and it their people still have loads of money to travel?

Ireland have been truly dreadful. No sympathy for them when they bring on the likes of Cox and Walters for McGeady while chasing the game and leave McClean on the bench.

Wilbur

Banned
Bad luck on all the goals so far for Ireland really, as well as the penalty decision. Shame, if they had taken advantage of the draw earlier and then defended for their lives in the other two games I could have seen them getting out the group.

I see Croatia getting out of the group. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Spain and Italy to win against Croatia because of their result vs each other.

I'd love it if Spain went out.

Hoo-doo

Banned
How did all these EU countries on the brink of collapse managed to get people to the euro? lol

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal and Ireland are all in the shit and it their people still have loads of money to travel?

A financial crisis does not mean the populace is all dirt poor.

Clegg

Greece
Italy
Spain

The citizens of the respective countries have money to spend.

It's the banks and governments that have no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom