• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy will walk the ireland game imho. Croatia, much harder.

Ireland are terrible.

Croatia are a technically capable and very tidy side.

We're letting them have all the ball and they are taking advantage of that.

Italy will do a much better job because they'll actually push up against their midfield.

We've been unable to defend set pieces and of their goals have come from headers. Italy should do much better.

Ireland let in two easy goals but Croatia have been the better team anyway.
I think spain will win out their remaining matches and finish top the group. Italy should beat Ireland from the looks of it but that Croatia/Italy match is vital to win. If italy tie croatia then it may go down to goal differential or whatever the tiebreak is.

operon

How did all these EU countries on the brink of collapse managed to get people to the euro? lol

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal and Ireland are all in the shit and it their people still have loads of money to travel?

angela-merkel.jpg

rodvik

Ireland shouldnt have taken McGeady off.

Honestly the way Croatia keeps attacking they are treating Ireland like the groups whipping boys. Its like they are thinking it might come down to GD and who scores most against Ireland goes through.

IceCold

How did all these EU countries on the brink of collapse managed to get people to the euro? lol

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal and Ireland are all in the shit and it their people still have loads of money to travel?

1) They are the upper/middle class and have money
2) They are poor and stupid (poor money management)
3) They are emigrants from other European countries and have money
4) The supporters you see are bandwagon fans

Tristam

Croatia aren't letting them?

Poor Given. The way that rebounded off the post, if he hadn't dived he may have been able to stop it from crossing the line.

cries: It's been fairly even, but Croatia's clearly a better team, and Ireland have made 2 (maybe 3?) mistakes that have resulted in goals.

Or they aren't trying to string passes together unless they're in the last third of the field. There are many instances where no pressure is applied on an Irish defender and yet he simply boots the ball up as far as he can.

You got more than one? Here I was thinking I was special.

I wont exactly call that an "own goal" (that would be silly) just bad luck, really tough angle to try to save the ball from, maybe a better goalie would've been further away from the goal line and dived for the ball earlier?

Well if it wasn't going in without having hit him, it will be counted as an own goal, no matter it was his fault or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom