• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Whats with everyone being down on France so far? They are dominating England in everything except the score from what i can see. England are playing deep and letting the French midfield play the ball and find the gaps.

That goal didnt surprise me in the least, England are going to get steam rolled if they keep playing as they have been

France has a recent habit of under-performing, though that was before the team was overhauled. A lot of it mirrors the complaints about Italy early in yesterday's game - based more off history with little relation to how the team is playing now.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Andy Townsend is chatting absolute bollocks...

Benzema too deep = long shots...

How about England defending deep and France not finding space...?

Mohonky

The amount of white shirts just slowly walking about in the penalty box is hilarious.

Who are they marking? What are they watching? Do they even know where they are?

What a terrible game, no tempo at all or pressure. Benzema as my fantasy league captain? Well fuck. Seriously there's barely any runs from any players, they are just standing completely still around the area.

Why is Benzema playing so far back? He's almost closer to the midfield than the box.

He moves in when the pass is coming. Did it a couple of times already to trigger that long ball. By default, he lays back because when it comes to laying off that one-touch pass for a one-two (or one-two-three triangle play), he's the best they've got. Done a million times through qualifying.

Very intelligent player.

Jubern

First 30 min were boring as fuck, but it definitely picked up after England's goal. Strong finish for France, I hope we can keep this up during the second half.

Well at least they cant possibly be worse than the German guy. He thinks Hart is Lloris, doesnt have an grasp of the game and is only screaming the players names.

lol alright, they're better than that.

Jburton

Banned
France are out playing England.

France are walking through that defence.

Lescott goal was against the run of play.

Hodgson seems to have sucked the creativity out of that team, sitting deep and playing safe.

Bento

Englands midfield just not up to the task, can't seem to handle the ball at all. Kind of jarring to see after watching matches with the Croatians, Italians, Spaniards, Dutch, Germans and Russians :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom