• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

French were camped outside the English box for the last 15 mins and the English defence was woeful.

And so how do you convert that into walking into our defence?

You've just contradicted yourself. We've penetrated your defence better than you've cut through ours; we didn't take our chance. You've been most threatening with pot shots and set pieces.

danwarb

That's part of it but they are actively choosing no to pressure the ball. France pass forwards and England players are close to the receiving player but back off. It's a tactical choice or just pure stupidity from the players.
It is a tactical choice for the most part with Hodgson. Difficult to play through but vulnerable to decent efforts from range.

French were camped outside the English box for the last 15 mins and the English defence was woeful.

That may be true, but Arnie is right, England may be camped out in their own box, but there has been no penetration from France, the goal came from a medium range shot and the other chances have come from set pieces. France haven't really sliced the defence open, in fact the only time that has happened this match was Young to Milner.

England have been poor, but that is because they are sitting back and inviting pressure, when it was 0-0 England were going forwards and pressing. After the goal they started to sit back and invite pressure, that is just how England play, we have all seen it time and time again. Instead of pressing the advantage and going on to score a second England sit back.

Wilbur

Banned
Surprised at you guys, I think we played alright. Maybe it's because I was surprised we weren't shit, or France weren't as good as they can be... but up until the goal we looked alright, hardly any long balls.

I now expect 45 minutes of wank

England surrendered the ball in the last 15 minutes of that half. That's what causes us all the problems. The back four were way too deep though. Edge of the box is fine, penalty spot isn't.

Jburton

Banned
And so how do you convert that into walking into our defence?

You've just contradicted yourself. We've penetrated your defence better than you've cut through ours; we didn't take our chance. You've been most threatening with pot shots and set pieces.

I don't like either team, certainly ain't French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom