• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

der_untergang_topimage.jpg

KPeib.gif

As I said before, Germany is afraid of us, historically. They don't win an official match against us from something like thirty years.

Italy is not playing it's best football, it's Germany that's simply afraid.

They'll be forced to put their fears away in the second half being two goals under, let's see what will happen.

Game is far from being decided.

It has nothing to do with fear.

The new players are just bad, there was no fucking reason to change the system.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that Italy will probably start turtling and defending with everything and everyone they have, leading to an extremely boring/frustrating second half.

Bento

It's because of Muslims watching the games, if I remember right.
Years back they made this rule.
wat?

"A change in 2004 to the Laws of the Game championed by FIFA President Sepp Blatter mandated automatic yellow cards for players who remove their shirts while celebrating goals. In addition, an instruction has been in the additional instructions at the end of the Laws of the Game for some time that should a player jump over or climb on to a perimeter fence to the Field of Play, they should be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. This was seen as mainly preventing incidents in professional football matches where crowds had rushed towards players and had led to injuries."

Seems like its there to not cause unnecessary provocation.

EDIT:

"They are punished by a yellow card because it delays the game if they have trouble putting it back on, basically tantamountto time wasting. The famous example being Diego Forlan against Liverpool. He ripped his shirt whirlng it around his head and the game was delayed for a long time afterwards. Later that year the rules were amended to make both removal of the shirt and celebrating too close to the crowd yellow card offences."

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just can't believe Balotelli scored two times and played so well, like a mature persone. How is such a thing even possible, this isn't the Balotelli I know. :lol

Man i think this game is over Italy going to defend and Germany does not look like it can do anything tonight .
They just can't beat Italy .......
Well a Spain and Italy final .

Here's the thing about Germany. They reacted to the Italians by changing their lineup and knocked them out of their comfort zone.

Toni Kroos plays well at Bayern because Bayern plays at a much much slower pace. He stays in the middle and doesn't drift because he plays with Ribery and Robben on the wings, and what he does well in the midfield is make interchanging runs with Schweinsteiger. Schweini's playing deeper than Khedira today to hide his injury whereas at club level, he plays higher than Gustavo/Tymoschuk, making these runs possible.

There's just no fluidity to the system Germany's playing, and they will lose if they don't bring on Mueller and Reus. Two players whose movement creates tons of space for Ozil to make runs.

Buzzati

Banned
I just realized that Italy will probably start turtling and defending with everything and everyone they have, leading to an extremely boring/frustrating second half.

Maybe the onus is on Germany to be more exciting by putting more than 1 goddamn striker on the pitch, then.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
The key players in the German team are playing bad since minute 20. Either this turns around for some random reason, or this thing is done. (Pretty sure it's done)

Nolan.

Italy vs Spain. That's gonna be one boring ass finals.

I don't think so, Italy seems to really switch it up for each Opponent, Italy seems a lot more attacking than usual so I would be scared for Spain if they come through this I can see Italy picking Spain apart.

Nibel

I bet my ass that Löw won't change anything

Poldi is his fucking darling, Kroos always cries that he doesn't play and the alternative for Gomez is Klose

Kazerei

Banned
Korea/Japan 2002 - Runners-Up
Germany 2005 - Third Place
Germany 2006 - Third Place
Austria/Switzerland 2008 - Runners-Up
South Africa 2010 - Third Place
Poland/Ukraine 2012 - Semis?

Germany are pecho frío confirmed if they lose tonight?

It's too bad there's no third place match at the Euros. C'mon UEFA, you know Germany v. France would be awesome.

Magni

As I said before, Germany is afraid of us, historically. They don't win an official match against us from something like thirty years.

Italy is not playing it's best football, it's Germany that's simply afraid.

They'll be forced to put their fears away in the second half being two goals under, let's see what will happen.

Game is far from being decided.

They've never beaten Italy actually. Of course, the same was true for Spain against France until last Saturday.

I used to hate Italy, but I must say I really like their play style now. Much more offensive, and a lot less diving (what was up with Cassano though? did he just fall badly? he wasn't touched at all by the dive).

If it's Italy-Spain, I will definitely root for Italy, something which I would have thought impossible three weeks ago. Still hoping for a German comeback though, if only to make the game interesting.

Maybe the onus is on German to be more exciting by putting more than 1 goddamn striker on the pitch, then.

Its not so much the amount of strikers, its the fact that the striker who is playing seems to only be capable of kicking or controlling a ball properly when he's within 12 yards of goal..

montolivo is having a really really good game. can't wait to see him play for milan. the pressing he does is outstanding and his off the ball movement, passing, and first touch are all top notch.

I used to hate Italy, but I must say I really like their play style now. Much more offensive, and a lot less diving (what was up with Cassano though? did he just fall badly? he wasn't touched at all by the dive).

he rolled his ankle on the landing. one of those things where you have either just sprained your ankle and are fucked, or just walk it off and are fine. i guess he wanted to play it safe and get some numbing spray on it.

I saw Super Mario trend on Twitter, got excited that it was a big announcement from Nintendo, and saw that it was soccer.

I'm still bummed out Portugal lost. :( I hope Italy wins this though!

Noshino

I don't think so, Italy seems to really switch it up for each Opponent, Italy seems a lot more attacking than usual so I would be scared for Spain if they come through this I can see Italy picking Spain apart.

Thank Prandelli for that, amazing coach <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom