• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Gareth Bale should be more like Gareth Bale and less like Cristiano Ronaldo. You can quite easily end up with egg on your face.

Soooo.....Would you say your money was.. Gone.. In 60 Seconds? YYYYEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

fTXwz66.jpg

So is Rooney now a full time central midfielder for club and country now? That's 2 decent performances in a row for the ex-striker.

He's like a non-shit Alan Smith.

If we had a decent number ten we should have walked that game. Rooney had a solid game but he lacks any creativity in that role. That seems to be the overall problem with the team; no creativity or vision.

If we had a decent number ten we should have walked that game. Rooney had a solid game but he lacks any creativity in that role. That seems to be the overall problem with the team; no creativity or vision.

Yeah, we lack the imagination to create openings. Maybe Wilshere is the closest we have to that kind of player.

The fact England struggle so much against lower teams should be a worry to any England fan.

Meet a quality team in the later stages and they will get mauled.

I know England aint near the best but every team has been struggling for easy victories so far this tournament

Two time euro champions spain only managed a 90 mins 1-0 goal against the czech republic

Portugal had trouble against iceland

Ukraine gave germany a real tough time.

Even france couldn't absolutely destroy Albania

Everyone in this tournament are a quality team, thats why they qualified (Unless someone qualified by cheating)

Syder

I know England aint near the best but every team has been struggling for easy victories so far this tournament

Two time euro champions spain only managed a 90 mins 1-0 goal against the czech republic

Everyone in this tournament are a quality team, thats why they qualified (Unless someone qualified by cheating)
ntXcohq.gif

Facism

Gold Member

pls m8 if you watched Turkey you'd know not every team is quality :3

Yeah, we lack the imagination to create openings. Maybe Wilshere is the closest we have to that kind of player.

I'd like to see him play next game in a more central role. There was no play making coming from Rooney but I thought he was a decent anchor and Alli isn't a play maker either so one should be swapped out. First half you have three players all with pace but all requiring somebody to feed them into positions but Rooney is playing to their feet and not playing any through balls or any give and go. Makes it easy for the defence when that happens. Then in the second half you need three strikers to do all the work and they are rarely getting near the back line then it is clear the problem is with the the central midfield.

So then...

n1iBxSt.png

England going up against a Slovakia side that's getting better with each game and Wales facing a Russia who need to win to stay in.

If Wales lose and England lose or draw, Wales are out. So much for that good start...

bjaelke

This early kick off is rubbish really. Missed the second half as I was stuck in traffic.

Not surprised Daniel got the winner. Always shown character.

So then...

n1iBxSt.png

England going up against a Slovakia side that's getting better with each game and Wales facing a Russia who need to win to stay in.

If Wales lose and England lose or draw, Wales are out. So much for that good start...

Surely England are through? Since Russia and Wales will take points from each other, which will result in England coming 3rd. And I think 4 points will be enough to be the best 4 teams in 3rd.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
It's a shame Wilshere and Henderson are rotting on the bench while Dier, Rooney and partly also Alli are playing utter trash.

Shito

Surely England are through? Since Russia and Wales will take points from each other, which will result in England coming 3rd. And I think 4 points will be enough to be the best 4 teams in 3rd.
Should be good, but with how close all the matches have been so far, and all the upsets we had, we will probably get quite a lot of 3rd place finishers with 4 points...

Syder

It's a shame Wilshere and Henderson are rotting on the bench while Dier, Rooney and partly also Alli are playing utter trash.
Dier has done his job adequately in Game 1 & 2 and even scored a goal. Despite a few misplaced passes Rooney was a Man of the Match candidate today, say what you want about his ability but he can fit into any system, he maintained his quality and effort despite formation and personnel changes. Alli has been largely ineffective in the first two games and I wouldn't be surprised if he and Kane are benched against Slovakia.

Inversive

What games are you watching? Rooney has been our best player and Henderson can remain rotting on the bench for all i care. We need Wilshere for his creativity because Alli is not creating anything. trash post.

So then...

n1iBxSt.png

someone remind me, if teams have the same amount of points in their group, how is it then ranked? goal difference 1st? or matches won? etc

Wales at best beats Russia while England either ties or defeats Slovakia.
Wales at the least ties with Russia while England defeats Slovakia.

It's up to England LOL not to lose to Slovakia

bjaelke

someone remind me, if teams have the same amount of points in their group, how is it then ranked? goal difference 1st? or matches won? etc

If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the
final tournament group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order
given, to determine the rankings:
a. higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in
question;
b. superior goal difference resulting from the matches played among the teams
in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in
question;
d. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking,
criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in
question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a
decision, criteria e) to h) apply;
e. superior goal difference in all group matches;
f. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
g. fair play conduct in the final tournament as defined in Annex C.5.1;
h. position in the UEFA national team coefficient rankings (see Annex B.1.2.b).
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/03/92/81/2039281_DOWNLOAD.pdf

azyless

It's the result of the match between 2 teams (points, then goal difference, then goals scored, etc.) and if that's not enough then general goal difference, then goals scored, etc.
Tiebreakers
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following tie-breaking criteria will be applied:
1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question;
3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question;
4. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3, teams still have an equal ranking (e.g. if criteria 1 to 3 are applied to three teams that were level on points initially and these criteria separate one team from the other two who still have an equal ranking), criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams who are still level to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 9 apply;
5. Superior goal difference in all group matches;
6. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
7. If only two teams have the same number of points, and they are tied according to criteria 1–6 after having met in the last round of the group stage, their ranking is determined by a penalty shoot-out. (This criterion is not used if more than two teams have the same number of points.)
8. Fair play conduct (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);
9. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system.

The four best third-placed teams are determined according to the following criteria:
1. Higher number of points obtained;
2. Superior goal difference;
3. Higher number of goals scored;
4. Fair play conduct;
5. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system.

edit : Ah, too late.

I would keep Raheem Sterling and Joe Hart as far away from this team as possible.

Forster is a much safer choice in goal. Hart is a huge fuck up just waiting to happen. And that little speech when they were in the tunnel before kick off "Let's get the fucking ball, lads!". Embarrassing. Head and Shoulders prick.

Raheem Sterling is something else. I've never seen a more clueless footballer. He just stands still expecting the ball to come at him. If it's there to be won he'll just jog not realising there's a player on the other team also wanting the ball.

Alli was a bit shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom