• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
STURRIDGE!

What an utterly electrifying goal! Felt like he scored against a billion to one odds there, couldn't believe it went in.

Exhausting game with a brilliant conclusion for England. At half time the mood was so dismal, a sense of limping to another disappointing exit with Wales of all bloody countries providing a contrasting superiority.

So happy we won. Good luck to Wales, lovely country with lovely fans.

EdibleZestyKingsnake.gif

Such a great gif, will gets lots of mileage, too bad it is about three day too late for the E3 threads on the Gaming side.

Also for those who do not know the context:

Shot was taken about 5 minutes before England's second goal. These are indeed tears of joy... A Wales fan is crying out of joy, b/c Wales (tying England) is on top of their group and is advancing.

The fact England struggle so much against lower teams should be a worry to any England fan.

Meet a quality team in the later stages and they will get mauled.

Moze

Banned
The fact England struggle so much against lower teams should be a worry to any England fan.

Wales parked the bus. There isn't much that can be done about that. A good team will struggle to score a goal against a mediocre team that is parking the bus.

Xieldos

Wales got what they deserved there. I feel they have players with enough quality to come out and play against teams like England. It's a shame they defended in their own box so much.

Mimosa97

I'm so sad for Wales. They fought bravely. Great supporters too.

Wouldn't have minded to see England lose in the 1st round just to get rid of their violent fans.

Why are people doing the whole "Yum! Salty tears" that for that gif? Wales weren't losing when it was taken? I don't get it. He's cheering for fucks sake.

Wales got what they deserved there. I feel they have players with enough quality to come out and play against teams like England. It's a shame they defended in their own box so much.

We don't, though. Robson-Kanu played in the Championship last year, and is currently a Free Agent.

We definitely deserved the win. Happy for Sturridge. I felt he'd get one more chance before the end. Surely both Sturridge and Vardy start against Slovakia.

Gareth, you said none of the English players would get in the Welsh team. You're right. It's because they're not fucking welsh. About half the Welsh team were born in England relying on welsh grandparents to play international football, and still can't sing more than the 1st line of Mae hen wlad fy nhadau.

Nielm

Yeah. Wales and England will definitely get through to the knockout stages, but I can't see either side getting much further when playing against stronger teams.

Gareth, you said none of the English players would get in the Welsh team. You're right. It's because they're not fucking welsh. About half the Welsh team were born in England relying on welsh grandparents to play international football, and still can't sing more than the 1st line of Mae hen wlad fy nhadau.
This is beyond savage.

Matsukaze

Watching the first game in a day is pretty much impossible here in the US. :/

I would have loved to see the England-Wales game, but alas. Congrats to England for the win.

Syder

Why are people doing the whole "Yum! Salty tears" that for that gif? Wales weren't losing when it was taken? I don't get it. He's cheering for fucks sake.
Are they? I think most people were impressed by his passion when it happened LIVE.

I'm just happy to see a team led by Chris Coleman lose.

milanbaros

Member?

Damn son.

Are they? I think most people were impressed by his passion when it happened LIVE.

I'm just happy to see a team led by Chris Coleman lose.

It was posted a few times when England scored the winner.

Nobody wanted Coleman when Speed died, the general consensus among fans was someone on Welsh coaching staff should step up to maintain continuity.

This is beyond savage.

It's not. Ireland used to get comments like that a lot, too. It's a well beaten drum.

Tbh any other keeper would've stopped Bales free kick. Hart loves to pull off random fuckups.

To bad for England that Roys decision making is 2 games after the rest of the world so eliminationrounds is = death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom