• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFKac

Congrats for the win but it was a bad match.

I don't how we'll get through the knockout phase.

Who's going against Poland? Wales?

Oersted

Has Germany any other chants than "Deutschlaaaand", "Deutschlaaaand" and "Deutschland" clap clap clap "Deutschland" clap clap clap ...?

luso

if Austria beats Iceland = 4 points for Austria
if Portugal Ties with Hungary = 3 points for Portugal

Portugal needs a tie with goals to be ahead of N. Ireland, 0-0 is not enough (concerning ties alone)

Edit: 1-1 probably also not enough, fair-play is the next tiebreaker..

Just noticed how top heavy the bottom half of the draw is going to be England, Italy, France, Germany and probably Portugal... whilst Spain will pretty much have the top half to themselves

Same old Spain always lucky with draws

It's terrible, good teams will be out too soon, easy path for damn Spaniards.

TheChamp

Just noticed how top heavy the bottom half of the draw is going to be England, Italy, France, Germany and probably Portugal... whilst Spain will pretty much have the top half to themselves

Same old Spain always lucky with draws

jts

...hate me...
if Austria beats Iceland = 4 points for Austria
if Portugal Ties with Hungary = 3 points for Portugal
If Portugal ties 0-0 Northern Ireland is through.

N. Ireland = 3 points, 0GD, 2 goals scored
Portugal = 3 points, 0GD, 1 goal scored

If Portugal ties 1-1 it goes down to yellow cards.

More than 1-1 and they're through.

Kinan

Welp, this EC was a disaster of epic proportions for Ukraine. How they managed to ruin the team between qualification and the tournament is a mystery, but the result is obvious....

Finally some movement and motivation visible in the today's game, but impotent finishing and weak defense during set pieces (again!) lead to another loss.

And the last change.... Changing the only forward to Tymoschuk infuriated the stadium and probably whole Ukraine. Fomenko burned all bridges and will be universally hated by fans everywhere in Ukraine now, despite leading us through the play-offs for the first time in history.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Man we were fuckin lucky to come away from that with a 1-0 defeat. Proud of the lads for doing what they could even if they couldn't get out of their half much at all.

Michael McGovern fully deserves Man Of The Match at least, saved our ass loads of times.

Kinan

Also the refereeing was not helpful, each match had a moment where penalty should/could be given for Ukraine, today one had even two such moments. Given the inability to score from the play, this would help us enormously, but alas, no luck in this aspect also.

Croyles

Michael McGovern will have no shortage of decent offers after the Euros, one would think!

Fingers crossed the other results help them through!

[EDIT -
Which is weird, because Bundesliga has some of the best!]

It doesn't help that anything with Germans and chants is almost immediately associated with WW2 internationally.

As a Croatian I'm not going to watch the match. What happened last time was a bit too much for me and there are mutliple indicators that the scum from last time will be at it again. Croatian police have warned UEFA last time what was going to happen - they were not taken seriously. Instead, they fined the FA which is exactly what the hooligans want since they want to harm the FA. The FA, mind you, is full of scum of its own but there is a fine line between protest and firing a cannon at a foreign person who had nothing to do with it. The logical thing would have been to axe the attendance for the match - UEFA did not do it.

Yes, it would suck for every normal Croatian fan and citizen who are overwhelmingly pissed off at what happened. It would suck for every person who sang with the Turkish and Czech fans and displayed stellar behaviour. It would suck for all the normal folks who aggresively tried to stop the 30 or so idiots who ruined the match. But it's like the people who have to know what's happening either don't know or don't care.

Now Croatian police is again, with the overwhelming support of our government (that's a first) and the people in large, warning of another planned incident to stop this match and again they are not being taken seriously.

I can't relax watching a match I fear will result in stupidity again. Especially since it can result at further undeserved country shaming because of a few dozen no-lifers. Fuck that, man.

If Portugal ties 0-0 Northern Ireland is through.

N. Ireland = 3 points, 0GD, 2 goals scored
Portugal = 3 points, 0GD, 1 goal scored

If Portugal ties 1-1 it goes down to yellow cards.

More than 1-1 and they're through.
regardless, it would be really pathetic for Portugal to squeak through on 3 Draws

Sykra

We (croatia) are playing with 5 subs. I think the goal is 3rd place and Wales..
Anyways, they say they will try to stop the match in the 30th minute, so watch for that i suppose.. sigh.

Akai__

As a Croatian, I really hope the game is played without any of that shit that Hooligans planed.

I mean, come the fuck on... Planning to assault the referees? What the fuck is wrong with them? I always said we need to ban Bad Blue Boys and Torcida Split. Love how Germany is handling it now, as Hooligans are Criminal Organisations here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom