• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

Yeah it is, that's our national anthem though there's been suggestions about changing it to be something different/more inclusive to everyone in Norn Iron. I don't see it changing anytime soon though.

What about the players who didn't sing ? Was it a political statement ?

I don't know much about Northern Ireland.

Germany are putting on a masterclass in how to cut open a defensive team who are parking the bus. Shame they haven't turned this absolute domination into goals. More have got to come. It's scary seeing how easy they are getting in behind the NI defence who are sat very deep.

Binabik15

I'm on a train :(

The ICE had free wifi in first class, but now I'm in an IC and nothing. Bummer.

I will rely on GAF for entertaining comments, then. Though the train station arrival/departure displays DID display a goal live ticker at the bottom.

Mimosa97

Isn't it pretty much normal that not all players sing the anthem?

Well in France maybe not ;)

Oh no I'm always pleasantly surprised when more than half of the french team sing the national anthem lol

But it's getting better though. Almost all of them sing the anthem or at least fake move their lips now. Well all of them except idiots like Benzema :)

Ennosuke

As soon as we have a strong opponent, we will be destroyed. And afterwards everybody will be like "Why did this happen? We are the world champion". Either our defense is shit, the offense forgets to score or like today we are doing slapstick comedy instead of scoring goals.

Nice to see Lafferty has recovered from his horrific head injury.

5beStPw.gif

As soon as we have a strong opponent, we will be destroyed. And afterwards everybody will be like "Why did this happen? We are the world champion". Either our defense is shit, the offense forgets to score or like today we are doing slapstick comedy instead of scoring goals.

Everyone keeps saying our defense is bad?! Where is this coming from? We even have a goalkeeper that acts as another defensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom