• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soemone post the updated bracket pls

FMi9EPE.png

Wales - Turkey
Hungary - Belgium
France - Northern Ireland

is the most likely result

I'll be rooting for Ireland to win though, Turkey doesn't deserve to go through.

Jisgsaw

Destroyed? Not really. Plus second half was kinda weird with all the rain. Plus pre-tournament Germany.

Still have a bad feeling about this.

They sold those rights for good money.

In a very american, capitalist way actually.

Portugal vs Croatia... I can see Portugal drawing and then win in the penalties.

Nah, from what we've seen from portugal, Croatia will tear them apart.

Italy-Ireland is going to be interesting. Ireland are going to be attacking for a win no doubt but whether the Italians park the bus and take it easy or try to get the nine points is what remains to be seen.

I'm hoping for both and a good match and that the result isn't a draw (cause no one wins)

Northern island hold out and win in penalties against France. Imagine how crazy that country would get, be a new baby boom and probably annex themselves from the uk.

cilonen

Really pleased Iceland got 2nd, not because I particularly want to play them next - we've all seen England couldn't break their way through a wet paper bag - more just happy to see Iceland do well.

Still have Wales as my dark horse pick to go far.

We played better and had some misfortunes. Those deflections were just luck. Still, Fernando Santos keeps being a dumbfuck.

Our defence is shit. That is a reality. Carvalho is a fossil, but Fontes is actually a very reliable player. Play him instead of the old man. Our fullbacks are all bad, but we should at least expect them to play better offensively. None was able too. Perhaps Cedric, which is also kinda terrible, could help.

We did the two big changes to actually be good. Take Moutinho and Andre Gomes away. Moutinho is a carcass of a player, and Andre Gomes a sleeper agent of Jorge Mendes in a process that is supposed to take this shit player to United. I'm not a fan of Renato, but he is miles better than these two. Shamefully the best 2nd midfielder of our league hasnt even played a minute. Just a dumbfuck of a coach . Mario-Adrien-Carvalho play with their eyes closed. When Joao and Carvalho took care of the ball, we started to control it completely (when fucking Moutinho stopped being a slog with the ball).

In our attack, the most important thing is to have always someone next to Ronaldo. He doesnt like being the reference in the area. He always needs another player who can hold onto one of the defenders. Nani tried to do that and Ronaldo was able to go more from right to center as he loves. The first goal is a beauty.

Nope. Portugal is through no matter what happens.

Ok. Still, gotta feel for Ronaldo, had to drop back to assist the first, made up for a poor pass (one of many from the awful Mario) to score the second, and capped it off with a great header.

Those deflections though, fucking hell.

Croatia's midfield against.... that.

Gandie

I realize this is not a politics thread, but if it's state enforced and it's a payment, then no matter what it's called officially there is an argument to classify it as a tax.

I know, just echoing the ridiculous official statements on this topic. I'm glad to be paying though.

eFKac

I love Poland and Polish people. They have my support providing they don't face Wales!

Ehh it's not so rosy looking from the inside :p

How I see it, I'm afraid we're gonna get eliminated in the quaters against Croatia with how we're playing right now.

Will have my fingers crossed for Wales in the semi's though!

FMi9EPE.png

Wales - Turkey
Hungary - Belgium
France - Northern Ireland

is the most likely result

I'll be rooting for Ireland to win though, Turkey doesn't deserve to go through.
That bottom half stacked full of all the traditional powerhouse teams lol. Italy never have anything easy - which is good I guess given their history against weaker opponents on paper.

But whoever wins that semi in the bottom half have to be huge favorites in the final.

Belgian media is weird. After the game against Italy everyone was talking about how we should pack up already. Now all journalists are already talking about the final.

I realize this is not a politics thread, but if it's state enforced and it's a payment, then no matter what it's called officially there is an argument to classify it as a tax.

Taxes can't be earmarked for a specific purpose. Atleast in Germany so the difference is important if you care about such details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom