• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Iceland with the balls of fucking steel. Kudos to them for scoring and not pussying around like Hungary and Portugal.

Vikings don't care if they will get England. BRING IT ON!

I don't get this comment, there were 6 goals in the entire game, and only Hungary players were acting like pussies in the finishing moments of the game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

As for the other group;

If Belgium wins, then it is Italy going through and then Belgium (also Turkey)

If Belgium draws, then it is Italy going through and then Belgium (also Turkey)

If Belgium loses to Sweden with a goal difference of 3 or less and Ireland lose, then it is Italy, Sweden, Belgium

If Belgium loses to Sweden by a goal difference of more than 3 and Ireland lose, then it is Italy, Sweden (also Turkey)

If Belgium loses to Sweden and Italy loses to Ireland, then it is Italy, Sweden, Ireland

fanboi

Banned
169omw.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Have all the group stage matches been played? So Portugal is out?

No, Portugal is through. They've mathematically placed in the top four teams in third and can't be displaced, so they're good. The only question marks are over Belgium, Sweden, Turkey and Ireland, of which two will go through.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Europe is so far behind the US when it comes to sports marketing and entertainment it's incredible. How can it be that in 2016 there's still not an official Youtube account of the Euro with all highlights and interviews etc.? So much wasted potential.

Audioboxer

English fans gotta be happier with Iceland. Yeah they are struggling against teams that sit back, but they'd totally have given Ronaldo too much respect.

Gandie

Wait, so does that also mean that Germany - Slowakia is fixed?
They destroyed us a few weeks ago :-(

Destroyed? Not really. Plus second half was kinda weird with all the rain. Plus pre-tournament Germany.

Europe is so far behind the US when it comes to sports marketing and entertainment it's incredible. How can it be that in 2016 there's still not an official Youtube account of the Euro with all highlights and interviews etc.? So much wasted potential.

They sold those rights for good money.

AcridMeat

Banned
Amazing day of football to have Iceland and Hungary 2nd and 1st. Love it. :D

Also Wales played an amazing game yesterday. I wish Ramsey played like that for Arsenal.

IvanJ

Banned

TV rights. EU televisions paid a crapload of money for exclusivity

Because the whole thing runs on selling match transmission rights to TV channels which usually buy it to put non-national matches behind a paywall and thus would be annoyed for such account existing.

MrKaepora

Most of you english folks seem to be happy in getting Iceland. I don't know if you can play against a parking bus.

Portugal vs Croatia... I can see Portugal drawing and then win in the penalties.

Portugeezer

Bloody hell. England or Croatia (don't know if 100% yet??)... same thing for me so I can't complain as a Portugal supporter... but those fucking deflected goals killed me inside, I was ready to give up on the tournament, luckily the team wasn't and kept coming back after conceding those goals.

Ronaldo goal of the tournament. Angry Ronaldo is the best Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom