• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Everybody is complaining about the format and I'd have to agree and maybe the perfect middle ground would be to downgrade to 20 teams.
You'd have 4 groups á 5 teams with the top 2 teams advancing to the knockout stage. No more 3rd place bs.
That way the group stage would actually be slightly longer (40 instead of 36 matches) but at least you couldn't say that a team doesn't deserve to top their group after 4 games.

I know, just echoing the ridiculous official statements on this topic. I'm glad to be paying though.

In theory it's a good thing if public TV wasn't pretty much the same as the other stations just a little more aimed at the elderly. Phoenix and ZDFinfo are great though.

Bakkus

For as much weaker bracket 1 is. At least it's nice that Croatia/Portugal VS Belgium cannot happen until the semis.

Baleoce

omcZwtT.gif

love it xD

JDB

Banned
Everybody is complaining about the format and I'd have to agree and maybe the perfect middle ground would be to downgrade to 20 teams.
You'd have 4 groups á 5 teams with the top 2 teams advancing to the knockout stage. No more 3rd place bs.
That way the group stage would actually be slightly longer (40 instead of 36 matches) but at least you couldn't say that a team doesn't deserve to top their group after 4 games.
Let's be real; there was nothing wrong with just having 16 teams.

The format is good. You allow mediocre teams to play (any country deserves to go through the emotions) and put every good one in the brackets. Let the games begin. Having great teams play each other in the group stage is stupid. The fun is in the elimination.

Gandie

You would have to stretch out the group stage a bit though, to make sure every team gets time off.
Plus there would be a lot of pointless games on the last matchday.
Just keep it at 16

Kjellson

I'm gonna skip watching the Sweden game. Watching them live will only make me more frustrated than I will be in the end of the match.

I just realized something, if Ireland wins against Italy, they're almost certainly going to face France in the second round.

Now I almost want Ireland to win just to see that happen.

Also I'm one of those people that like the 24 team format. More matches, and gives weaker nations like Iceland and Northern Ireland a chance to shine where in the 16 team format, they probably wouldn't be able to make it.

Lol he's so bad he's good. His sweatpants in 30+ degree weather are fantastic Hahaha. Man I've found my new favorite goalkeeper

Gabor has been a really solid keeper for a long time. It's too bad the world gets to know him when his career is pretty much over. He just loves to have fun while playing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Vote 24exit. Lol, give up already, 16 is dead already and it's not coming back.

The new system made both the qualifications and the final tournament much more open to surprises. I like it.

Oersted

National tournaments, esp at groupstage, are always shit.

But now we have tables with Hungary on top, followed by Iceland, Portugal and Austria.

Its funnier that way.

Osahi

Trying to copy the superior sport.

No. I am not a big football fan, but cycling is the most borring sport imaginable. It's so exciting the commentator can fill half of his time spewing touristic trivia. (And i hate michel wuyts)'. Also doped as fuck.

That said

beeeeeeelgiuuuuum!!!!

No. I am not a big football fan, but cycling is the most borring sport imaginable. It's so exciting the commentator can fill half of his time spewing touristic trivia. (And i hate michel wuyts)'. Also doped as fuck.

That said

beeeeeeelgiuuuuum!!!!

What are you talking about? Cycling on TV is my favorite background noise while taking a nap. Blasphemy!

That said

beeeeeeelgiuuuuum!!!!

Nothing better than a Giro with Renaat Schotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom