• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Well good on NI

But I can see him doing the damage in the second half. There is so much you can do to shut down players like bale because they need only one chance to create a goal.

Very true. Even if nothing else happens, one free kick from Bale could win Wales this game.

I think Coleman will alter his tactics a bit for this second half though. It would be the smart thing to do, Northern Ireland certainly aren't going to change anything.

Wales need to feed Bale the ball just ahead of the final third so he can squeeze in and create a chance for himself or others. Problem is they're relying far too much on those long balls.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
That was a good chance for the Welsh. Vokes should've done better there.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Bales free kick time....

Good solid goalkeeping from McGovern. Thought that was 1-0 there.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Let me guess, Northern Ireland's game plan not winning you over?

To be fair from a neutral perspective I can understand it but from a Norn Iron fan perspective the lads are doing exactly what they have to do, don't blame them at all.

Definitely not the worst match of the tournament. Hell even from a Norn Iron perspective they were worse against Poland.

Poland right now

giphy.gif

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair from a neutral perspective I can understand it but from a Norn Iron fan perspective the lads are doing exactly what they have to do, don't blame them at all.

Absolutely. I was joking because I remember El Topo saying Northern Ireland are the worst team in the tournament.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely. I was joking because I remember El Topo saying Northern Ireland are the worst team in the tournament.

We don't have the quality it's true. However even Germany only scored one goal against us so people can whine and complain all they want but I'm very proud of the team.

I do expect the Croatia and Spain match later to be the better match though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom