• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I'm fine with Northern Ireland losing.

Betting on Wales to make the quarter-final would've been a good way to make some serious money. :lol Congrats!

CrayToes

As if we aren't hated enough already, we get a lucky ass win against a valiant Northern Ireland.

Hollow victory. We'll get hammered by Belgium.

Northern Ireland wanted to Remain in Europe but Wales told them to Leave.

tumblr_inline_n5k74uvuKA1qej8a8.png

Haunted

Speaking of the bracket, it's the most one-sided I've ever seen at a major tournament. Just an incredible combination of the mode and some minor upsets within the groups leading to arguably the five strongest teams all ending up on the same side of the bracket, eliminating each other.

Whoever comes through on the other side (Croatia, Belgium or Portugal?) will have had one of the "easiest" roads to a final since Germany in 2002. :lol

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well done Wales. Sad to see we're going home but I'm really fuckin proud of the team, the fans all will be and I'm sure the NI fans will be getting pished with the Wales fans tonight.

Feel really sorry for McAuley but honestly I can't blame him too much for that OG and the fans won't be too angry either.

kharma45

Well done Wales. Sad to see we're going home but I'm really fuckin proud of the team, the fans all will be and I'm sure the NI fans will be getting pished with the Wales fans tonight.

Feel really sorry for McAuley but honestly I can't blame him too much for that OG and the fans won't be too angry either.

Surprised me that we ended up being the better side tonight. Defence did a great job in general against Bale and Ramsey

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame for Northern Ireland that this game was decided by an own goal when they had been so well organised and put in such a shift. They had a great tournament though, and should be proud of their efforts.

Congratulations to Wales. I'll be supporting you guys in your next game.

Baleoce

Yeah very unfortunate for that to be decided by an own goal. But Northern Ireland have done great in general. They really gave it a go today.

Surprised me that we ended up being the better side tonight. Defence did a great job in general against Bale and Ramsey

Whatsmore I think other teams are going to take note on this game.

Haunted

You guys did super well considering, and I think the positive attitude (and singing prowess :lol ) of your fans have resulted in a ton of fun and enjoyable coverage so far.

Thank you.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't see portugal faring too well against croatia. don't think their defense is going to hold up after that hungary match, though to be fair two of the hungarian goals were total fluke deflections. but considering that portugal got three draws from rather weak teams, i doubt they can do much against croatia.

Haunted

Looking forward to some Ronaldo tears in case Portugal loses. Croatia had a terrific showing against Spain, let's see what they can do against the little brother.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You guys did super well considering, and I think the positive attitude (and singing prowess :lol ) of your fans have resulted in a ton of fun and enjoyable coverage so far.

Thank you.

Thanks! The fans pride themselves on supporting the team and being good natured, tis good craic! Onwards and upwards and looking forward to the Croatia and Portugal match tonight with all you fine folk soon :)

jts

...hate me...
i don't see portugal faring too well against croatia. don't think their defense is going to hold up after that hungary match, though to be fair two of the hungarian goals were total fluke deflections. but considering that portugal got three draws from rather weak teams, i doubt they can do much against croatia.

Portugal has some of the top 3 attacking/dominating stats in this tourney, from shots to possession. Been pretty unlucky tbh, ando also lacks a pure striker. But it’s entirely possible that they start materializing the lot of chances they’ve been creating.

Hawkie

Best wishes to Wales in the quarters and to be fair that type of shenanigans looked like the only way either team was going to score today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom