• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakkus

Croatia has a better team player for player than Portugal and also has a far better collective than Portugal. How can Portugal win this?

eFKac

Hoping Portugal pulls an upset, cause I see us having a fighting chance with them in the quaters but Croatia should easily get through their spotty defense.

wbsmcs

Need Croatia to win in regular time to win a $500 parlay sooooo Ronaldo is probably going to score 3 goals. Had the Pol/Sui regular time draw and was freaking out after Shaqiri's goal.

pulsemyne

Well done Wales. Sad to see we're going home but I'm really fuckin proud of the team, the fans all will be and I'm sure the NI fans will be getting pished with the Wales fans tonight.

Feel really sorry for McAuley but honestly I can't blame him too much for that OG and the fans won't be too angry either.
We were really lucky today. Your team played great and really caused us problems. An ugly win for us but that's football for you.
And yeah the NI fans and the welsh will be getting steaming tonight.

Bakkus

^I typed my post before above one was posted

I swear there are funnier jokes on Big Bang Theory than your regular Brexit joke.

Tuffty

Shame for N.Ireland to go out but we played well and the fans did us proud all throughout the tournament. Fantastic occasion to be a part of. Congrats to Wales and best of luck.

Tugatrix

giphy.gif

Portugal right now

Oersted

In case you wondered what kind of guy the Croatian captain is

Srna was born in Metković[72] to Bosniak father Uzeir and Croatian mother Milka. His father, a World War II orphan and a former footballer for FK Sarajevo, supported his fledgling football career despite discrimination during the Yugoslav wars and widespread corruption among football coaches.[73] Before leaving Croatia to join for Shakhtar, he gave his parents a brand new Mercedes.[74] He has a tattoo of a deer playing football on his leg, as 'Srna' in Croatian means 'deer'.[75] Srna has also helped Bosnian club Borac Šamac where his father played as goalkeeper and was also a coach.[76]

Srna has a half-brother, Renato, a coach at Neretva, from their father's first marriage.[75] His other brother Igor has Down syndrome. As a result, Srna dedicates all his goals to him,[75] and even revealed a shirt under his jersey saying "Igor, svi smo uz tebe" ("Igor, we are all here for you") after scoring a goal against Macedonia. He also has a tattoo of "Igor" along his heart.[67]

While at Shaktar, Srna frequently buys match tickets for orphans and often finances their travel to the stadium at his own expense.[67][77][78] In late 2014 he purchased 20 tonnes of tangerines from farms near Metković and had them donated to over 23,000 primary school children in the Donbass region during the ongoing war there.[79]

Srna is married to longtime girlfriend Mirela Forić, whom he met through mutual friend footballer Boško Balaban.[80][81] Their daughter Kasja was born in July 2010.[82]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom