• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Kante MOTM imo, do it Perez.

flo.png

Fuck no. Our midfield is great as is.

Giroud = 8 goals in 8 matches. I don't understand the hatred against him, he's more effective than Benzema and perfect for where he plays (strong, tall, quick).

I'm no fan of giroud as a main striker for arsenal but his record for France is great and he's light years better than benzema.

Syder

Payet is so good. France must play a lot better if they want something out of the tournament.

Also, the subs were awful.
Bad subs that were too
late.

Rami actually played adequately which surprised me but I still think he'll get shown up against the tournaments best strikers (Müller and Lewandowski). I'd like to see Lucas Digne given a run out against Albania. (Thoughts, France fans?)

I believe if Gignac and Coman had been brought on early in the second half (first 15 mins) then they'd have been able to benefit from Pogba before he got tired.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Zidane wants to trade Isco (+€€€) for Pogba this summer according to the latest rumors

Kanté would be great for PSG

I would hate that, Isco>>>>Pogba. Plus we have Kovacic. Don't need anyone in midfield. Just a new RB.

Diabelli

Kante was solid, Payet saved us. Evra can go to hell.

I would like to say it's because he's older now that he can't cut it at this level (and that's mostly true), but as good as he was for United in those peak years, even then he still frustrated with lapses of judgement (diving in too early, getting caught under the ball, loss of concentration, giving away needless free kicks, etc.) I'm still annoyed at that game against Bayern with Olic's late winner.

Fistwell

I'd like to see Lucas Digne given a run out against Albania. (Thoughts, France fans?)
Well Evra can go die in a fire for all I care, so yeah... Digne... or anyone else. (Digne hasn't been very good in the little minutes he's got in recent games though... still, beats Evra)

I would like to say it's because he's older now that he can't cut it at this level (and that's mostly true), but as good as he was for United in those peak years, even then he still frustrated with lapses of judgement (diving in too early, getting caught under the ball, loss of concentration, giving away needless free kicks, etc.) I'm still annoyed at that game against Bayern with Olic's late winner.
What really drives me nuts is when he fucks up and just stops playing (and the team gets scored on as a result). Happened many times over the years with France. Happened On cameroon's second goal in that recent friendly. He gets sucked in by the ball, forgets the man he's supposed to be on, then stops playing when the open guy gets the ball and scores.

Mimosa97

Bad subs that were too
late.

Rami actually played adequately which surprised me but I still think he'll get shown up against the tournaments best strikers (Müller and Lewandowski). I'd like to see Lucas Digne given a run out against Albania. (Thoughts, France fans?)

I believe if Gignac and Coman had been brought on early in the second half (first 15 mins) then they'd have been able to benefit from Pogba before he got tired.

I'll take anyone over Evra. The only reason why he's in the team is that he's got a lot of influence in the locker room. He's pretty much the team leader by proxy.

Zidane wants to trade Isco (+€€€) for Pogba this summer according to the latest rumors

Kanté would be great for PSG
Kante said he isn't too keen to return to France. Reckon it'll be between Arsenal and Chelsea, and Arsenal already signed Xhaka to essentially do what Kante does.

That 20m pound releause clause is peanuts.

Coffinhal

I would've gotten at least one sub half-time (Griezmann->Coman, he was too uncomfortable) then Martial shortly after (instead of Pogba or Matuidi), and another midfield in the last 15 minutes or so.

I don't think Deschamps will change the defence, we had so much trouble with it in since the beginning of 2016 he won't try to destabilize it by getting Digne. Evra is strong but agressive. He's also old and experienced so important for the group (he's called "uncle Pat" by Pogba and the others).

How the hell can Payet only have 8 appearances in the national team in 2015-16?

Didn't have a good history with the coach, lots of options for the attack, he only started in March or so IIRC after his season with West Ham was confirmed to be kind of exceptional

I remember selling him for 60 or 80M€ in FIFA16 after only 1 season, best deal I ever made

Syder

Well Evra can go die in a fire for all I care, so yeah... Digne... or anyone else. (Digne hasn't been very good in the little minutes he's got in recent games though... still, beats Evra)

What really drives me nuts is when he fucks up and just stops playing (and the team gets scored on as a result). Happened many times over the years with France. Happened On cameroon's second goal in that recent friendly. He gets sucked in by the ball, forgets the man he's supposed to be on, then stops playing when the open guy gets the ball and scores.

I'll take anyone over Evra. The only reason why he's in the team is that he's got a lot of influence in the locker room. He's pretty much the team leader by proxy.

A training cone would be a step up from Evra so yeah, why not.
It's funny I'd play both Umtiti and Mangala over Rami and yet he, Evra and Sagna probably get in due to seniority.

Diabelli

Yep, used to drive me nuts too. That's why a limited player like Aaron fucking Lennon used to always have the beating of him, because he sucked him into the ball and then played kick and rush, and it worked every single fucking time leaving us exposed at the back. And that was at his peak, guess he still hasn't learnt. You'd think with his loss of pace and inability to recover he'd play a bit smarter. Still a legend though, but man, has he got to hang up his international boots.

EmiPrime

It's funny I'd play both Umtiti and Mangala over Rami and yet he, Evra and Sagna probably get in due to seniority.

Sagna is still good but Evra must have amazing blackmail material on someone at the FFF given his terrible performances for France and his idiotic player strike 6 years ago.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Sagna is still good but Evra must have amazing blackmail material on someone at the FFF given his terrible performances for France and his idiotic player strike 6 years ago.
He is the oldest, most listened to french player in the cloackroom. He has a spirit skill that matters more than other skills, for Deschamps.

Jisgsaw

Well, that first French half was pretty worrisome,it's like only Friedman actually wanted to play.
Thank god Paget and Pogb stepped up in the second half when Griezmann let up.

EmiPrime

He is the oldest, most listened to french player in the cloackroom. He has a spirit skill that matters more than other skills, for Deschamps.

That only works if he is good enough to be on the pitch, which he isn't. Someone with his experience shouldn't concede a penalty like he did.

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way west ham will be able to hang on to Payet this summer. Such a beast.
Every Premier League club will get at least £100m+ from TV money next season, West Ham are moving into a new 60,000 stadium with very generous rent contributions. They have more than enough money to keep Payet.

Firemind

Every Premier League club will get at least £100m+ from TV money next season, West Ham are moving into a new 60,000 stadium with very generous rent contributions. They have more than enough money to keep Payet.
Doesn't mean shit if Payet has ambitions innit

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!

He is probably interested in at least competing to win something.

Well, I'm sorry we didn't win the treble this year, y'r majesties.

The club has finally gotten a steady flow of cash thanks to the two Daves and some outside investors, we got a sweetheart deal on a new place, we've got a manager who isn't only known for bringing teams up from the lower level. Let's give it another year before the doom and gloom brigade come calling.

He isn't being sold this summer bar some disaster. Period. Payet has stated he is very happy here, and you saw how good he can be under Bilic.

Cappa

Banned
I honestly don't know how you can say that.

Kovacic is going out on loan.

Isco is not better than Pogba.

I would hate that, Isco>>>>Pogba. Plus we have Kovacic. Don't need anyone in midfield. Just a new RB.

As a Madrid fan AND an Isco fan... I'd have to agree with them. Today, right now, Pogba is so much better than Isco.

We need another striker, we need a LB not a RB(Danilo and Carvajal are just fine thanks), and we NEED another midfielder. Pogba would be perfect for Zidane's system.

Cappa

Banned
Deschamps saved by Payet.... questionable substitutions... and leaving Kevin Gameiro at home who is easily Frances best striker(not named Benzema)

jelly

What Evra did was stupid but Sagna's awful headed clearance right back into the danger zone set the whole thing off.

Kjellson

Haha, I just saw an interview with Deschamps and two guys carried a sign with the sponsors and put behind him so it would show.

Coffinhal

Deschamps : "I'm going to put Dimitri in between ice cubes until the next match so nothing serious happens to him"

I agree, we don't need one more injured talent

etta

my hard graphic balls
Saw the clashes between Russia and England fans... what the fuck is wrong with these idiots? Throwing bottles at each other like fucking animals. Throw them in jail and ban them from attending sports events for life the degenerate imbeciles, willing to harm and potentially kill over a fucking sport, they need some perspective slapped into them.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Saw the clashes between Russia and England fans... what the fuck is wrong with these idiots? Throwing bottles at each other like fucking animals. Throw them in jail and ban them from attending sports events for life the degenerate imbeciles, willing to harm and potentially kill over a fucking sport, they need some perspective slapped into them.

Blunt words but true.

On a lighter note so excited and nervous for tonight. Always get nervous before watching England, especially after the world cup travesty. God I love international competitions thiugh.

EDIT: Oh hey I never bothered to change my avatar back to normal after the world cup. Fitting.

slider

Wow, I've had loads of mid-table, but aspiring, team fans banging on about how Payet will definitely leave. I'm not saying he won't but the tone from these fans that their teams are bigger and better than WHUFC is astounding. We've had a fantastic season and, barring a Slave honeymoon phenomenon, should build on it this season.

Tubie

England has been actually trying to aggressively flight ban the worst of them for a while now, but the new generations just keep coming up as bad or worse than the ones before.

The good thing is that England is usually out of tournaments early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom