• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozfan12

Banned
Keep it close and you always have a chance. Should be a Belgium v Portugal semi by the looks of it but with how defensive the tournament has been you never know.

I effin knew it

Every cup is the same. Do a few great games and when the knockout stage comes start playing terrible....every single time

This is why croatia will never reach far in these tournaments

Akai__

We could get really far this year, but we always get kicked after groups. Fuck

And it's mostly our mistake, too.

Not sure was Ante Cacic was thinking, but he didn't do anything after the half time, where he actually had to. Then he goes on and brings Kalinic 2 minutes before the 90. minutes of play time and even changes Rakitic out, instead of Corluka who couldn't even walk anymore. Just a really bad call to play defensively like this.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I effin knew it

Every cup is the same. Do a few great games and when the knockout stage comes start playing terrible....every single time

This is why croatia will never reach far in these tournaments

they did reach the semi and finished third place in world cup 1998.

So I Iive in a small town that is 65% populated by Portugese Canadians, they are going crazy and honking their horns waiving their flags all over the road. So a BMW SUV covered In Portugese flags, full of hot Portugese chicks pull in my drive way to turn around I guess... I yell at them like an old man for driving in to my property. I yell "YOU DIDN'T DESREVE TO WINNN!!!" They giggle and drive off... :D

OwF8OIP.png
´
We will win this year.

Tugatrix

So I Iive in a small town that is 65% populated by Portugese Canadians, they are going crazy and honking their horns waiving their flags all over the road. So a BMW SUV covered In Portugese flags, full of hot Portugese chicks pull in my drive way to turn around I guess... I yell at them like an old man for driving in to my property. I yell "YOU DIDN'T DESREVE TO WINNN!!!" They giggle and drive off... :D

giphy.gif

Oersted

There are only two ways a team does not deserve to win:

1. Cheating

2. Bad referee decisions which change the game noticeable in your favour

There can be an overlap, called bribes

jts

...hate me...
But, but... Croatia were the best, both player by player and as a team! How could this happen?

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Kjellson

I watched the first half of this game before going out drinking beer with my friends. Completely forgot about it until I looked at Twitter. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Jorav

Getting the Greek vibe from Portugal and they'll troll their way to the finals, though Croatia only have themselves to blame. Hope the rest of the games aren't as boring.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The salt is purely on how much of a waste of time this game was, not that Portugal was winning. No one deserved to win tonight.

no the salt is Gaf's bizarre hate of a country because of 2 players

because other countries dont have cunts in their teams I guess? They are all angels

no the salt is Gaf's bizarre hate of a country because of 2 players

It's a perfectly normal behavior to encourage the expected-to-lose team, just to keep things interesting. Portugal, on the other hand, is mostly expected to win against everyone in the lower-tier bracket, maybe except a rematch. So, well.

Congrats Portuguese. I wasn't watching the game, but I hear that my boy Guerreiro was playing well, again. Good.

I'm also sad about Croatia though, they've played really well up until now :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game was horrible btw dont get me wrong, even media here is saying it. Headlines include "Tedium until Renato comes in" etc. Gaf salt towards Ronaldo/Pepe tho...

Anyway apparently Portugal has made it to the quarter finals (at least) every euro tournament since 96 huh

I watched most of the games today. Out of about 330 minutes, only about 10 of them produced good football. Absolute garbage day in the Euros.

Thank God there's still a Copa game today.

Are people here seriously comparing today's Portugal to Greece 2004?

Holy fucking shit.

Renato Sanches is a fucking beast. I hate the Bayern but I'm really curious to see him next season + Raphael Guerreiro at Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom