• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

Replace Modric with another top mf and Real still would've won the CL.

Replace Ronaldo and I doubt it.

You're underrating Modric to a huge extent and overrating Ronaldo a bit. Modric isn't just a 'top' midfielder. He's one of, if not the best, players in that position in the world. Players like him never get the credit they deserve because it's harder for people to see the things they do to help the team and to help players like Ronaldo look better.

Addi

Even though we got a lot of shitty games, one thing I like about this Euro is how much a goal seems to mean for the teams. They go absolutely mental as if they had won the title (except for Belgium, they just stand there like "cool, ok, we scored")

usp84

How great would it be if we got a final or maybe even the semi-finals with teams like Poland Wales, Ireland etc.???

Probably wont happen but i would like to see a new winner.

clemenx

Banned
Surprisingly Messi doesn't get even half of this much hate, even though arguably not paying taxes and fucking over the people that love you warrants a bit more distaste than a little bit of diving here and there. Fucking cunts.

He makes awesome goals against such powerhorses like Panama and USA (sorry guys!) so he must be god.

Looking forward to Chile destroying him for 2nd year in a row.

Tubie

Surprisingly Messi doesn't get even half of this much hate, even though arguably not paying taxes and fucking over the people that love you warrants a bit more distaste than a little bit of diving here and there. Fucking cunts.

Yea, I will never understand the Ronaldo hate.

I love the banter when he does a silly dive or bitches about something, but you can't deny his talent and all he has accomplished.

He has been scoring 50+ goals a season for over 5 seasons in a row, and has won everything there is to win in the two best leagues in the world. That shit is unreal.

But is he leading the team? Apart from his goals in the previous match his performance has been poor. Modric, Iniesta, Payet or Messi in the American Cup among others are leading their teams, Cristiano is performing nowhere near them for example. It's like the final of the Champions, where apart from scoring the last penalty he did nothing but still seemed to take the credit.

He was involved in the goal that lead Portugal to the quarters. As much as I love Modric, this game he did nothing but lead his team to an early exit.

T-Rex.

Banned
Yea, I will never understand the Ronaldo hate.

I love the banter when he does a silly dive or bitches about something, but you can't deny his talent and all he has accomplished.

He has been scoring 50+ goals a season for over 5 seasons in a row, and has won everything there is to win in the two best leagues in the world. That shit is unreal.

He was involved in the goal that lead Portugal to the quarters. As much as I love Modric, this game he did nothing but lead his team to an early exit.
Agreed. I love trolling when he flops, but I like Ronaldo. His desire to win and dedication to be the very best is unmatched.

tonka

I still think it's ridiculous that there'll be 10 times as many French fans in the stadium. Poor form from the organisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom