• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

animated-portugal-flag-2.gif

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO PORTUGAAAAAAAL

YOURE NEXT SANTA

Berto

Pepe man of the match. Renato is a monster, tremendous talent. That Sporting Lisbon midfield is awesome. Modric best player in this Euro.

Well, as for the positive takeaway, whatever team from the other bracket (most certainly Germany) advances to the final match, they have nothing to fear. Truly pathetic.

nelchaar

Both teams should be eliminated and banned from future tournaments for the abject, abysmal, boring ass game they all made us suffer through.

Where does winning the Euros rank on a professional footballer's wish list? (American here so I'm trying to put the competition in perspective.) my guess...

1. World Cup championship
2. Champions League
3. Euro champs
4. League Championship
5. Europa championship
6. Local derby
7. League tournament champs
8. Olympics

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Amazing.

Typical end of the season game played with tactical strictness and with loads of players lacking agility. Modric had lots of ball in his defensive midfield. Rakitic was a ghost. We have natural deficiencies that we will never be able to suppress but we played with some of our qualities. When we had space, we scored.

8 players from the starting eleven are all from Sporting youth. Would love to know if this is a all time record in Euro competitions.

Our defence is shit. That is a reality. Carvalho is a fossil, but Fontes is actually a very reliable player. Play him instead of the old man. Our fullbacks are all bad, but we should at least expect them to play better offensively. None was able too. Perhaps Cedric, which is also kinda terrible, could help.

We did the two big changes to actually be good. Take Moutinho and Andre Gomes away. Moutinho is a carcass of a player, and Andre Gomes a sleeper agent of Jorge Mendes in a process that is supposed to take this shit player to United. I'm not a fan of Renato, but he is miles better than these two. Shamefully the best 2nd midfielder of our league hasnt even played a minute. Just a dumbfuck of a coach . Mario-Adrien-Carvalho play with their eyes closed. When Joao and Carvalho took care of the ball, we started to control it completely (when fucking Moutinho stopped being a slog with the ball).

In our attack, the most important thing is to have always someone next to Ronaldo. He doesnt like being the reference in the area. He always needs another player who can hold onto one of the defenders. Nani tried to do that and Ronaldo was able to go more from right to center as he loves. The first goal is a beauty.

Santos did almost everything I asked. Fontes is a billion times better than Carvalho, and Cedric was decent. Our midfield more or less hold them quite well, but Andre Gomes stayed way too long. Shamefully the coach is horrific, playing with the defense line so behind, stretching our game stupidly.

croatia has their best team in years, good momentum from defeating spain, and they throw it all away by trying to play for penalties for 115 minutes

They lost cause they wanted to gain superiority in the second ball in the play that preceded our goal. lol. They throw it away cause they forgot what they were doing in the final moments of the game. Thanks Croatia.

Podge293

Where does winning the Euros rank on a professional footballer's wish list? (American here so I'm trying to put the competition in perspective.) my guess...

2. Champions League
3. Euro champs
4. League Championship
5. Europa championship
6. Local derby
8. Olympics

Probably above the champions league but below the World Cup would be my guess.

Well for Ireland I assume it'd be that way

Ronaldo probably not so much but then again he's done nothing internationally so it might rank high

Eyeh4wk

2. Champions League
3. Euro champs
4. League Championship
5. Europa championship
6. Local derby
8. Olympics

I would put Olympics in second and Confederations Cup somewhere in the Top 5.

Berto

2. Euro champs
3. Champions League
4. League Championship
5. Europa championship
6. Local derby
Irrelevant. Olympics

Most players don't even want to play in the olympics and fuck up their vacations and season start.

eFKac

I'll shit bricks if we actually advance to the semi's but we have a chance.

Such a shame we have no substitute for Milik and Lewandowski on attack.

Mestizo

croatia has their best team in years, good momentum from defeating spain, and they throw it all away by trying to play for penalties for 115 minutes

Yep and ironically they suffer in the same way Spain has suffered in their previous match.

Wait...it was an IBERIC REVENGE

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

2. Champions League
3. Euro champs
4. League Championship
5. Europa championship
6. Local derby
8. Olympics

Personally I would switch Champions League and Euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom