• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mad, we tried on the second half but Italy were better. We eren't destined to win this one from the beginning.

I hope Italy win this.

Kill3r7

That was a magnificent performance by Italy. Conte's tactics today were outstanding. I can't wait to see how he does this fall with Chelsea. The PL is going to be nuts this year.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Time for Spain to stop being slaves to the tiki taka ideology.

It's not working anymore. They need to move on.

Tiki taka was different when you had the two Xavis, David Villa, Mata.... shit that whole World Cup 2010 roster was ridiculously stacked.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We did it! I was a bit pessimistic right before the match, but still hopeful...and it happened. I think the last time we won in an official international competition against Spain was back in 1994. Roberto Baggio was still a player in activity at the time; think about that XD

Italy deserved to win, Spain was clueless and there was no plan B. It's really sad to see how Del Bosque burnt to the ground what Aragones built 8 years ago. It was a big mistake not to sack him after the WC fiasco.

We did it! I was a bit pessimistic right before the match, but still hopeful...and it happened. I think the last time we won in an official international competition against Spain was back in 1994. Roberto Baggio was still a player in activity at the time; think about that XD

Yep 22 years. I wasn't even born when we defeated Spain in 1994. This is so huge for me personally.

trembli0s

Tiki taka was different when you had the two Xavis, David Villa, Mata.... shit that whole World Cup 2010 roster was ridiculously stacked.

Yeah, without Xavi and the right forwards the system doesn't quite work.

I think there's plenty of young talent though for the midfield. I imagine Koke and Saul will be starting which will make more sense with our attacking players.

Strax

EP-160628889.jpg

Iceland new president gets it, the old one does not.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
italy delivered, now let's see what Iceland can do!!

Go vikings

Floody

Hopefully sterling is good today. Vardys not starting.

What you guys think of the starting 11?

It's fine outside of Sterling starting I guess, don't think he (or Kane to be fair) have earned it, though It wouldn't be terrible having Vardy and Lallana coming on later on to play with a tired defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom