• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shit on the news is embarrassing to watch as someone from England. They should just kick England, France and Russia out of the competition. I know it's a minority, but I bet they wouldn't do it in the next competition if it meant their team was disqualified.

The people hell bent on stuff like this couldn't give a shit about what happens on the pitch.

Football is merely a venue for them to cause trouble - or to prove themselves in battle.

It's pathetic.

Oriel

"When it's always the same countries bringing their scummy fans to ruin the fun for everyone else?"

You're saying that all the England fans who come over to France are scummy.

It's ridiculous how many people think it's okay to think they can just ban England from competing in tournaments. It just makes me question your knowledge of Football culture.

Teams are routinely banned when their support base kick off and wreck the place. England were very nearly booted out of Euro 2000 by UEFA for the same carry on. Anyone else remember Charleroi?

Hedrush

"When it's always the same countries bringing their scummy fans to ruin the fun for everyone else?"

You're saying that all the England fans who come over to France are scummy.

I don't think he meant every fan but more the countries who always have a minority of scummy fans who cause trouble.

Courage

Rooney, much like Alan Shearer, will never get the respect he deserves. Both were a top 20-30 player in the world for 4-5 years but are treated by some like they had the talent of Darren Bent or Dion Dublin.

I'd say he's still held in high regard by some considering he hasn't been benched in his past couple woeful seasons. Seems like Mourinho is also going to depend on him.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

With his position game you would expect him to walk into pretty much any wrong team in the world.

That's two goes you've had at my quote. Care for another? :-D

Rooney has no positional awareness though? All I can do is shake my head at that.

England and Russian fans fighting outside the stadium? WTF..

Saw one report that and england fan had been killed by Russian Ultras/morons/whoever but it doesn't seem widespread so...hopefully gossip mongering. All of that sort of behaviour is so fucking awful though, and should be a relic of the past

Looking forward to England's spectacular collapse at some point in this tournament

Lol i feel we will get drawn against a pretty poor team in the quarters who we should roll over and get beat 3-0.

Shito

The shit on the news is embarrassing to watch as someone from England. They should just kick England, France and Russia out of the competition. I know it's a minority, but I bet they wouldn't do it in the next competition if it meant their team was disqualified.
The stupid Marseille guys doing stupid things are in this to "defend their city".
This has nothing to do with football to them. Just as it has nothing to do with football for the stupid English and Russian guys participating in this as well. It's just an excuse.
Reports in the official fanzone in Marseille (i.e. the ones who came for the actual football thing) are saying it's the exact opposite, with people behaving super well and nice.

I don't think people realise Rooney plays a lot deeper these days.

He has also played very well in that role.

Maybe Woy goes mad and tells him to bomb forward, meaning Ali and Dier would get swamped.

Baleoce

It's quite an attacking setup on paper, but I do feel that Vardy should be factored in regardless. Lallana and co. can feel free to prove me wrong though.

The people hell bent on stuff like this couldn't give a shit about what happens on the pitch.

Football is merely a venue for them to cause trouble - or to prove themselves in battle.

It's pathetic.

Agreed. England should be forced to play behind closed doors with no fans. There is a section of the fan base who are nothing but scum and an absolute embarrassment. I know it's not all the fans but a message needs to be sent

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. England should be forced to play behind closed doors with no fans. There is a section of the fan base who are nothing but scum and an absolute embarrassment. I know it's not all the fans but a message needs to be sent

That's a pretty unfair treatment; the vast majority of England fans attending, almost certainly over 99% given the numbers, have nothing to do with this.

Rooney, much like Alan Shearer, will never get the respect he deserves. Both were a top 20-30 player in the world for 4-5 years but are treated by some like they had the talent of Darren Bent or Dion Dublin.

I've never seen even the most cynical Rooney fans dismiss his talents and ability when he was younger. There's a difference between that and what he is now. You only had to watch the 10 man United performances last season to see that.

Covfan

Leave Dion Dublin alone!

Criminal that he didn't go to the 98 world cup.

spekkeh

Banned
That's two goes you've had at my quote. Care for another? :-D

Rooney has no positional awareness though? All I can do is shake my head at that.
No.

I tried but I have to admit there's noone in any team in the world that is as good as Rooney when it comes to walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom