• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacbois

Time to cancel the game. This is some bullshit going on there. If you can't have a normal Euro just don't do it all.

And to do this shit in France now also, while police is fucking swamped with preventing any terror threats after the attacks on Paris.

Ban Russia supporters from this and two following Euros if that is happening. Unacceptable shit. Like holy fuck Russia, get your shit together sometime.

There's no trouble in the stadium area, seems like the fighting mostly involve people without tickets, no need to cancel the game.

As for the police response, it's just abmysal. Mostly peaceful protests have been met with police violence, protesters losing their eyes etc.. They knew that this game was under high threat of hooliganism but their response seemed mininal.

Empty

we have nearly zero width in the squad. i think walker has to start as a result.

quite like the team though i'd go wilshire or henderson over lallana, really glad sterling is playing and roy didn't try and jam in vardy, far more cohesive that way. obviously rooney shouldn't be playing but has was never not going to start so its irrelevant.

Angel_DvA

Wasn't it Tunisia and England?

Oh... You're probably right, I thought it was the Turkish but you may be right, my bad XD.

There's no trouble in the stadium area, seems like the fighting mostly involve people without tickets, no need to cancel the game.

As for the police response, it's just abmysal. Mostly peaceful protests have been met with police violence, protesters losing their eyes etc.. They knew that this game was under high threat of hooliganism but their response seemed mininal.

They are more than 1200 police officers along the Stadium, it's not minimal at all but it's probably difficult to control ~30 000 supporters.

England!

Show some fucking balls! Have some fucking fun!

Behind you 100% :D :D :D

Edit: also massive congratulation to my Welsh lovelies :D Thursday will be epic!

Beefy

The guy with the blue hat on who hit that guy on the stairs on the head with a chair is a Russian apparently. BBC showed a clip of him kicking a English fan in the back of the head as he laid knocked out on the floor.

@samcunningham
A young English fan is in hospital after being slashed in the face by a Russian thug.

@samcunningham
The England fan who suffered cardiac arrest is 51. His heart stopped and had to be restarted at the scene. Remains in a critical condition.

caramac

Skrtel is crazy

Never

skittles3ukrf.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Rooney is probably the biggest 'lie' in football in the last ~4 years.

I have to agree. I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong and for Rooney to have the tournament of his life but the guy has been handed chance after chance and never delivered for England.

people want to talk about his 50+ goals or whatever but it's such a meaningless stat when you score 20 against San Marino and 1 at the world cup (and even that was meaningless).

The shit on the news is embarrassing to watch as someone from England. They should just kick England, France and Russia out of the competition. I know it's a minority, but I bet they wouldn't do it in the next competition if it meant their team was disqualified.

Jisgsaw

The shit on the news is embarrassing to watch as someone from England. They should just kick England, France and Russia out of the competition. I know it's a minority, but I bet they wouldn't do it in the next competition if it meant their team was disqualified.

Good luck kicking the host country out of the competition.

GHG

I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong and for Rooney to have the tournament of his life but the guy has been handed chance after chance and never delivered for England.

But but but he's our all time top scorer. He's scored more goals for England than anyone in the history of the game.

How can we leave him out?

What makes it worse is the fact that the useless twit is captain...

Coffinhal

There is no "should", there are rules in a competition like this and you don't kick a whole team and a whole country because you're under the impression that maybe 2 or 4 years laters the 20, 50, 100, 200 or 500 guys that are doing shit while not attending the matches will maybe calm down.

This is just as stupid as the guy who wanted the police to "break the bones" of the violent guys in Marseille because, you know, street justice and repression are common in a State of Law. Better get the Guillotine back next time.

See you next time we are talking about football in a Euro football cup topi and not about riots and how to break bones or fuck the competition.

Oriel

Kicking the host out of a tournament for the actions of mostly English and Russian fans? Yeah, good luck with that.

Edit: though I do agree that England should be tossed out of international tournaments and Russia stripped of hosting the WC.

oti

Banned
How exactly it is possible for some nations to have worse fans than others? How can the Brits/Russians be known for being soem of the most terrible fans? Drunken German ultras are just as terrible, but they don't have that image, do they?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even going to bother arguing about Rooney. The guy's record and performances speak for themselves. He is and has been a wonderful football player. He's your captain, record goal scorer as a striker, and now he's smart enough to step back and play a different role. As a Man U fan, I've enjoyed watching him play over the years and look forward to watching him play in a Mourinho team next season.

Tell you what, I'll eat my words if he doesn't have a good game in midfield tonight.

How exactly it is possible for some nations to have worse fans than others? How can the Brits/Russians be known for being soem of the most terrible fans? Drunken German ultras are just as terrible, but they don't have that image, do they?

English/Russians.

Wales played today and we didn't kick off.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know how you can say that.

And whats happens when one of Kroos, Modric or Casemiro gets injured?

Keep the team as it is? We don't need Pogba. Especially if you're just gonna bench him. Kovacic, Isco, still got James. Should all stay.

Kovacic is going out on loan.

Isco is not better than Pogba.

As a Madrid fan AND an Isco fan... I'd have to agree with them. Today, right now, Pogba is so much better than Isco.

We need another striker, we need a LB not a RB(Danilo and Carvajal are just fine thanks), and we NEED another midfielder. Pogba would be perfect for Zidane's system.

Carvajal is great, but Danilo..ugh. Just awful. We don't need another midfielder, certainly not Pogba. Such an overrated player. You're all crazy. Isco is so much better.

I'm surprised Rooney's not playing in goal with how much he seems to be forced into the team...

Why play him completely out of position when you could play Vardy in position instead?

Liamc723

Where did I say that?

"When it's always the same countries bringing their scummy fans to ruin the fun for everyone else?"

You're saying that all the England fans who come over to France are scummy.

It's ridiculous how many people think it's okay to think they can just ban England from competing in tournaments. It just makes me question your knowledge of Football culture.

"When it's always the same countries bringing their scummy fans to ruin the fun for everyone else?"

It's ridiculous how many people think it's okay to think they can just ban England from competing in tournaments. It just makes me question your knowledge of Football culture.
What does this have to do with football culture?

And no, that sentence does not mean all England supporters. "Their scummy fans" are the people doing this, not all fans.

And you can punish the country for the behavior of their fans. That's really not that strange.

CrayToes

Bringing their scummy fans = all their fans are scummy? Lol.

Keep trying to play the victim.

Strax

Damn. Some of you really don't like Rooney.

He'd walk into pretty much any team in the world.

Rooney, much like Alan Shearer, will never get the respect he deserves. Both were a top 20-30 player in the world for 4-5 years but are treated by some like they had the talent of Darren Bent or Dion Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom