• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol Ballack is in disbelief on ESPN. He's like its the second time they have given away a penalty like that.

Who has their arms up in the air like that? Two different players too. Is it a Coaching thing?

Alx

Lucky result for the first half, Germany deserved better. Stupid mistake, too, you'd think that after Boateng's hand ball all the team would be more cautious with their hands.

Mory Dunz

People really don't think it was a penatly?

so what did the ball deflect off of?
And To go straight up with no spin

Is germany like gaf's team or something?

Baleoce

Yeah. First I was like huh, then I was like well seems a bit harsh, thinking about it a third time, your hand doesn't go towards the ball in that way if you're not reaching out for it, so it was clearly intentional and clearly hands. Great split second call that.

Yeah that's actually one of the most impressive calls this tournament. I was convinced that wasn't a penalty at first.

Arex

wow.. I suppose it was a raised hand, and penalty, but it's really against the flow of the game. I was neutral, but I'm totally on Germany side now, hope they win, they've played better so far.

That was definitely a penalty.

But forget the penalty for a min, it's reassuring that France can play like absolute fucking garbage, yet superior deutschland was unable to score. Thought we were gonna get crushed 7-1 if not worse, what happened?
or was that PK the 1 in 7-1? ;)

What are you talking about, France was not nearly that bad this first half

Mimosa97

Germany are the better team. We got lucky with the pen. I think the 2nd half will be great. I can't see Germany not scoring at least 1 goal with the way they've been playing.

Anyway with don't deserve to make it to the finals like this. I don't want my team to be a Portugal bis.

Mory Dunz

There were two penalties in the first half and only one was called. I think the complaints about the ref bias are fair.

tumblr_md5c1uWmpk1qmj3m3o5_r1_250.gif

Pachimari

I'm so conflicted. I want France to win as I feel Portugal will have a better chance against them, and I want Cristiano to win it. But Germany got Kroos and I love that player.

Ennosuke

Honestly? If we stick to the rules, we should at least get one penalty as well. So it is a shame that the ref gifts france.

robatw

Why do People in this thread think it is over now?

Germany is clearly the better Team and will equalize with like no effort...

El Topo

Man, i thought this ref was just going to let them play. He knows that hand ball was unintentional, just let them play.

It maybe wasn't intentional, but it's clearly not a natural movement, i.e. Schweinsteiger extends the area of his body. Best you could have hoped for is a penalty without a yellow, see Boateng in Germany-Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom