• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Man, i thought this ref was just going to let them play. He knows that hand ball was unintentional, just let them play.

You don't unintentionally wave your hands in the air in the general direction of the ball when you clearly know you lost a header.

Unintentional would be the ball hitting the arms of a defender when they are close to his body.

I can't believe how some of you still don't see how that's a clear penalty.

Boateng should've told him about the rules.

CmyXvQaWEAEe7hM.jpg:large

Schweinsteiger
image.php

tuxfool

Banned
It shouldn't have been a yellow, but it is a handball inside the box. I'm not sure how one could argue against a penalty.

Ansatz

You don't unintentionally wave your hands in the air in the general direction of the ball when you clearly know you lost a header.

Unintentional would be the ball hitting the arms of a defender when they are close to his body.

I can't believe how some of you still don't see how that's a clear penalty.

Bastian always reaches for the other player's shoulder in aerial duels, that's exactly what he's doing there.

Bersi

As much as i would rather see france win, i must admit that this germany is truly something special, it's the only team in this euro besides italy ( but for us it was more conte's merit then the quality of the players) that plays like a club more then a national, really impressive stuff.

Fistwell

What are you talking about, France was not nearly that bad this first half
They did imo
I don't claim to be objective though, lol
. They had a few good sequences when they managed to press high and get the ball back, like in the first 5mins. After that they left the ball to germany, played too far from the ball and too low, gave the ball back too quickly. Left side of the defense was especially poor, with Evra and Payet confused on who's defending whom. They managed to bring back Kimmich in the game, and that kid was practically drowning in the first 5mins. They left him so much space, he found his composure back and contributed offensively pretty often.

I have faith Deschamps can sort this shit at 1/2 time. He needs to change the team's balance in some way. I'm just praying he leaves Griezman next to Giroud.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my thoughts on first half:

clear penalty

Germany dominated France

entertaining game

Baleoce

It's a penalty after looking at the footage. 100%. But to say it's an obvious penalty is ridiculous. The ref was extremely astute in spotting that, and I can guarantee that if he hadn't, the stadium and anyone watching would have been none the wiser. It probably wouldn't have even prompted a replay because nobody noticed it during open play.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just like they scored in the first 45 with like no effort. Oh, wait...

Yeah. Kroos and Ozil will put the ball in the danger areas. Who's going to put it in the back of the net though. Muller? Doesn't look like he can score at the Euros.

Draxler?

Gotze?

Of course it's possible that Germany still win this game, but it's no cakewalk.

Fularu

Banned
Bastian always reaches for the other player's shoulder in aerial duels, that's exactly what he's doing there.

He should learn to stop doing it, because it just cost them a penalty right before break in the semi finals. He only has himself to blame on that action because the odds of Evra scoring on that header were so low as to be non existant

Binabik15

Good thing I didn't expect Germany to win.But bloody hell, another penalty?

And Özil has a yellow? Wth.

At least we finally beat Italy, that's more important than the title, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom