• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

CnBxTQoWYAAJbEc.jpg:large

Ouch :/

Alx

do you prefer baguette?
at least do it right... since when are fries or baguette used as a shortcut for French ?

also lol at the Coke ad using the French slow clap (yes it's French now... until someone else steals it :D)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've hated a lot on the portugal TEAM. The team and only the team. Never said anything about portugal fans or the portugal people or the portuguese culture.

Whereas everytime we play, it's never our team that gets hated on (that would be 100% okay) but the french people as whole.

I've been on Gaf for years. IT's always been the case. I used to say nothing and stay quiet but now I fight back :)

There's a first time for everything

banter

[Fugo]

ng7271622.JPG

Knee to the side of the knee

Whoever has played soccer knows how dangerous that is

He may not have injured him "on purpose" but sure as hell he did nothing to avoid hitting him in a dangerous spot
(and yes, I know what being hospitalized after a soccer injury is ;_; )

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, is this France tactics always? Again like in the game against Germany 10-15 minutes in full force and then slowly died. Will they repeat it at the beginning of second half?

Mimosa97

Man why are we doing the scottish clap now ?

We deserve the hate for that lmao. It's okay to borrow chants but for fuck sake the timing is just lame as fuck. Plus we don't have the viking vibe to make it work. We just look ridiculous doing it loool

I've hated a lot on the portugal TEAM. The team and only the team. Never said anything about portugal fans or the portugal people or the portuguese culture.

Whereas everytime we play, it's never our team that gets hated on (that would be 100% okay) but the french people as whole.

I've been on Gaf for years. IT's always been the case. I used to say nothing and stay quiet but now I fight back :)

But food references to make fun of a country and culture is cute though no?

I'll take a serving of Pork and cheese over a plate of greasy French fries any day. Both high in saturated fats though.

Yet you aren't.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any of that for any other countries. Not that it would be any better, mind you, but yeah, not liking how you can be hurtful to a whole nation because "football mate!"...

Someone wasn't on the GAF 2014 world cup thread.

Man why are we doing the scottish clap now ?

We deserve the hate for that lmao. It's okay to borrow chants but for fuck sake the timing is just lame as fuck. Plus we don't have the viking vibe to make it work. We just look ridiculous doing it loool

Don't forget the David Guetta ceremony. You're not making it easy for neutrals to like you.

flozuki

It's not hate when it's about us. Apparently we deserve it just for being french lol

Itt a bunch of cunts trying super hard to find any excuse to hate french people. I wouldn't say anything if people did the same when Germany or Italy or Spain was playing. But nah never read anything hateful about them. So yeah I don't think I'm paranoid when I say the french hate is real on Gaf.

You are paranoid. As a German there are tons of "nicknames" I have to listen to. Lederhose, Kartoffelbauer, Bratwurst, Beerman and also some dirt I won't even list :D

Where? show me.

Not gonna go back, there were jokes made about boateng raising his right hand. Stuff like that.

Also I don't even have a problem with it. I'm not personally insulted by it, I think it's part of the game and I take it.
Sometimes it's even funny.

Let's talk about football again.

[Fugo];209631388 said:
He may not have injured him "on purpose" but sure as hell he did nothing to avoid hitting him in a dangerous spot
(and yes, I know what being hospitalized after a soccer injury is ;_; )

Ronaldo was standing still. He just received the ball and that pyte charged at him directly like a moron. :mad:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
France really dangerous in the first 10-15mins, then Ronaldo got fucked and subbed, and the game settled, no real chances on either side besides the header from France that the keeper did the great save.

Fair assessment?

Now i get it when some people said that Portugal was going to get destroyed. You meant literally, Ronaldo got destroyed and france is now taking care of Quaresma.

Shito

I've seen the nazi joke, but not any of the other ones you German guys are talking about. Not here on GAF though.
And if I recall right, that nazi line was followed by a bunch of "not cool".
So let us French guys "not cool" the stupid little nicknames some of you are giving us (and they don't seem really friendly in the sentences they are used) please? ^^
Let's make fun of players, teams, coaches and people, but quit it with the demanding words for a whole country!

Mimosa97

But food references to make fun of a country and culture is cute though no?

I'll take a serving of Pork and cheese over a plate of greasy French fries any day. Both high in saturated fats though.

There's a way to say it. I don't mind getting called froggy by english people. We call them " roastbeef ". The friendly banter is mutual.

Don't forget the David Guetta ceremony. You're not making it easy for neutrals to like you.

Yeah on behalf of the french people I apologize about that. Shameful display :(

You are paranoid. As a German there are tons of "nicknames" I have to listen to. Lederhose, Kartoffelbauer, Bratwurst, Beerman and also some dirt I won't even list :D

Here on Gaf ? Never seen any of these names.

Germans are the only one who get some kind of hate here on gaf just for being german with the usual nazi jokes.

France really dangerous in the first 10-15mins, then Ronaldo got fucked and subbed, and the game settled, no real chances on either side besides the header from France that the keeper did the great save.

Fair assessment?

I'd add that Portugal pressured in the last 15min

Ronaldo was standing still. He just received the ball and that pyte charged at him directly like a moron. :mad:

Football is a contact sport, part of the job of holding up the ball is not putting yourself in a position to get clattered if someone wins it. It was a decent tackle, he went in hard but he's allowed to, it wasn't reckless.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

Fair assessment?

Pretty much.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised France never created more. The game is basically theirs to win.

daxy

Damn shame about Ronaldo. Was looking forward to seeing him play. Must be terrible for the guy.

Oh please. Try being someone with Russian heritage/Russian. Each thread about the latest crazy about the government pulls it's dumb Russians this, fuck Russia that, etcetera. People paint nationalities with a wide-ass brush on Gaf and everywhere. Sports is practically fair game because we all know it's part of the competitive spirit.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Yeah for Martinez to comment that it was "just a clash of knees" indicates a clueless level that should bar him from commentary and ever coaching a first division team again. On first viewing at normal speed it did not look good. On replay the knee was obviously damaged.

Angel_DvA

Fair assessment?

Football isn't like Handball, Basketball etc... nothing really happen for 90% of the time and you love it for the last 10%.

Croyles

After "froggies", we now have "French fries",
Stay classy gaf.

Should of been there during the world cup when during Germany games every second post was something about invading counties and pictures of tanks.

I don't know why I frequent Gaf football threads sometimes honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom