• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsapeer

Banned
France were awful. Portugal well played.
Can't believe I lost my bet hahaha France to win the competition and Portugal to win over90mins. Jesus haha unlucky or fucking what!!

Magni

What's the point of giving a yellow for wasting time but not giving extra time for it? Loss is on France for only playing the first 15 minutes, but fuck does FIFA/UEFA not make the game in general infuriating to watch at times.

Congrats Portugal on becoming the new Greece. Still a win for you guys though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
tumblr_nkr9uoL4vE1snz1xuo2_250.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Grats France, you deserved the win during normal time, but as we say here "who doesnt score, conceedes". you will win something again soon enough everyone knows that.

We wont. Let us have this one :)

Unconfirmed Member
France have no-one to blame but themselves. 110 minutes to be a Portuguese side without Ronaldo and they couldn't even manage to score. Deschamps should be held responsible, bringing on Gignac before Martial and not pushing Pogba further forward are both errors he made.

cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

Let's be honest, Portugal actually deserved to win today. France could have made sure they had no chance to score a random goal, but they didn't.

GG Portugal

France: fix your pitches

Ruruja

Yet another country gets to experience something I'll probably never experience in my life.

ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Congrats Portugal.

Must be nice.

Mimosa97

Nah it's going to be fine.
People were cheering in the streets all day long.
As much as GAF loves to be cynical and pessimist about everything, I've seen countless of great things in Paris this past month. People from all the countries celebrating together, displaying their colors or even cheering with the other team's fans after their team got eliminated. This Euro brought joy and hope to the whole country, and now our fellow Portuguese friends will be extatic, and we won't have to pretend being champions will make everything great again somehow.
Things will be fine.
They already have been marvelous for a whole month.

Maybe GAF didn't like the matches or the tournament, but this has been wonderful from the inside.

Yeah I know this Euro has been a success but still I know all the ugliness is going to come back in full force in the next few weeks

I just wanted a few days of pure bliss for my people. Not this time :(

GG Portugal. Enjoy the party :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom