• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

FINALLY we win something.

And no not one single Portuguese cares that we parked the bus or had 3 draws in group stage or whatever the fuck you cry about.

Finally.

xptoxyz

Aveiro-R%C3%A9colte_de_sel-1967_07_29_29.jpg

Loona

I feel really bad for my people back home. After all what's happened in the last 2 years with the horrible terrorist attacks and the extreme tensions in our society, we really needed this win. It was the first time people were happy and proud to be french in a long time. But now I think it's only going to get worse somehow. I wish we had lost in the semis against the germans.

Oh well.

Nobody gives a damn about Portugal, including its own government at times. Let us at least have football accomplishments as a consolation prize, inconsequent as they may be.

Dierce

Would this rival Greece's 2004 Euro championship win? Portugal didn't win a single game until the semifinals. The only reason they went past the group stages was because of favorable rule changes.

Go_Ly_Dow

YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE DELICIOUS JOYFUL RONALDO TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Portugal!

I'm sorry, France. I know you guys needed this, but hey. Put on a great display throughout the tournament, worth being proud of.

Alx

Well done Portugal. Too bad Ronaldo couldn't play most of it, but I'm sure he's still happy.
The last minutes were really tense.
I didn't find the match to be that boring by the way, nice opportunities for both sides. Both goalkeepers were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom