• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I feel really bad for my people back home. After all what's happened in the last 2 years with the horrible terrorist attacks and the extreme tensions in our society, we really needed this win. It was the first time people were happy and proud to be french in a long time. But now I think it's only going to get worse somehow. I wish we had lost in the semis against the germans.

Oh well.
Nah it's going to be fine.
People were cheering in the streets all day long.
As much as GAF loves to be cynical and pessimist about everything, I've seen countless of great things in Paris this past month. People from all the countries celebrating together, displaying their colors or even cheering with the other team's fans after their team got eliminated. This Euro brought joy and hope to the whole country, and now our fellow Portuguese friends will be extatic, and we won't have to pretend being champions will make everything great again somehow.
Things will be fine.
They already have been marvelous for a whole month.

Maybe GAF didn't like the matches or the tournament, but this has been wonderful from the inside.

Ronaldo in Manager's box.

Ronaldo injured by Moth.

Portugal third in group stages.

0-0 again in 90 mins.

Eder scores possible winning goal.

Pepe about to win a Euro medal.

Greatest Euro ever.

I know Portugal probably won't stand a chance. But if they win I'll be eating popcorn while I read this thread lol

mpwcDep.gif

I love popcorn!! :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Portugal

What a boring shitfest of a match though

France was supposed to steamroll us but we didn't even need Ronaldo to win.
Congrats to these fantastic players, many of which are new to the NT, for winning this tournament by truly playing as a team.

Oersted

Ronaldo can't really use this to further his claim of being better than Messi since he missed pretty much all of the final ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ronaldo is the manager

He is fully responsible

Angel_DvA

I'm salty but congrats Portugal, you played like that all the tournament and we don't know how to beat 11 people on defense yet, see you on next tournament...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom