• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromeo

Serious question: why is everyone hating on Portugal? I don't keep up with football

Cant speak for people from other countries but they've been disliked in England for a long time. Partly because of Sol Campell's perfectly good goal being ruled out but mostly because of the diving

Shito

Portugal has a better chance beating France, than Germany. Portugal playing style will get dismantled against Germany
Agree with that.
But both Portugal and France played Iceland on this very tournament, and if we compare both teams scores well...

SkylineRKR

Portugal has a better chance beating France, than Germany. Portugal playing style will get dismantled against Germany

Germany aren't the team they were in Brazil, they miss Lahm and a true striker (Muller isn't playing a great campaign, Bastian isn't 100% too) but they can outplay Portugal like they usually do. In 2014 they absolutely obliterated them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Renato is a bull, he should do well in the bundesliga hopefully

mozfan12

Banned
Portugal are playing well, they've been good to watch today. Wales has no midfield without Ramsey, and they have been having problems retaining Renato and Nani on the wings.

caramac

vgTMroa.gif

hLihJJG.gif

hMwcm46.gif

HMAuSMA.gif

mVzzCJw.gif

Afrikan

dang it.. I take the chance at watching most of the game at work... then step away to get lunch and its 2-0.

can't believe I missed all that. :/

oh well, I'm calling in sick tomorrow. :D

Alucard

Banned
Serious question: why is everyone hating on Portugal? I don't keep up with football

Most feel Portugal hasn't played well enough to get this far. They didn't win a single game in the group stage and needed extra time and penalties to get through their first two elimination games. Simply put, they've underperformed and underwhelmed. Until the second half of this game, that is. Ronaldo also made some bitter comments after tying with Iceland, and he's acted like a man child when things haven't gone his way on the field.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks to see Wales going out, but Portugal has played really well. I particularly like Sanchez.

Shito

The fans that say we have been shit outselves and only make fun of the ridiculous salt? Thats unbearable?

You want us to keep quiet when you shit all over us for days for no reason? Man fuck off with that noise
For working all week long with a Portuguese who loves his football, there is one thing I've learnt: you guys take this shit way too seriously.
Relax. It's just a game. And you're making it into the final.
Enjoy it instead of seeking some kind of revenge or whatever. ^^

Spades

Feel sick. After everything we've achieved in this tournament, this has been a performance to forget. We should've been better.

Haunted

Iceland 1:1
Austria 0:0
Hungary 3:3
Croatia 1:0
Poland 1:1
Wales 2:0

I mean, it's not Portugal's fault, but this is probably the easiest road to a finals for a team since Germany 2002.

Sanches you selfish fool.

I mean, it's not Portugal's fault, but this is probably the easiest road to a finals for a team since Germany 2002.

But people kept saying Croatia and Poland are way better and would easily defeat them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Serious question. Is Portugal the only team without a striker?

Its ridiculous how bad we are at creating strikers in this country (doesnt help that out top teams always import strikers)

SkylineRKR

Holland 2010 was easy too, bar Brazil.

But this is the fault of EC with 24 nations. Past EC was ridiculously tough groups from the get go.

whoszed

Portugal-Germany would be such a shitty final for me. Could care less who wins. Please France, I beg you. G-Mann needs to rise and shine.

Shame for Wales but Portugal had the beat fair and square here. Just not deserving of the final. Be certainly rooting for France or Germany to beat them. Hopefully France.

Alucard

Banned

So they'll play their first legit powerhouse in the final. It'll be interesting.

Corto

Serious question. Is Portugal the only team without a striker?

Its ridiculous how bad we are at creating strikers in this country (doesnt help that out top teams always import strikers)

André Silva from Porto is a sure bet for national team striker position for the next years. Benfica's José Gomes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom