• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal has a better chance beating France, than Germany. Portugal playing style will get dismantled against Germany
Was curios for the last time that Portugal beat Germany in an important match (so no friendlies), so I looked it up. It was in the Euro 2000 group stage. So that's that. And Portugal's record against Germany is depressing overall. 18 matches against Germany since 1936,and they only won 3. I know there's a first time for everything, but... nah, not really. They'll get steamrolled, as always.

Noirulus

Most feel Portugal hasn't played well enough to get this far. They didn't win a single game in the group stage and needed extra time and penalties to get through their first two elimination games. Simply put, they've underperformed and underwhelmed. Until the second half of this game, that is. Ronaldo also made some bitter comments after tying with Iceland, and he's acted like a man child when things haven't gone his way on the field.

They've been getting better as the tournament has progressed, and that Hungary game is probably the game of the tournament so far. You're clearly nitpicking in order to downplay Portugal.

Haunted

Sanches you selfish fool.

But people kept saying Croatia and Poland are way better and would easily defeat them.
That's because Portugal's performances were so mediocre. To their credit, they managed to squeak by both of these middling teams by the narrowest of margins.

Again, not their fault, the draw's the draw, but I've rarely seen one side of the bracket so dominant and stacked compared to the other in a major tournament.

So they'll play their first legit powerhouse in the final. It'll be interesting.
True. They'll certainly be the underdog regardless whether it's Germany or France winning tomorrow, but major tournament finals have their own rules. The nerves, the occasion, anything can happen.

Tugatrix

hMwcm46.gif

mVzzCJw.gif

Pepe the new Eusebio confirmed, the luck towel

Addi

Platini was a joy to watch. He fucking destroyed us in 84. I was 8. It is payback time! France Portugal final.

That would make this the ultimate payback Euro:
Italy - Spain
Germany - Italy
France - Germany
Portugal - France

except for England of course...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ironically, Fernando Santos said he would only go home on the 11th of July before the tournament started.

I laughed at that statement :(

Alucard

Banned
They've been getting better as the tournament has progressed, and that Hungary game is probably the game of the tournament so far. You're clearly nitpicking in order to downplay Portugal.

I don't think it's nitpicking to think it's frustrating that a team with three ties in the group stage is going to the final. If any other team had done the same, and if another player from that team made shitty comments about an opponent like Iceland, you'd likely feel similarly.

Maxrunner

I don't think it's nitpicking to think it's frustrating that a team with three ties in the group stage is going to the final. If any other team had done the same, and if another player from that team made shitty comments about an opponent like Iceland, you'd likely feel similarly.
Italy has done it too, don't see anyone shifting them for their style of defense gaming too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why not take ronaldo off in case he gets a second yellow?

Alucard

Banned
Italy has done it too, don't see anyone shifting them for their style of defense gaming too

I've despised Italy's style of play since the early nineties, and wanted to vomit in 2006, but they were fun to watch this tournament. Plus, they got knocked out in the quarters.

Rhaknar

Bale doing his best Bruno Alves impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom