• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

euroGAF Resistance 2 clan

Lince

Banned
it was me :p
although these days Burnout is eating my soul I'll be playing tonight (Thursday) with you guys, I miss the coop/skirmish fun.

jorma

is now taking requests
Raist said:
Hmm yeah there was barely anyone online so I played a bit of Valkyria Chronicles. We'll see tonight :D

I will try to play tonight as well. Last night i followed some of Lince's advice (mostly regarding secondary fire) from the main thread, and made some tangible progress. Looking forward to see if that can raise my poor kill ratio in the long run :p

Lince

Banned
Darkangus said:
Where is the europe resistance front?

Still no answer to my request... =(

sorry we all moved to Killzone 2, I think Fersis is still playing though. I'm accepting your request right now anyway, enjoy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
sorry we all moved to Killzone 2, I think Fersis is still playing though. I'm accepting your request right now anyway, enjoy.
Yeah,tough im not the only gaffer playing R2.
Since im taking a break from KZ2 i will play R2 more often.

Darkangus

Thanks for the add... :D

I'll be playing for some weeks i guess because I want to get the online trophies (I know I LTTP).

I'm playing coop alot and I´m having alot of fun, but I can´t get anyone to help me to try the superhuman mode... :lol

After all is done I will get back to KZ2, but now i'm resisting ;P

PSN Id. NickLaslett
Timezone. Dubai GMT +3/4
Co-op only
Medic lvl 12
Official Bluetooth headset

Regular 3+ player co-op on Sunday mornings UK time. Co-op buddy Xeryus1984 (lvl 30 soldier) based in UK. There will be buddy chat, so if you find that annoying you will have to mute us. We are both aged 30+!

Working way through Bryce Canyon at present, will then move onto Holgar tower, trying unlock levels and collect all intel.

I will apply to join EuroGAF clan.

Lince

Banned
Nick Laslett said:
PSN Id. NickLaslett
Timezone. Dubai GMT +3/4
Co-op only
Medic lvl 12
Official Bluetooth headset

Regular 3+ player co-op on Sunday mornings UK time. Co-op buddy Xeryes1984 (lvl 30 soldier) based in UK. There will be buddy chat, so if you find that annoying you will have to mute us. We are both aged 30+!

Working way through Bryce Canyon at present, will then move onto Holgar tower, trying unlock levels and collect all intel.

I will apply to join EuroGAF clan.

let me know when you send the requests so I can log in and accept them, cheers.

Rolf NB

Played a bit with Fersis until he left without a word ... I assume his internet connection crapped out on him. It's late anyway, so I'll call it a night.

Superhuman co-op sure is hard, especially when people make the same newbie mistakes as in regular co-op.

I could play a bit more tomorrow, if anyone (FFO?) wants to farm a few more levels in co-op. I have a lvl 30 medic, lvl 19 soldier, lvl 16 spec ops.

Lince

Banned
I guess we can play some coop today, I'm level 30 with spec-ops/medic so I need to level up my poor lvl 4 soldier, FFO will join for sure. Let's meet at the GAFe chat room this afternoon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can i join you guys?
i played SuperHuman CoOp for the first time yesterday... its hard
:lol

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
Can i join you guys?
i played SuperHuman CoOp for the first time yesterday... its hard
:lol

we were a party of 4 GAFe heroes and couldn't beat Chicago in Superhuman, we did pretty well in Orick though, join us today.

Rolf NB

Thrakier said:
MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO MEDIC AMMO

etc.
Okay. The ultimate strategic recap for everyone (including the SH team we ended up with last night lol):
Form up, stick together: soldiers with shields in front, spec ops behind, always throwing ammo boxes whenever they can, medics as the last line, healing as necessary and preemptively if they see a big strike coming.
Stick together, and everything will work out.

Soldiers decide where to go and where to fight, the other classes follow behind them.

Now here's a fun fact for the "Medic! Medic! MEDIIIIICCC!!!" people:
Medics see your health.
Spec ops see your ammo status.
There are on-screen indicators for these things, just like the indicator for a dead team member that all classes see. Medics also see health bars above friendlies.

You never have to call for a medic. If you think you do, it's because you separated yourself from the group, or some other douchebag did, and the medic's struggling to keep up, running back and forth between the wings of what should have been one group. Stop doing that, and your health will always be taken care of immediately.

Ditto for spec ops. Except that there's a slightly modified reasoning. As a rule of thumb, 50% of all spec ops players don't really play the game. Ignore them. Let them die in their awesome far-away sniper spots where they pull off all manner of cool shit for themselves. As a medic, don't even bother healing or reviving them. It's a waste of resources, they'll just immediately do something stupid again. Calling for them to perform their duties will only cause you grief.

Optimal group composition is something like 3:2:2 soldiers:medics:spec ops, but I'll always recommend having a spare spec ops in case one goes faulty -- they frequently do.

Facism

Thrakier said:
Yeo, Coop in KZ2 is much better.

:D

L4D is a perfect example of Coop. It's necessary bcause of the gameplay mechanics and enemy types. R2 Coop is just 'go here >fight spammy horde >go there >fight spammy horde.'

That said i played it till i got my medic to 30.

Top Bottom