• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm all in for turkey in HoI 4...and probably get killed by USSR very fast.

Or Sweden for that matter, might officially join the axis instead of the shitty neutral status ;)

Arol

I;ve always lurked these threads and been semi-interested in joining.

Whats the rules on not being able to make sessions?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I;ve always lurked these threads and been semi-interested in joining.

Whats the rules on not being able to make sessions?

AI will play for you. If AI declares on a human player, the player can claim up to 50% warscore (iirc). It's not allowed to declare on AFK players before they've missed three consecutive sessions (I think you can declare on the third session, i dunno)

The rules are all in the fanboiabulous OP btw!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I noticed that Red Arremer was playing Scotland in DDRJake's multiplayer game. It's too bad he rebuffed DDRJake's offer to join the Balkan alliance. He was on the wrong side of history.

Kabouter

Red Arremer is now playing with DDRJake huh? Boy, next game should be fun then with his bizarrely low rating lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He got gangbanged in like one session. No amount of rating can top getting coalition blobbed from 3 sides by humans in the early game.

Kabouter

He got gangbanged in like one session. No amount of rating can top getting coalition blobbed from 3 sides by humans in the early game.

Yeah, how did he not beat human Timurids, human Tunisia and AI Ottomans at the same time? (He actually managed to peace out Ottomans for basically nothing, which should have earned him a high rating to begin with :p)

CloudWolf

Man, I played a crazy game as Bohemia. Randomly got a PU over France and later Russia and reformed the HRE. Also, Spain was formed by Aragon who don't pick exploration ideas nor get a colonist from national ideas. So I indirectly owned a lot of the New World (France, Russia, Holland and Flanders all get exploration) and some of it I owned directly after murdering England for the 'The Bohemians' achievement.

Some other weird stuff aside Aragon forming Spain: Great Britain never formed. Early in the game Scotland wrecked England and they never recovered. Sweden got it's independence and almost immediately ended up in a PU under Muscovy, which held on, so early on Russia owned half of Scandinavia already.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just talked to Robo who made me aware of the stuff going on here. Doesnt seem like the enthusiasm is too high, and I am also not that ready to learn a ton of new mechanics once again - espeically considering they will all be changed again in a few months time. However, it would still be fun to do some multiplayer, so my suggestion is that we maybe try some other strategy-games, and then return to EU4 in a few months. Anybody up for that?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
updated the spreadsheet with average player ratings since I'm such a swell guy!

quote to find link

Kabouter

Didn't the old system work reasonably well?

There was some talk earlier about people not knowing what to rate most nations, and only experienced players choosing. Don't think we landed on any real solution. But I think we could say that anyone with an average rating over 4 also rates countries, and the rest does not? And then of course lock country ratings before anyone picks their country.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I see someone is an admirer of the political philosophy of Plato...

image.php

8422189_f260.jpg

sure! get to work:

Jazz 4,92
MGO 4,61
Crab 4,31
Kabouter 4,3
Fitz 4,3

Mgoblue201

Apart from a few countries, there isn't even all that much variance between the ratings, so I'm not sure restricting them to only the top players would improve upon the situation. I know no more about playing, say, Novgorod than anyone else. And the game changes so rapidly that it renders some of my old knowledge obsolete (for instance, I rated the Timurids based upon the mistaken assumption that you still needed 90 legitimacy to reform the government).

fanboi

Banned
Apart from a few countries, there isn't even all that much variance between the ratings, so I'm not sure restricting them to only the top players would improve upon the situation. I know no more about playing, say, Novgorod than anyone else. And the game changes so rapidly that it renders some of my old knowledge obsolete (for instance, I rated the Timurids based upon the mistaken assumption that you still needed 90 legitimacy to reform the government).

Well you somewhat prove his point since you based on something actually in the game, I based them by putting a finger up my asshole and read the poo that followed

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well you somewhat prove his point since you based on something actually in the game, I based them by putting a finger up my asshole and read the poo that followed

So did I, but my poo is surprisingly well educated. What are they putting in Danish meals these days?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So did I, but my poo is surprisingly well educated. What are they putting in Danish meals these days?

Your poo went to Oxford, no surprises there

Fitz

Back home now, if you guys decide to drag yourselves away from faeces comparisons long enough to have a game of something or other, I'm officially down for it.

That's right, Oxford's a complete dump.

You can say that again.

edit: All seen the newest EU dev diary? Bunch of QoL changes relating to regions and nation name format on the world map, finally bringing back the old style "British India" naming, amongst other things. Was pissed that they removed this in the first place, so glad it's back.

FACE

Banned
Back home now, if you guys decide to drag yourselves away from faeces comparisons long enough to have a game of something or other, I'm officially down for it.

You can say that again.

edit: All seen the newest EU dev diary? Bunch of QoL changes relating to regions and nation name format on the world map, finally bringing back the old style "British India" naming, amongst other things. Was pissed that they removed this in the first place, so glad it's back.

Don't worry, guys. I'll still manage to pick the wrong country when/if we play.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is the first MP thread in quite a while without a poll

Kab is slipping

Mgoblue201

It should work better than the EU3 model at least.

CloudWolf

I'm playing a tall Genoa game right now, pretty succesfully. Genoa's new position position in the trade network causes it to make mad money, even without Trade Ideas.

I'm kinda afraid of France though. Becausemy game has involved weakining Castille and Ottomans and Austria was friendly to France, they have expanded like crazy and my wish to stay tall has led to serious manpower problems. If they decided that they want my land they would ruin me.

Fun fact: I killed the Ottomans by just taking Constantinople and Edirne, which caused their empire to be split in two. As long as I don't give access to them or their enemies, they have no way of either getting to Europe or Anatolia, depening on which side they build their armies.

Actually excited to blob out when it goes live.

Mgoblue201

By the way, I've been thinking a lot about what's the hardest starting nation for forming a Zoroastrian Persia: Tabarestan or Timurids. Tabarestan is obviously the weaker nation, but there's a good chance that the Timurids will fall apart quickly (and if not, you can always just declare war on them and destroy them); if you form Persia fast enough, then you can take all those cores from the Timurids. Plus you don't have to go through the ridiculous process of reforming your government, so you can take religious ideas with your first idea group. The Timurids, on the other hand, are handicapped by that ridiculous 50% rule on ideas. Because they can't take two adm ideas in a row, you either have to delay reforming your government for decades (not a good idea) or delay religious ideas, which are mandatory if you want to convert just about anything to Zoroastrian. Plus you have to spend even more adm points culture converting to Persian. Under those circumstances, I'd almost prefer to start as Tabarestan. The only problem with the Tabarestan start is that the Timurids might convert Yazd before you can take it. I don't expect anyone will have any experience with this, but I thought it was an interesting question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom