• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been able to participate in a multiplayer game for ages. Has there ever been talk of smaller, separate games for people not in Europe?
racist

are we doing this thing or not? shouldn't we at least get going on selecting countries etc?

Kabouter

You better fucking do it now.

Fine :{

Some major changes on my end so far:
- Bumped Teutonic Order up a bunch because they can quite easily join the HRE and have high starting development, it's also usually possible to get sufficient allies to hold off Polish AI early on.
- Bumped Morocco down a bunch because they lost access to an end node, with Sevilla now feeding Genoa
- Bumped Genoa up a bunch for now having an important Centre of Trade in an end node
- Aragon a bit higher for also being in an end node now
- Bumped Hansa down a bit for losing a big chunk of its development and important Centres of Trade giving lesser modifiers than before
- Upped the rating for Saxony due to them now starting with Thuringia integrated and having essentially the same development as Brandenburg, also being an elector, and also being able to form Prussia (and get the Prussian ideas BB starts with)
- Palatinate down a bit for having pretty shit development now relatively speaking, and being split up geographically does them no favours either.
- Hesse down a bit for having really garbage development

That was pretty much all that jumped out at me in terms of stuff that was a bit off in my ratings. Oh, and I propose as far as an added rule for next game:
- Nobody plays Poland or Ottomans. On a scale of 0-5, they're about a 7.5 in the current version.

Edit:
Oh, someone check whether all nations in the current version that should be in the sheet are represented?

Fitz

That was pretty much all that jumped out at me in terms of stuff that was a bit off in my ratings. Oh, and I propose as far as an added rule for next game:
- Nobody plays Poland or Ottomans. On a scale of 0-5, they're about a 7.5 in the current version.

Completely agree, with our (imo) restrictive selection system, it doesn't make sense to allow either of those to be picked, way too strong.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Likewise.

I haven't been able to participate in a multiplayer game for ages. Has there ever been talk of smaller, separate games for people not in Europe?
I think one other US player expressed interest in it, but it would be difficult for me to make two different games at the same time. Nevertheless, if there was interest in it I might do it, especially if it's a small non-competitive game.

Kabouter

Yeah, we should probably hurry up and finish the whole country rating thing :+. I think only Jazz hasn't gone through all that.

Fitz

Jazz won't be joining this session, he's got a new job and doesn't have the time right now. So we're probably good to proceed.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Either FACE or RedArremer is the first to pick, depending on who's still playing. By the way, it won't be my fault if RedArremer destroys everyone with the Mughals or Burgundy. I gave him a decent rating.

Kabouter

Either FACE or RedArremer is the first to pick, depending on who's still playing. By the way, it won't be my fault if RedArremer destroys everyone with the Mughals or Burgundy. I gave him a decent rating.

Yeah, someone who was fighting Tunis + Timurids + lucky AI Ottomans at the same time as the Mamluks, and still managed to beat the Ottomans out of that war is not someone who should be picking great powers hahah. Lord knows I wouldn't have been able to do that.

CloudWolf

Isn''t it kind of harder to play as Burgundy these days since they have tons of PU's now who destroy their diplo points and take long to integrate?

Uzzy

Isn''t it kind of harder to play as Burgundy these days since they have tons of PU's now who destroy their diplo points and take long to integrate?

Surely that just means they have a lot of subjects who field their own troops in good numbers, can be fed provinces and will eventually get inherited?

Kabouter

Surely that just means they have a lot of subjects who field their own troops in good numbers, can be fed provinces and will eventually get inherited?

Well, it means both really :p
I don't think Burgundy has gotten harder anyway, just different.

CloudWolf

True, but you have to play far more carefully as Burhgundy than you used to. Losing a war? You can potentially lose your subjects. Giving them too much land? Liberty desire goes crazy.

Kabouter

True, but you have to play far more carefully as Burhgundy than you used to. Losing a war? You can potentially lose your subjects. Giving them too much land? Liberty desire goes crazy.

They're PU's though, so they don't get cumulative liberty desire from relative power. That's a big advantage.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
They're PU's though, so they don't get cumulative liberty desire from relative power. That's a big advantage.

I wish that had been the case when I got Fanboi as a PU :(

CloudWolf

I love that they did that. It made me incredibly strong in my Bohemia game where I PUd both France and a huge Russia. Both by being extremely lucky.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I dont really know if I can commit, but I will probably at least start the session. Ive crashed out pretty fast the last few games anyways, so might as well try it out again. Will be interesting, I dont even own the last few expansions :)

I'd still be in though I'm not sure I can commit fully, either. Worst comes to worst I'll drop out.
Anyone have a link to the country list again?

Uzzy

abuLWJ9.jpg

Not seen a 0/0/7 King before. Pretty cool.

fanboi

Banned
I will have problems managing and coordinate this session since I am renovating my house and starting a brewery at the same time which gives me very little time over (but I will play ofc! :)).

So who picks first?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I will be able to participate in this one either. Have fun y'all.

I am mildly amused by the fact that KingSnake and I literally swapped places in terms of region (I was Middle East, he was Western Europe, now the tables have turned).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I am mildly amused by the fact that KingSnake and I literally swapped places in terms of region (I was Middle East, he was Western Europe, now the tables have turned).

I played all of my MP games in Europe, time to try some Asian goodies. I hope you don't follow my steps in Burgundu though. :))

As a first hint, don't ever ally Fanboi unless you're prepared to stab him in the back before he stabs you.

We shall see. It all depends on what he'll pick. :p I'd also be more concerned about Toma, myself, but he had opted out, so.

This thread also lacks a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom