• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Meanwhile on Steam, the debate of the centuary is happening:

fanboi: like
fanboi: we call car
fanboi: bil
fanboi: both are wrong then
Bernd: Different
fanboi: should be automobile
fanboi: no it isnt
Bernd: This isn't a lingual thing
fanboi: It is!
Bernd: You looked at our country
Bernd: And decided to call it after a region of it
Bernd: Which is wrong
Bernd: (Although, technically, given the wikipedia page, clearly Sweden has since corrected this officially)
fanboi: We call it Holland
Bernd: Holland has only ever been accurate between 1806 and 1810, any time before then it has either referred to the province or provinces (like now) or to the preceding County of Holland, which was an independent nation that didn't include most of the rest.
Bernd är nu Offline.
fanboi: due to your naval and economical strength in the 1600 hundreds
Bernd är nu Online.
fanboi: due to your naval and economical strength in the 1600 hundreds
Bernd: So?
fanboi: just saying
fanboi: Holland it is!
Bernd: In the 1600s we were the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands
Bernd: Not Holland.
fanboi: You are Holland now
Bernd: No we aren't
Bernd: We are the Netherlands now
fanboi: H
fanboi: o
fanboi: l
fanboi: l
fanboi: a
Bernd: Or the Kingdom of the Netherlands if you want to include the Caribbean possessions
fanboi: n
fanboi: d
fanboi: No, I will happy with just Holland
fanboi: :D
Bernd: Lots of people are happy being wrong
Bernd: Look at all the people who believe the earth is 6000 years old
Bernd: Doesn't make it any less wrong

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like Uppland. What is Sweden anyway? Uppland makes sense. It's the land above the other stuff.

The other names make sense too, like Gothland, West Gothland, and East Gothland. That's sensible that is.

Haly

Holland is a region and former province on the western coast of the Netherlands. The name Holland is also frequently used to informally refer to the whole of the country of the Netherlands. This usage is commonly accepted, especially outside of the Netherlands, but some individuals, particularly from the other parts of the Netherlands, dislike the use of "Holland" as a substitute for "the Netherlands",[2] or even find it insulting.[3]
Well, now we know who wrote the intro paragraph to Holland on Wikipedia.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys, we are mocking Holland, not Sweden.

What is that sweden you speak of?
In fact I vote your tag to be repurposed to "Citizen of Uppland" to avoid any future confusion.

Haly

Seconded.

Maybe "Proud Citizen of Uppsala" to really show off his patriotism.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Seconded.

Maybe "Proud Citizen of Uppsala" to really show off his patriotism.

Funfact, Uppsala in german would translate roughly to this in english:
"Oopsy daisy!"

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's also the oldest University in Scandinavia (I think?).

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Very fitting tag, great work! I never understood the background for that old one anyways :)

Haly

Don't drag Holland into this. This is all about your oopsie daisy.

CloudWolf

Is it just me or is the Oopsy Daisy is Not Overpowered! achievement really hard to get? I made the early "mistake" of allying Poland and as soon as I took Memel and Ostpreussen, they became hostile.

Now I'm facing a Poland-Lithuania that has allied Brandenburg and France and as of 1.8 all three of them are lucky nations that get god-generals. I'm fucked >_>

Kabouter

Is it just me or is the Oopsy Daisy is Not Overpowered! achievement really hard to get? I made the early "mistake" of allying Poland and as soon as I took Memel and Ostpreussen, they became hostile.

Now I'm facing a Poland-Lithuania that has allied Brandenburg and France and as of 1.8 all three of them are lucky nations that get god-generals. I'm fucked >_>

Might be harder than before now, yeah. I didn't struggle so much with the achievement that I can recall when I got it.

I lucked into a union with France though :D

Toma

It took me quite a few tries and was rather challenging. The most difficult part was being quicker than muscovy with novgorod. The rest sort of fell into place afterwards within 150 years or so. Oopsy Daisy was super fun to play though.

FACE

Banned
Here in Brazil most people incorrectly refer to the Netherlands(Reino dos Países Baixos in portuguese) as Holland(Holanda in portuguese), maybe I'm surrounded by fanbois.

bjaelke

Looks like I already have to throw in the towel tonight. Starting a new job tomorrow morning and have to get up at 4:00. Ironically it's in Hamburg. Shame, as I really wanted to participate in some player wars.

Valhelm

contribute something
Here in Brazil most people incorrectly refer to the Netherlands(Reino dos Países Baixos in portuguese) as Holland(Holanda in portuguese), maybe I'm surrounded by fanbois.

Most Americans think Holland and the Netherlands are synonymous.

Fitz

Looks like I already have to throw in the towel tonight. Starting a new job tomorrow morning and have to get up at 4:00. Ironically it's in Hamburg. Shame, as I really wanted to participate in some player wars.

Always a shame to lose a player, good luck with the new job though!

Haly

Too bad, now Brandenburg will take over northern HRE unimpeded.

Good luck with the job!

Haly

Seems like fanboi just had...

...an oopsie daisy.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Uzzy

A slow evening for Venice, where I mostly spent my time slowly bringing down my war exhaustion, and almost getting drawn into what would have turned into a suicidal war against the Ottomans. So I'm kinda glad I got interrupted before I sent my fleets in. That said, I did get an event giving me claims on the Greek territories, as well as a nice event that gave me a -10% cost to technology due to Byzantine refugees. So I think I'll be fighting the Ottomans at some point.

I'm currently carpet sieging Serbia to get Dalmatia back, which is fun. Then I have to consider taking Ragusa back, either as a vassal or just conquering them.

fanboi

Banned
Yeah, so just when I was peacing out with England I disconnected.

But it seems AI did a fine Peace deal, essentially removing England as Power.

I also joined a war and recieved -5 stab hit yay.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR:

Fuck the Ottomans
Fuck the Golden Horde
Fuck lucky nations
Fuck lag
Fuck the europeans for not intervening on the peaceful side

Fuck this game

Edit: But thanks to my loyal ally for helping me almost win!

fanboi

Banned
Map:
Rssj5Xe.gif

CloudWolf

Oopsie Daisy - AAR

The destruction of Denmark is complete, way earlier than expected. When we last left Oopsie Daisy, he and his former human ally The Hansa were sieging down Denmark. At the end of that war I took four provinces from the Danes (Blekinge, Fyn, Lolland and Midjylland).

Less than a month after that my ally The Hansa decided to annex Bremen, who was, of course, allied with Denmark who for some absurd reason decided to come to the rescue of the poor OPM even though they had no fleet, no army and one of their provinces (Holstein) was plagued by rebels. Of course I joined in on The Hansa's side and, in a seperate peace, reduced Denmark to an OPM (Holstein was ceded to The Hansa by the rebels).

At the end of this session, I went to war with Norway, who was of course also allied with Denmark who again came to help his ally, even though they only had 3K units and their only province was surrounded by my men. The AI is a brave fucker, isn't he? A few months later Denmark was no more, completing my first goal this game.

Other stuff I did this session:

- Joined Scotland in a war against England and Austria, won with ease.
- Decided not to take the province I had a claim on from Norway and humiliated them, giving me a staggering 30 Power Projection and a bunch of awesome buffs.

And of course this AAR wouldn't be complete without some Swedish pop, so here's a classic Cardigans song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUIElvJRyNU

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The only good thing that occurred during this session is that I won the war against the Timurids and cut off their entire coastline. But I wasn't prepared for the Ottomans attacking Morfeo and that war was a huge cluster fuck. I couldn't coordinate a strategy with Morfeo very well, our vassals cost us a lot of war score, and on top of that I lost three stability due to random events.

Haly

Are you Kabouter?
First to tap out of the MP game after defeat from AI or due to PvP

Claiming this award.

Hessen Punitive War
Bavaria vs Wurttenburg, Thuringen, Hesse, Burgundy (u wot)
Released Wurzburg and Ansbach

Salzburg Conquest of Niederbayern
Bavaria vs Salzburg, Bohemia
Gave up Niederbayern.

Bavarian Conquest of Ulm
Bavaria vs Ulm
Surrendered after army was destroyed by other wars.

Augsburg Conquest of Memmingen
Bavaria vs Augsburg, Baden
Pyrrhic victory because I took 15 loans to build units.

After this series of disastrous wars, the humbled Wittelsbach family is about to take an indefinitely long vacation in beautiful South America.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Haly :( gg

I do have some hot tips from my experience playing Bavaria, but it does involve ze zucking of French/Burgundian cock

I think you're basically screwed playing minor HREs without an alliance with either Austria or France tbh

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR

04/08/1468 - ?

Summary:

I wanted a slow session to recover after the intense and bloody battles against Muscovy which went on during the entire last session. I pretty much got what I needed, despite being put on the spot by a slightly stressed-out Egyptian who really, really, really wanted me to go blindly and unprepared against the Hordes, Crimea and the Ottomans five seconds after I arrived (Sorry about being late, was away for the week-end and had just gotten home). Instead I waited a while, and then decided to move against Hungary who was allied with Milan and Tuscany. Austria wanted to help out and was nicely placed right in the middle between Hungary and its Italian allies. So that war mostly fought itself. Now the free people of Transylvania has even more space to be free and merry in. As a token of my appreciation I gave Austria Pozsony and grabbed Szepes for myself to set us up as neighbors. That apparently made the Habsburgs quite happy, as they're now sending western weapons across our new border!

Provinces gained: Szepes.
Provinces gained for Transylvania: Hunyad, Bekes, Temes.
Provinecs gained for Austria: Pozsony.
Provinces sold: Rzeh, Kaluga, (Tulan).

Kabouter

How far into the war are we? Did it just started before the session end or it's already going for long time? Any big battles already done or any regions conquered?

It started like 5-10 minutes before the end of the session, I don't know how many battles there have been or if anything has been occupied, but going by what my friend said, not much has happened so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom