• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The good news is that I successfully reformed my government, but now I'm stuck in a ten year regency with nothing to do. I miss the horde government already.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chimu AAR
22/07/1491 - ???

There are despots and dictators
Political manipulators
There are blue bloods with intellects of fleas
There are kings and petty tyrants
Who are so lacking in refinements
They'd be better suited swinging from the trees

He was born and raised to rule
No one has ever been this cool
In a thousand years of aristocracy
An enigma and a mystery
In Meso American History
The quintessence of perfection that is he

He's the sovereign lord of the nation
He's the hippest dude in creation
He's a hep cat in the emperor's new clothes
Years of such selective breeding
Generations have been leading
To this miracle of life that we all know

What's his name?
Kuzco, Kuzco, Kuzco...

CloudWolf

Sweden AAR

Ups and downs. Helped fanboi take over more of England by blockading and killing a fleet that was transporting 3 units. During that war I declared on poor ally-less Norway and took a ton of provinces from them and vassalized what was left. Then I made a mistake by thinking I could attack The Hansa while Brandenburg was beating on them. I didn't really think about the fact that Austria would join and that they have a shitload of allies.

So instead of a short and easy war where I would've taken Schleswig and (maybe) Holstein, I got beaten into a pulp by Austria, Castille, Bohemia, The Hansa and their combined fleet. Lucky for me The Hansa decided they didn't want much from me and were okay with war reparations, annuling my alliance with the Scots for 10 years and releasing Finland (which consisted of just two provinces, because I culture converted a few of their provinces last game). So I accepted the peace and vassalized Finland. I will integrate them again next game and then it's like nothing happened.

Uzzy

Alright, another successful session for the Dogg of New Ferrara.

So I started in a war with the Ottomans. Which went surprisingly well, even if I didn't gain any territory. My navy was very effective against the Ottomans, and managed to blockade quite a few Greek and Turkish provinces, bottling up the Ottoman navy in the Crimean Sea. My marine corps captured a few provinces, thanks to my siege 4 general, but Genoa peaced out before I could get to 10% warscore. A shame. But hopeful for the future.

After I annexed Ragusa, I then went to war with Hungary, and took three provinces in the peace deal. It was at this point that Austria decided that they suddenly hated me, breaking the alliance we had and going from +140 relations to -91 overnight. Darn mission giving them claims on two of my provinces, grrh. A tense few months passed as I desperately tried to gain an alliance with France, finger hovering over the 'offer alliance' button the moment I got the green tick on it. Thankfully I managed to secure that alliance, or else I think I'd have been in a bit of trouble.

Finally, I finished the night with a quick war against Crete, after getting the conquer Cyprus mission, and took all three of their provinces without any fuss. They should prove a good base for any future wars with the Ottomans.

Provinces Gained: Lika, Zagreb, Donji Kraji, Ragusa (annexed), Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus
Provinces Lost: Nil!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR

22/07/1491 - 24/05/1507

Not much happened. Integrated TO, conquered Wallachia, fed five Hungarian provinces into Transylvania. Watched Transylvanian Catholic Zealots convert the country from Orthodox to Catholicism which was nice, but unfortunately they also released Kiev which now has to be dealt with.

Basically just waiting to be eaten alive by Jazz.

Fitz

Basically just waiting to be eaten alive by Jazz.
Something something partition.
1920px-Allegory_of_the_1st_partition_of_Poland_crop.jpg

CloudWolf

So, I noticed that the reformation started in this session. Has anyone had any experience with the new religious leagues mechanic that was added in Art of War?
Yes, it is awesome. You basically have one side of Europe vs. the other. It's not limited to the HRE or even the Catholic, Protestant and Reformed faiths, as in my game the Ottomans and the Golden Horde joined the Protestants as soon as their rivals Poland-Lithuania and Austria joined the Catholic side.

fanboi

Banned
Scotland AAR

22/07/1491 - 24/05/1507

Started with a war against England which I tought I would win easily... but to my horror they won the initial super battle that happened... forcing me to take 10 loans and build a shitload of merc (while making my ruler a general). This made their army break and I could hunt them down and wipe them. Took all except three provinces.

Rest went smooth, diplo annexed Cornwall, moved my trade capital into the English node which, I assume, caused some income drop for Burgundy since he had staggering 50% trade power, now I have 30 and KingSnake have 30.

Oh and I started my first colony in Greenland and reformed to protestant!

fanboi

Banned
Some intresting bits:

• Strong AI:s still present, Castille and France hasn't really been touched
  • Novgorod = Russia aka super strong...
  • Austria still a strong AI as well
  • Bradenburg... great play so far really good
  • Quara Quara impressive, raking in the money with those Persian provinces. Also great expansion possibility
  • The Mamaluks ;(
  • Bernd hasn't tapped out yet! Impressive.
  • Marocco in a very good position, with superb expansion possibilities

Haly

So who's going colonial? Cause I need to westernize off of someone. This here shit ain't gonna westernize itself.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Some intresting bits:

• Strong AI:s still present, Castille and France hasn't really been touched
  • Austria still a strong AI as well
  • Bradenburg... great play so far really good

Yup. The Ottomans are still a formidable force as well, cf. what happened to the Mamluks this session.

With the wonderful play Jazz is showing, Brandenburg is going to eat up the entire HRE pretty soon. Haly and Bjaelke tapping out, leaving Jazz as the only human HRE player, really disturbed the balance in Central Europe. Austria is still strong as fuck, and BB have already annexed/vassalized more or less the entire northern HRE. It's so hard to attack the HRE while the emperor is strong as an outsider, as Sweden have noticed a couple of times now :p Well, it should only be a matter of time before Brandenburg have vassalized enough HRE minors to be elected emperor anyway, at which point it's time to abandon ship for everyone within reach.

Shaking my head so hard @KingSnake, who's actively helping out to make NAZI GERMANY V.2.0 happen, but I guess he'll learn the hard way soon enough. :p For Germany, Burgundy is just a gas station on the way to Paris.

fanboi

Banned
Yup. The Ottomans are still a formidable force as well, cf. what happened to the Mamluks this session.

With the wonderful play Jazz is showing, Brandenburg is going to eat up the entire HRE pretty soon. Haly and Bjaelke tapping out, leaving Jazz as the only human HRE player, really disturbed the balance in Central Europe. Austria is still strong as fuck, and BB have already annexed/vassalized more or less the entire northern HRE. It's so hard to attack the HRE while the emperor is strong as an outsider, as Sweden have noticed a couple of times now :p Well, it should only be a matter of time before Brandenburg have vassalized enough HRE minors to be elected emperor anyway, at which point it's time to abandon ship for everyone within reach.

Shaking my head so hard @KingSnake, who's actively helping out to make NAZI GERMANY V.2.0 happen, but I guess he'll learn the hard way soon enough. :p For Germany, Burgundy is just a gas station on the way to Paris.

Ottomans is really strong, yes... but it is so negated by the presence of MGO it isn't even funny.

CloudWolf

So who's going colonial? Cause I need to westernize off of someone. This here shit ain't gonna westernize itself.

I'm trying to colonize as well, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to pull it off before fanboi occopies all available coast. I'm pretty far behind on diplo tech and still need to take Exploration (though that will happen next session).

Kabouter

Oh, just to be clear for everyone, Morfeo dropped out after being told of what is happening to the Mamluks. So Mamluk lands are up for grabs Fitz/Mgo/Gamma. Player list in the OP should be up to date, although I'm not sure if freakzilla has dropped out or not.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Scotland AAR

22/07/1491 - 24/05/1507

Started with a war against England which I tought I would win easily... but to my horror they won the initial super battle that happened... forcing me to take 10 loans and build a shitload of merc (while making my ruler a general). This made their army break and I could hunt them down and wipe them. Took all except three provinces.

Rest went smooth, diplo annexed Cornwall, moved my trade capital into the English node which, I assume, caused some income drop for Burgundy since he had staggering 50% trade power, now I have 30 and KingSnake have 30.

Oh and I started my first colony in Greenland and reformed to protestant!

I'm not sure, but if the autonomy effects the trade power, then my guess is that this change happened because I got a damn event (that never happened in any of my SP plays) that forced me to give 100% autonomy in all the Lower Countries provinces. It fucked up my income, man power and maybe also trade power.

fanboi

Banned
I'm not sure, but if the autonomy effects the trade power, then my guess is that this change happened because I got a damn event (that never happened in any of my SP players) that forced me to give 100% autonomy in all the Lower Countries provinces. It fucked up my income, man power and maybe also trade power.

Oh, have no idea if it affects or not... just noticed that I rake in cash and feels quite good :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, just to be clear for everyone, Morfeo dropped out after being told of what is happening to the Mamluks. So Mamluk lands are up for grabs Fitz/Mgo. Player list in the OP should be up to date, although I'm not sure if freakzilla has dropped out or not.

Freakzilla hasn't been here for ages and Portugal is more or less eliminated now, so I guess it's safe to say he's out?

with Morfeo leaving, there are now more Hollanders than Norwegians left in the game, which is DISTURBING

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I got this lovely event at the end of last session btw

I'm now setting up a crowd-funding page for my Embassy

PLS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give money

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd need to actually be a merchant republic first, rather than a despotic monarchy.

You have your ways, you are probably richer than a merchant republic and tell no one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

haha, touché, but it was a joke.
did you notice that I actually did enter and fought in the war against Ottomans? :)

I'll remember that when Austria declares on you though :p

I'd need to actually be a merchant republic first, rather than a despotic monarchy.

If only I was a despotic monarchy. Fucking Sejm is a pain in the ANUS. Which probably means I'm fucking them the wrong way.

Uzzy

haha, touché, but it was a joke.
did you notice that I actually did enter and fought in the war against Ottomans? :)

I'll remember that when Austria declares on you though :p

I just had to post that gif.

And yes, I did notice that! It's a shame that Genoa peaced out before we got a chance to make our numerical superiority count and start carpet sieging the Otto's Balkan provinces. The Ottomans only had one 20+ stack moving around, with another 24 stack trapped on Corfu.

Kabouter

You have your ways, you are probably richer than a merchant republic and tell no one.

I wish :/, I rank really low in income (and everything else, basically) according to that screen you get when you quit to menu instead of quit to desktop.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Yeah I am dropping out, doesnt really have the motivation to continue now with how the last few sessions have went. Feel bad for MGO, he spent a ton of recources on helping me last sunday - hopefully the possibility to conquer some of that mameluk territory helps you out - and remember I owe you one for that.

Good luck to everybody, have fun, and remember this when its ranking time! :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah I am dropping out, doesnt really have the motivation to continue now with how the last few sessions have went. Feel bad for MGO, he spent a ton of recources on helping me last sunday - hopefully the possibility to conquer some of that mameluk territory helps you out - and remember I owe you one for that.

Good luck to everybody, have fun, and remember this when its ranking time! :)

10/10, will crush again.

Uzzy

The moment, the very moment the game starts up again, and I click on one of my armies.. EU4 crashed. Yay. I honestly sat there and laughed.

CloudWolf

Sweden / Scandinavia - AAR

Due to the many connectivity issues I couldn't do much, but what I did wasn't great. First the good stuff: I finally integrated Norway and formed Scandinavia as soon as I could (my adm points had been maxed out for a while, so I'm probably the first of us to actually get to adm tech 10, feels good). That's it for positive stuff.

The bad stuff: I turned Protestant, which caused a bunch of rebellions and since 1.8/Art of War those are pretty strong, so my troops and manpower got destroyed in the Norwegian mountains. I ended up hiring a bunch of mercs, so my money got drained pretty badly, too. Awesome. Then when I formed Scandinavia all rebels suddenly decided that they didn't care anymore and my country was rebel-free. I'm not kidding, none of my provinces even have unrest. So all those loans and all my manpower drained for fuck all, if I had just waited a few years the rebels would've sorted themselves out. Aaaargh.

Also, I ditched Diplomatic ideas (costing me one diplomatic relation and diplomat to take Exploration, because I didn't want to wait anymore. When I finally found America though, it turned out that my colonial range is far too low to actually do something. Great. At least I can colonize some stuff when I upgrade my dip tech, I hope.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I hate the tropical province modifier, I also hate stupidly strong natives. That is all.
If this was single player, I'd recommend ignoring the Pacific in favor of colonizing the Americas, so that when the Europeans arrive you can steal their colonies just before they finish. That saves a lot of time and effort. But that might be difficult in multiplayer if other players are colonizing instead. (Unless you mean that you're going around Africa instead)

Anyway, I'm about halfway through my regency council, but I got around that annoying restriction by enforcing peace against Nogai and the Timurids. I don't trust the AI to actually give me anything in the peace deal, so I made a separate peace and conquered Yazd before the Uzbeks could end the war. However, this was probably unnecessary, because toma joined immediately after and we could have allied and fought Nogai in the same war. Also, Gamma helped me quite a lot by starting a war against Baluchistan for me.

Kabouter

If this was single player, I'd recommend ignoring the Pacific in favor of colonizing the Americas, so that when the Europeans arrive you can steal their colonies just before they finish. That saves a lot of time and effort. But that might be difficult in multiplayer if other players are colonizing instead. (Unless you mean that you're going around Africa instead)

Anyway, I'm about halfway through my regency council, but I got around that annoying restriction by enforcing peace against Nogai and the Timurids. I don't trust the AI to actually give me anything in the peace deal, so I made a separate peace and conquered Yazd before the Uzbeks could end the war. However, this was probably unnecessary, because toma joined immediately after and we could have allied and fought Nogai in the same war. Also, Gamma helped me quite a lot by starting a war against Baluchistan for me.

I'm mainly referring to colonizing Indonesia, which I need to do to form Malaya anyway. It's all tropical (duh), and natives are aggressive as hell. However, the natives are also so numerous that it would be an incredible waste in the long run to kill them. I have no intention of going to the Americas or Pacific, I'd be too worried about entering into competition with players far stronger than me. I already have to deal with the fact that you're closing on me incredibly quickly and will probably swat me like a fly once you arrive in S-E Asia :p.

Haly

Don't you worry Kab, I'll come to you.

I'LL COME TO YOU.

fanboi

Banned
Scotland AAR:

Nothing important happened this session.

DoW on England for the last time, will vassalise them when I am done with them, waiting for France to siege up rest of Austria so I can demand something from them as well.

Oh and I embargoed Burgundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom