• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudWolf

Scandinavia never actively participated in the mainland fights
I did actually participate in the land battles, but yeah... there's a good reason why I wasn't more active in the war. Last game my manpower was constantly at 250, taking a more active role probably meant me losing all my troops.

fanboi

Banned
I can confirm that my gfs panties was of for a short period of time due to unforseen circumstances.

And Crab, go get the crabs... I heard they have alot of it in Holland.

I even announced that I would help them IF he joined! How is that backstabbing

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I even announced that I would help them IF he joined! How is that backstabbing

Didn't we have an agreement that because I helped you with England you will stay out of my French business? Not only that you broke that, but you actively tried to bring them upon me when I was exposed. You're right, that's not backstabbing, it's backstabbing while asking me if I would enjoy it.

FACE

Banned
DUp1o.gif

fanboi

Banned
Didn't we have an agreement that because I helped you with England you will stay out of my French business? Not only that you broke that, but you actively tried to bring them upon me when I was exposed. You're right, that's not backstabbing, it's backstabbing while asking me if I would enjoy it.

And I did stay out of your French business. All I did was pressuring you into not joining the war since it conflcted with my intrests.

I even said that I wouldn't take anything if it would happened that France occupied provinces etc (not even gold etc etc).

And now I will even call in France again and give you many provinces! See I am a good guy!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Having a coalition against really does wonders to one's good will. :p
If we take the last save and we don't go back to an earlier save, France is already in the war.

Valhelm

contribute something
Valhelm was not an ally. I gave him the offer to be one, but he was never there. If he had helped me with Castile, I genuinely never would have touched him for the rest of the game.

What the fuck? We made a deal through PM before the game that we would never hurt each other. You never asked for help with Castille, and ended inheriting through a personal union before we could plan our big two-sided assault.

Kabouter

What the fuck? We made a deal through PM before the game that we would never hurt each other. You never asked for help with Castille, and ended inheriting through a personal union before we could plan our big two-sided assault.

Well, when I played that session for you as Portugal when you couldn't make it I did participate in a two-sided assault on Castile and was instrumental (together with Toma) in beating Castile. So I don't really know what he's talking about there given that fact.

fanboi

Banned

*A new contender appears'

This thread:

Fotolia_755461_rollercoaster.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta love Crab though!

Anyway, as should be clear, I'm still in the game mainly to fulfill Kabouter's sweet dream of Westernizing Malacca, so I don't care too much about how we solve it any more

If jazz thinks white peace is a fair deal then whatever

But for future reference, it would be nice to know what rules are only considered 'mere technicalities' so that I can be offended if someone points out that I've broken one or more of those rules :p

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I'd be pretty sad if the game ended this early, so I'm glad that's off the table. I mean, sure, after setbacks I've wanted to quit too, but the feeling of coming back stronger is a great one. Even now with the AI having basically sabotaged my country, I'm gonna see what I can do to come back.

I'd also like to point out that the Ottomans are on the doorstep of the HRE right now. So anti-Ottoman coalition, anyone?

Too little, too late!

Anyways, crazy interesting to read about yesterday, especially fascinated by Fanbois excellent diplomacy!

Also, about the game ending/Kabouter not participating in future games, I would just want to say I am sorry for that since I am one of the early quitters this round. Hope you guys continue for a while still (so I can continue to work on my backlog!).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
But for future reference, it would be nice to know what rules are only considered 'mere technicalities' so that I can be offended if someone points out that I've broken one or more of those rules :p

The ones that are invented after the incriminated activity happened and that end up creating a situation that would have been possible even by applying the new rules.

Kabouter

You gotta love Crab though!

Anyway, as should be clear, I'm still in the game mainly to fulfill Kabouter's sweet dream of Westernizing Malacca, so I don't care too much about how we solve it any more

If jazz thinks white peace is a fair deal then whatever

You might as well stop if that's the only reason you're still playing. I don't want you to do something you don't want to. It's also not like I'm blaming anyone for this, it's just that I'm looking for longer games, so GAF's EU MP games are clearly not for me. Shouldn't be that hard to get someone else to host.

fanboi

Banned
You might as well stop if that's the only reason you're still playing. I don't want you to do something you don't want to. It's also not like I'm blaming anyone for this, it's just that I'm looking for longer games, so GAF's EU MP games are clearly not for me. Shouldn't be that hard to get someone else to host.

But we are continuing...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

There's also fanboi's girlfriend's panties and what not, and you never know what can happen. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That reminds me... She is taking a shower right now... Should i fabricate claims or support rebels? If discovered there is a huge risk of embargo.

Ask yourself "WwMd?"
(What would Morfeo do?)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me... She is taking a shower right now... Should i fabricate claims or support rebels? If discovered there is a huge risk of embargo.

Fabricate claims, unless you have a mission?

And if you are embargoed you'll get the Show Superiority CB so you're all good

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Well, Paradox makes it work internally by just handing out awards to the top 3 in score right? Is there something we could do along those lines?
If we turned this into an actual competition, I think that would encourage players to drop out even faster once things start to go poorly for them. Trying to "optimize" the way you play or ruthlessly compete with other players is a (reasonable) choice, but one, ironically, that I don't necessarily take. And on the subject of mega-alliances, I agree with you that alliances will naturally shift as circumstances change, rather than coalesce into huge blocs. People tend to overestimate just how permanent these alliances are, because they keep projecting the current circumstances into the future. For instance, everyone said that my alliance with Haly, back when he was playing Venice, was going to be unstoppable, but that lapsed naturally once the Ottomans were gone and there was no other threat to the both of us.
Btw, I disagree on the notion of this being "obviously" possible, considering the now 65k-70k opponents in my near vicinity with my 20k army stack.
Even if Poland recovers in time, which is not likely, they would fight Ottomans while I need to take care of Muscovy+Hordes+Uzbek.

Not saying its impossible, but I have no illusion of being able to pull this off.
If you fought Uzbek and the Golden Horde, you wouldn't have to fight the Ottomans at the same time, because you can declare on the Uzbeks and not name the Golden Horde as a co-belligerent. You can then end that GH-Ottoman alliance and declare on the GH six years later and begin conquering land.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If we turned this into an actual competition, I think that would encourage players to drop out even faster once things start to go poorly for them. Trying to "optimize" the way you play or ruthlessly compete with other players is a (reasonable) choice, but one, ironically, that I don't necessarily take. And on the subject of mega-alliances, I agree with you that alliances will naturally shift as circumstances change, rather than coalesce into huge blocs. People tend to overestimate just how permanent these alliances are, because they keep projecting the current circumstances into the future. For instance, everyone said that my alliance with Haly, back when he was playing Venice, was going to be unstoppable, but that lapsed naturally once the Ottomans were gone and there was no other threat to the both of us.

If you fought Uzbek and the Golden Horde, you wouldn't have to fight the Ottomans at the same time, because you can declare on the Uzbeks and not name the Golden Horde as a co-belligerent. You can then end that GH-Ottoman alliance and declare on the GH six years later and begin conquering land.

I know and that is likely what I'll end up trying. Doesnt mean its going to be easy though against a 70k army alliance, though.

Mgoblue201

Last time I checked the GH only had 30k, unless they went massively over their force limit for the war, and Uzbeks and Muscovy combined probably don't amount to much. Even if they were going over their force limit, it's not necessarily to their advantage. They're probably taking loans, drawing down their manpower, etc, so a long defensive war will be very painful for them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the new rule 3:

How are we going to uphold the Indirect involvement law? Wouldn't this make it impossible for players to ever take advantage of another human player that is already involved in a human war? Are everyone who's in separate wars against someone now automatically counted as allies, and if so, to whom? (the warleader?).

Say Fanboi had acted completely on his own, would he then be counted as an ally of mine?

I don't think we've quite thought this one through

Kabouter

Regarding the new rule 3:

How are we going to uphold the Indirect involvement law? Wouldn't this make it impossible for players to ever take advantage of another human player that is already involved in a human war? Are everyone who's in separate wars against someone now automatically counted as allies, and if so, to whom? (the warleader?).

Say Fanboi had acted completely on his own, would he then be counted as an ally of mine?

I don't think we've quite thought this one through

If fanboi had acted to take, say, Holland from KingSnake, then no. He would just be opportunistic, which is fine. However, what he did was specifically take action to aid you, as only an ally would.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If fanboi had acted to take, say, Holland from KingSnake, then no. He would just be opportunistic, which is fine. However, what he did was specifically take action to aid you, as only an ally would.

yes, of course, but that was a really obvious case, not least because Fanboi was about as discreet as Nicki Minaj about it. :p
fanboi <3

Say I had whispered "now could be a really good moment to grab Holland for you", and he had agreed and acted on that? The result would be the same. I mean, don't people do this shit all the time?

Kabouter

yes, of course, but that was a really obvious case, not least because Fanboi was about as discreet as Nicki Minaj about it. :p
fanboi <3

Say I had whispered "now could be a really good moment to grab Holland for you", and he had agreed and acted on that? The result would be the same. I mean, don't people do this shit all the time?

If you had whispered that, there would have been no issue. Regardless of who gave him the idea, the act would still be one motivated by his own interest.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
fanboi <3

Thanks for making me google that!

Toma

Too old for you

To ol fo yo.
Fake edit: even sounds like it could be a real existing slang
Fake edit 2: And I am fascinated that every one of those words contains an "o". I seem to be easily impressed today.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sure! We have an agreement on a peace deal now, so there's no reason to suspect that one part will suddenly dishonor it

CloudWolf

Scandinavia AAR

Took back the original Danish lands of Holstein and Slesvig from Hamburg and The Hansa and started colonization of North-America. Also, I found some natives and I decided to do the historical thing and declared a No-CB war on them. So now I have an uncorable province in somewhere near the current US-Canadian border. Oh well, as soon as my colonist finishes up New York I will probably be able to core it.

Also, I think I'm done in Europe, I don't really see any logical way to expand.

Uzzy

Oh Austria, you can be so amusing sometimes. Taking me on while I've got the BBB on my side? How do you like carpet sieges now, Habsburgs?

Well, that was a fun session. After fixing up the damage the AI had done to my country, I quickly swooped in and took the last remaining minor in the Balkans, Montenegro. I then noticed that Tuscany, who were busy being a pain, embargoing me, rivaling me etc, were allied with Hungary, a three province nation with 5k troops.

So plans were quickly put in motion, and after a deal was struck with our Polish friends, Venice declared war on Hungary and promptly marched into Tuscany. Our allies Ferrera got Modena, I got war reparations, and the Tuscan fleet lay at the bottom of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Result.

The Austrians then decided that this was a good time to strike against Venice, and rather promptly took their war goal of Lika. I was rather worried at this point, until I saw a French 30k stack marching towards Austria, with another 20k stack coming up right behind it. The Austrians were hunted down and wiped out to a man, and the carpet siege began. Venice did rather well from the peace treaty, gaining two provinces, uniting Venice's Italian and Balkan lands, as well as cutting Austria off from the sea. And that's where the night ended.

Next time, I'll have to avoid the coalition that's probably going to form against me, avoid the Ottomans, and somehow retake Brescia from those very annoying Milanese. Also, I'll have to build up my navy some more. I've only got the second biggest navy in the world now. Shameful.

Provinces Gained: Zeta, Gorz, Krain
Provinces Lost: None!

Mgoblue201

Oh Austria, you can be so amusing sometimes. Taking me on while I've got the BBB on my side? How do you like carpet sieges now, Habsburgs?

Well, that was a fun session. After fixing up the damage the AI had done to my country, I quickly swooped in and took the last remaining minor in the Balkans, Montenegro. I then noticed that Tuscany, who were busy being a pain, embargoing me, rivaling me etc, were allied with Hungary, a three province nation with 5k troops.

So plans were quickly put in motion, and after a deal was struck with our Polish friends, Venice declared war on Hungary and promptly marched into Tuscany. Our allies Ferrera got Modena, I got war reparations, and the Tuscan fleet lay at the bottom of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Result.

The Austrians then decided that this was a good time to strike against Venice, and rather promptly took their war goal of Lika. I was rather worried at this point, until I saw a French 30k stack marching towards Austria, with another 20k stack coming up right behind it. The Austrians were hunted down and wiped out to a man, and the carpet siege began. Venice did rather well from the peace treaty, gaining two provinces, uniting Venice's Italian and Balkan lands, as well as cutting Austria off from the sea. And that's where the night ended.

Next time, I'll have to avoid the coalition that's probably going to form against me, avoid the Ottomans, and somehow retake Brescia from those very annoying Milanese. Also, I'll have to build up my navy some more. I've only got the second biggest navy in the world now. Shameful.

Provinces Gained: Zeta, Gorz, Krain
Provinces Lost: None!
That's a scary navy. My people have never even seen a boat before.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uzzy 4.5 rating, right after Jazz.

Dat recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom