• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not actually so good at HoI, just the Ai is even worse, Uzzy is probably better if you want help with that one. I can write you a mean essay on V2's economy, aimed at a fledgling
traitorous villain of an
apprentice.

I can't say it'll be the quality of Professor Haly and his trade lectures, though.

I love vicky2. Haven't stopped playing it since the demo was released. What I would say is, I've only just gotten a grip with the way the economy works.

If anyone is up for a Multiplayer game of that I am more than happy to do so, I would recommend anyone who I know to pick one of the easier starting nations like the USA, Russia, Prussia or Austria. Then if more people are in Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Japan and the UK.

fanboi

Banned
I'm not actually so good at HoI, just the Ai is even worse, Uzzy is probably better if you want help with that one. I can write you a mean essay on V2's economy, aimed at a fledgling
traitorous villain of an
apprentice.

I can't say it'll be the quality of Professor Haly and his trade lectures, though.

I ment vicky ofc
scumbag

CloudWolf

I haven't heard from Shashananana about whether he's able to fill in for me or not, so I'm not joining this session

Please AI, don't screw things up for me

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't sign onto Steam :(

If this doesn't clear up in like, 5 minute, go on without me. It's not like I'm going to die if I miss 5 minutes unlike Cloudwolf.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
m6Sl7hB.png

Posting for Kab who couldnt do a screenshot.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

Well, after spending the past few days making plans on how to deal with the Ottomans, they duly oblige me and declare war, trying to take Cyprus. Strangely they don't send any troops to Cyprus, but rather they try to conquer Eastern Europe/Italy. Luckily for me, France and Castille honoured the alliance, Poland/Lithuania joined in and Novgorod and Qara Qoyunlu launched wars against the Ottomans at the same time.

So Venice did what Venice does best, and solved the problem by throwing ducats at it. A mercenary horde was raised, loans were taken and the Ottoman forces were engaged. My Navy showed who's the boss of the Mediterranean by crushing one massive 50+ Ottoman navy, then chasing 70+ Ottoman ships into the Crimean Sea, before sinking them as well. The combined armies of France/Venice/Poland/Castille/Qara took apart the Ottoman army, eventually wiping them out to a man. Most of the Ottoman territory ended up sieged before we had to peace out.

Yeah.. not too much. Sure Lithuania took a bunch of Crimean territory, but I'd have liked to release more stuff. That'll be for Wednesday, probably. Still, once the truces expired, I took Bosnia and Epirus, which was good. Morea quite annoyingly sucked back up to the Ottomans and became a Vassal.

The rest of the session was spent rebuilding my trade fleet, becoming the biggest navy on the seas once again, paying off the 38 loans and generally recovering from the Ottoman war.

Provinces Gained: Bosna, Epirus
Provinces Lost: None

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit at that war against Burgundy at the end! What happened there KS? Did Milan declare?

How many troops did the Ottomans have in Europe? I defeated the occasional 20k stack, but mostly they seemed to be more preoccupied with fighting in Crimea or sieging down Georgia.

I'd say around 60-80 in total? I think there was at least three 20-30k stacks wandering around

Uzzy

How many troops did the Ottomans have in Europe? I defeated the occasional 20k stack, but mostly they seemed to be more preoccupied with fighting in Crimea or sieging down Georgia.

Yeah, about 60-80k. Eventually they went down, but there were some big battles.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Look at France just flashing their three three-star generals in that screenshot Uzzy took

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Holy shit at that war against Burgundy at the end! What happened there KS? Did Milan declare?

Yeah. I hoped the coalition will slowly go away, as things were chilling, but Milan decided to declare war. It's kind of a game breaking war for me, but let's see what they want first.

CloudWolf

I can't even remember the last time I had a single three star general.
In my last Genoa game the AI contantly had them. It was especially annoying because all I got were 1 star generals. I still managed to end up first on the ranking (by building up a Night's worldwide trade empire) until France (who had PU'd Russia) killed me with an imperialism CB.

PSA: If you're playing an Italian minor always kill off France first.

CloudWolf

I got one as Prussia once when I maxed out my army tradition, it was awesome. You need a lot of luck though.

Even you have a constant 100 army tradition (which cam be easily done with Prussia), you'll still Ger 2-star generals most of the time. Lucky nations are OP.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR:

Summary:

A very constructive session! Had a good time with Uzzy, Toma and MGO weakening the Ottomans and the Golden Horde considerably. Tech difference is really starting to help out here, as they probably had almost an equal amount of troops but were two military tech levels behind. Polish cavalry is also starting to shine with the Noble Knight and Winged Hussars idea combo.

I integrated Transylvania and Moldavia, and conquered the rest of Hungary, and grabbed once-more released Transylvania and Croatia from the Ottomans. Poor Transylvanians, annexed two times within years. :( Lithuania ate a bunch of Crimea, that was very generous of you Uzzy!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You should definitely get Brandenburg to help you against this! he owes you big time after you saved his ass against us! :)

angeldonaldorig.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You should definitely get Brandenburg to help you against this! he owes you big time after you saved his ass against us! :)

Haha! Right.
No, it was my greed, so I will solve it somehow.

I still think this is way too punishing, as the coalition formed when I made Switzerland my vassal. And Milan (who declared the war) was as aggressive as me in the area.

Edit: oh, you edited that. Why? Not fancying a war now?

Kabouter

Seems fine to me, if anything it's too soft. A non-HRE state taking a big bite out of the HRE? Can't imagine that would've gone down well with the HRE or Europe's other great powers if that happened in real life.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Haha! Right.

I still think this is way too punishing, as the coalition formed when I made Switzerland my vassal. And Milan (who declared the war) was as aggressive as me in the area.

It was a joke, but I don't want to seem like I'm stirring shit. Can never be sure about who takes things too serious and not.

But I can just as well edit back now ;)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Seems fine to me, if anything it's too soft. A non-HRE state taking a big bite out of the HRE? Can't imagine that would've gone down well with the HRE or Europe's other great powers if that happened in real life.

Yeah, I'm sure Milan would have declared war on Burgundy in the real Europe. :p

Or Scandinavia would have adventured in a such a war. Or Great Britain fighting along side France and against Castille.

Kabouter

Yeah, I'm sure Milan would have declared war on Burgundy in the real Europe. :p

Or Scandinavia would have adventured in a such a war. Or Great Britain fighting along side France and against Castille.

It probably wouldn't have been Milan no, it would've been one of the larger nations in the coalition.

Also, odd nations aligned with each other all the time for wars, and they changed sides all the time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Dutch_War
And that was just a few years after this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Devolution

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, wikipedia is now not accessible at work. This is a new one. They want to keep us in the dark, man!

jesus, where do you work man??

first article intro:

The Franco-Dutch War (1672–78), often called simply the Dutch War (French: La Guerre de Hollande; Dutch: Hollandse Oorlog) was a war fought by France, Sweden, the Prince-Bishopric of Münster, the Archbishopric of Cologne and England against the Dutch Republic, which was later joined by the Austrian Habsburg lands, Brandenburg and Spain to form a quadruple alliance. The war ended with the Treaty of Nijmegen of 1678, which granted France control of the Franche-Comté and some cities in Flanders and Hainaut, all formerly controlled by Spain. The year 1672 in Dutch is often referred to as Het Rampjaar, meaning the year of disaster.

Second article intro:

The War of Devolution (1667–68) saw Louis XIV's French armies overrun the Habsburg-controlled Spanish Netherlands and the Franche-Comté, but forced to give most of it back by a Triple Alliance of England, Sweden, and the Dutch Republic in the Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Haha! Right.
With a little help you could probably get out of this war with a white peace, or at least minimal losses.The problem is that I believe the coalition CB (assuming that's what Milan used) was changed to a superiority war goal, so you can no longer count on wining the war by simply protecting your capital. You'll have to win battles to have a chance. That makes the need for dependable allies even more acute.

Probably a good idea not to get too involved in the HRE until you've taken care of France first. Burgundy has too many enemies looking to attack it at the slightest sign of weakness.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How much of the HRE would even be left if KS waited that long?

It's probably more advantageous to eat France regardless. They're rich as fuck and can help him steal extra trade from the Old Traitor Across the Waters.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Really love all the tensions that goes on in this thread lately, especially how its finally become clear to everybody what a backstabber Fanboi really is.

Kabouter

It's probably more advantageous to eat France regardless. They're rich as fuck and can help him steal extra trade from the Old Traitor Across the Waters.
There's only so much of France to eat though, and 15 year truces can really suck. Presumably KS wants to keep growing in Europe, which pretty much means HRE. Imo, he should continue to expand in both places.

CloudWolf

Uhm, guys... My house internet kinda died today (great birthday present), so unless that's fixed tomorrow I'm gonna have to skip again >_>

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
With a little help you could probably get out of this war with a white peace, or at least minimal losses.The problem is that I believe the coalition CB (assuming that's what Milan used) was changed to a superiority war goal, so you can no longer count on wining the war by simply protecting your capital. You'll have to win battles to have a chance. That makes the need for dependable allies even more acute.

Probably a good idea not to get too involved in the HRE until you've taken care of France first. Burgundy has too many enemies looking to attack it at the slightest sign of weakness.

If I fight this war to win it or to even white peace out of it, I will probably end up bankrupt in the end. So I will try to peace out fast, by giving up Switzerland and whatever they want to take.

As for HRE, I had still truce with France until the very last moment, so no other way to expand. Plus the emperor was my ally and very weak, so it was the best moment. I had a chance of going away with it and almost did (the coalition is really old now, but the AE just goes away too damn slow).

fanboi

Banned
Also, the poll is outdated, Kabouter is doing mighty fine.

New poll:

How many girls will Morfeo let down in bed before next MP game

1) 0
2) Just KingSnakes mom
3) Only Roboleons wife
4) 4
5) Every girl he has been is already let down

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

New poll:

How many girls will Morfeo let down in bed before next MP game

1) 0
2) Just KingSnakes mom
3) Only Roboleons wife
4) 4
5) Every girl he has been is already let down

6) All Citizens of the female sounding Oopsy Daisy

Kabouter

Still people around who could annex me, including some who voted for the option favouring that. :p Also, pretty sure I can't remove this poll and add a new one that allows you to vote again.

Toma

Still people around who could annex me, including some who voted for the option favouring that. :p Also, pretty sure I can't remove this poll and add a new one that allows you to vote again.

So, Baekshi would win the vote with "more than three". Which, unless me or MGO get to it, is going to be the correct answer.

Kabouter

So, Baekshi would win the vote with "more than three". Which, unless me or MGO get to it, is going to be the correct answer.
Mgo seems most likely tbh, I would've said Castile, but maybe Morocco and Aragon have weakened them too much, and they'll stick to just colonizing lands that are rightfully mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom