• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzzy 4.5 rating, right after Jazz.

Dat recovery.

Yes, it really is impressive! Well done, Uzzy!

But let's not forget the massive blobbers Fitz and MGO in all this. I'm amazed at how MGO has crushed the Timurids basically by himself with a much smaller nation. And Fitz is all over West Africa and colonizing.

The Ottomans do need to die though because they're defender of the faith and I'm surrounded by Sunnis.

I think we can all agree on that. It's going to be hard to find a good time to really commit though, since I suspect the rest of Human Continental Europe - the HCE - (minus Venice) will be up in my ***** the moment I engage in anything big.

The Ottomans are even allied to Brandenburg. lmao

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR:

What started as an incredibly adventurous thing paid out quite well in the end. With the Brandenburg-Poland war out of way and with the help of the great coalition that Fanboi built against him I took down France in no time and I took 3 provinces out of them (and Aragon 2). With the help of the additional income and some nice events I managed to repay more than half of the loans I took, the interest dropping from 18 ducats to 7 ducats per month. The rebels cooled down a bit too, after the last rise of 60k Hainautians. So things are on a good path, let's see how it goes from now on.

Provinces Gained: Barrois, Bourbon, Lyonnais.
Provinces Lost: None.

CloudWolf

Oh boy, I just realized I can't play next Sunday. Let's hope that the AI doesn't do aything stupid like declaring on Novgorod or Brandenburg, that would really screw up my plans (and my recently recovered manpower).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh boy, I just realized I can't play next Sunday. Let's hope that the AI doesn't do aything stupid like declaring on Novgorod or Brandenburg, that would really screw up my plans (and my recently recovered manpower).

Wouldnt be surprised, they have a tendency of doing that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You could ask Crab if his computer is in order? though he will probably do that shit anyway :p

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

That would be interesting. Another crazy session coming?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Victoria II and all DLC for pocket change. Gotta love steam sales! :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My computer is fixed to the point I can probably sit in for people on other days, but not that specific one as I will be away. Apologies.

Also, Roboleon, you now have the best Paradox game! Congratulations on your discerning taste, and remember: real men form Poland-Lithuania from Krakow.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, you should definitely use Vickymod 2.0 (also known as /gsg/ mod). There are very few mods I'd consider near compulsory, with things like MEIOU and Taxes or SWMH being very much 'to taste', but Vickymod is basically an expansion pack: it keeps all true to feel of the original while being expanded upon in almost every area.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My computer is fixed to the point I can probably sit in for people on other days, but not that specific one as I will be away. Apologies.

Also, Roboleon, you now have the best Paradox game! Congratulations on your discerning taste, and remember: real men form Poland-Lithuania from Krakow.

Too late for that, but it sure looks like I'm not going to be forming it from Danzig :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just grabbed it, thanks to your post.

EU IV might be the all around best Paradox game, but oh boy,I will always have a soft spot for Victoria and it might be my favourite SP Paradox game. So good.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
EU4 isn't even as good as EU3... :p. I mean, I prefer EU4's interface, and the new map/tags from AoW, the new unrest/autonomy system, and the new colonization mechanics, but outside of those I generally preferred how EU3 handled things, particularly with regards to technology, cores, income, ideas, sliders (I miss sliders so...), inflation, advisors, trade, manpower, spheres of influence, the way hordes worked, and most other core elements.

EDIT: EU4 obviously has better multiplayer, though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Now we can try to figure out how Vicky 2 works together!

1. Select Prussia.
2. Form Grossdeutschland.
3. ???
4. Blob horrifically.

But in more serious terms, try starting as France. You're relatively literate, bigger than all your land neighbours, not a democracy so you don't have to put up with shitty parties, you can industrialise very easily, and colonialism is simple, with Algeria being a good start. Just keep good relations with the UK and ally Russia or Austria, so that you can sit on alsace lorraine. You could even just sphere a random German minor to prevent the NGf, and then you have no land rival for the entire game unless you fuck with late game Russia.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and the entire world economy runs on alcohol. Corner the liquor and wine markets and you will be rich as fuck.

Uzzy

Hearts of Iron 3 is the Paradox game for real lunatics. That supply network and OOB stuff, bloody hell. Took me 40 hours just to figure all that out. Still, the next two hundred hours spent conquering the world/saving the world were pretty fun.

fanboi

Banned
Also, keep in mind after we end this session (and future sessions) we will conduct a rating of each player as you see it. It would be good if every player could give a pro and cons with their performance, e.g for me, strong would be taking over and form Great Britain, while a con would be the major fuck up I did during the KingSnake gate.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Also, keep in mind after we end this session (and future sessions) we will conduct a rating of each player as you see it. It would be good if every player could give a pro and cons with their performance, e.g for me, strong would be taking over and form Great Britain, while a con would be the major fuck up I did during the KingSnake gate.

You're getting a 5/5 Machiavelli style.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Aren't player ratings given anonomously? Or do you mean that we should give our own pros and cons afterwards?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
if Fanboi is Macchiavelli and Jazz is von Clausewitz; who's Sun Tzu?

MGO

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hearts of Iron 3 is the Paradox game for real lunatics. That supply network and OOB stuff, bloody hell. Took me 40 hours just to figure all that out. Still, the next two hundred hours spent conquering the world/saving the world were pretty fun.

I find HoI3's learning curve really strange. You spend ~50 hours having no idea what is going on, ~10 hours at a point where the Ai poses a challenge, and after that the game is just a walkover.

Uzzy

I find HoI3's learning curve really strange. You spend ~50 hours having no idea what is going on, ~10 hours at a point where the Ai poses a challenge, and after that the game is just a walkover.

Yeah, it's disappointing in that aspect. Mods improve the situation but don't solve it.

Sadly because of the nature of the game, it's really hard to do a lot with one of the smaller nations. Sure, you can get some challenge out of playing Canada, Australia or Hungary, but there's pretty hard limits to what you can do with them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's disappointing in that aspect. Mods improve the situation but don't solve it.

Sadly because of the nature of the game, it's really hard to do a lot with one of the smaller nations. Sure, you can get some challenge out of playing Canada, Australia or Hungary, but there's pretty hard limits to what you can do with them.

Someone has a European conquest by Czechslovakia somewhere, I'll see if I can find a link to the AAR. Still, for the most part yeah, HoI as a series doesn't offer the same replay value as others. People have said Victoria suffers from the sake problem, but I disagree - even more if your territorial expansion is difficult, the industrial process is amazing and can be a whole game in itself.

You guys all know that when V3 is released, I wont stop nagging until we play an MP session, right? :p

fanboi

Banned
Someone has a European conquest by Czechslovakia somewhere, I'll see if I can find a link to the AAR. Still, for the most part yeah, HoI as a series doesn't offer the same replay value as others. People have said Victoria suffers from the sake problem, but I disagree - even more if your territorial expansion is difficult, the industrial process is amazing and can be a whole game in itself.

You guys all know that when V3 is released, I wont stop nagging until we play an MP session, right? :p

Teach me master
backstabber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom