• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They got rid of OoB.

I'm still so sad. ;_;

The best part of HoI was spending the first 10 hours of any game on pause.

Uzzy

They got rid of OoB.

I'm still so sad. ;_;

The best part of HoI was spending the first 10 hours of any game on pause.

Too damn right. Especially as the Soviet Union. All that time sorting out those hundreds of divisions, planes and ships, putting officers in the right place, then losing a host of those officers a few years later. I'm going to miss that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Too damn right. Especially as the Soviet Union. All that time sorting out those hundreds of divisions, planes and ships, putting officers in the right place, then losing a host of those officers a few years later. I'm going to miss that.

Really, HoI3 was an OCD simulator.

Uzzy

eztvwLQ.png

If only my Navy could go onto the land. Ah well.

(None of my ships were sunk, Bernd!)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
so now the two previously undisturbed beasts of the east has finally awoken!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
so now the two previously undisturbed beasts of the east has finally awoken!

Yeah, I'll teach my citizens the national Anthem of Mughals to prepare them for their future life.

Weeee Mughals, we caaaant be Pals
Noooo, we walk over youuuu
We maaaarch so strong, make yooooou our thralls
the tiiiime is overduuuuue

All hail our Mughalian overlords.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Invading Russia in winter isn't so bad of an idea after all.

I read that bit about invading in winter just before the game started funnily, but yeah, probably doesnt matter much anymore with 200k+ manpower left and an country economy/infrastructure to easily refill that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, mgo looks rather more Seleucid than he does Mughal.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I would say three, that Oman is pretty strong at this point.

Yeah, your triple alliance is something else

Just you and MGO are probably fielding what.. ~500K? :p

You (middle)easterners are supposed to fight internally, dammit! It's not fair you have this nirvana thing going on, while Europe is a fucking bloody disaster all the time :)

Kabouter

Yeah, your triple alliance is something else

Just you and MGO are probably fielding what.. ~500K? :p

You (middle)easterners are supposed to fight internally, dammit! It's not fair you have this nirvana thing going on, while Europe is a fucking bloody disaster all the time :)

You would prefer us fully engaged in combat with Europeans?

ZZMitch

Wow you guys have really taken this campaign farther then we usually do. Looks fun heh.

Also Kab I will have to show you my Gelre game when I finish... looks like I will end #1 in score :p

fanboi

Banned
I Think we europeans should lay down our weapons and march, together, to the east and lay waste upon their cities.

It would make a nice holiday retreat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will fulfill the promise I made in the polls.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I Think we europeans should lay down our weapons and march, together, to the east and lay waste upon their cities.

brb sending alliance request to Brandenburg

You would prefer us fully engaged in combat with Europeans?

How can you possibly interpret "fighting internally" as a wish to see you fully engaged with Europeans?

Kabouter

brb sending alliance request to Brandenburg

How can you possibly interpret "fighting internally" as a wish to see you fully engaged with Europeans?

I missed the internally :p
But all this talk of European aggression is worrying, maybe I should get more allies.

Uzzy

Funny you should say that. It just so happens that the nation you're currently occupying has been already doing that.

Toma

Funny you should say that. It just so happens that the nation you're currently occupying has been already doing that.

You didnt attack the east, you Kamikaze'd the east.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You didnt attack the east, you Kamikaze'd the east.

I think he meant lay down their weapons. Because Venice has definitely done that :p
in the soldiers' graves ;_;

fanboi

Banned
I would love to see a counter of how many soldiers died during a war. The first world war and this must be over a million at least.

Toma

I would love to see a counter of how many soldiers died during a war. The first world war and this must be over a million at least.

Arent these stats in the end game screen for each war? For all individual countries at least.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Arent these stats in the end game screen for each war? For all individual countries at least.

No, they're per battle, and plenty of battles get skipped. There's a save-game analyzing tool somewhere on the Paradox forums that has a casualties/war output, but otherwise you can't do it unless Kab is willing to manually search the save files and add it all up.

Uzzy

That would be an interesting feature. I once tried to manually count the casualty figures for a war in Hearts of Iron 3, but that lasted for all of an hour.

Kabouter

No, they're per battle, and plenty of battles get skipped. There's a save-game analyzing tool somewhere on the Paradox forums that has a casualties/war output, but otherwise you can't do it unless Kab is willing to manually search the save files and add it all up.

I'm not willing to manually do it, but hook me up with that analyizing tool and I'll run this through it.

That would be an interesting feature. I once tried to manually count the casualty figures for a war in Hearts of Iron 3, but that lasted for all of an hour.

Please tell me this wasn't an hour spent fighting on the Eastern Front.

Uzzy

Please tell me this wasn't an hour spent fighting on the Eastern Front.

Thankfully not. Just Poland then Denmark/Norway. It got messy when the invasion of the Low Countries/France kicked off while the Norwegian invasion was still going on, so my little experiment came to an end.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, I decided to get an avatar. Now mine can have staring contests with Kab's.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Yeah, but how many of those million just fled from battle because they didn't want to serve under you tyrants any longer?

CloudWolf

Toma is now forever on my blacklist. Denmark is supposed to be under my benevolent rulership .

I did enjoy watching that huge battle just north of Venice last game though.

Uzzy

Toma is now forever on my blacklist. Denmark is supposed to be under my benevolent rulership .

I did enjoy watching that huge battle just north of Venice last game though.

You should totally get GB and Aragon to help you out in reclaiming Denmark then. I'll be happy to sit and watch all the huge battles over the Schleswig-Holstein question!

Toma

Would be super great if I could find someone to sub for tonight. Anyone who would have time? Crab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom