• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are you saying Roboleon is the sub in that relationship?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So it's ok if I integrate my bitch-slapping overlord then? :p sounds very Freudian

Haly

So this is World War II, right? After being crushed by the crippling reparations of World War I, a charismatic German leader rose to prominence, capitalizing on the societal disgruntlement to forge a new, stronger war machine to once again take on the world?
ibaGktRhDRiod8.png

CloudWolf

Amazing.

I beat France, but this left me with a big part of my army in Africa and the British lands in France. Of course it's right around that moment that my entire fleet of transport ships dies of attrition, which left me with five transports total. Toma saw his chance and declared war, luckily he has no real fleet, so I thought I'd have time to transport troops and fight back. But then The Hansa declared on me for their cores and the first thing they did was murder my transports.

So this left me with 30k in Sweden, which was actually enough to beat back Toma's 50-stack (yay for superior mil tech and full offensive), but he came back with a 70-stack and beat my army senseless. The scattered retreat brought my armies next to The Hansa's and like that the Great Ping-Pong Game of the 17th century began. Oh, and Castillian Luisiana thought this would be a great time to attack my colonies, so there's that.

Fun times.

Uzzy

So this is World War II, right? After being crushed by the crippling reparations of World War I, a charismatic German leader rose to prominence, capitalizing on the societal disgruntlement to forge a new, stronger war machine to once again take on the world?

The Doge of the Most Serene Republic of Venice is not German. Hmmph.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fun times.

Yeah, I pondered that for a while now, but after your recent excursions there really wasnt any reason left not to come visit you. I'll handle your citizens with care!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I especially enjoy the part of WW2 where the brave Inca soldiers stormed the beaches of Europe and drove back the German war machine.

Kabouter

Oh, can I make a request of the warring parties? Please sink enough of Venice's ships so he stops cramping my style by having a larger navy than me. It's just not fair that even with all the coastline I have I still don't have the force limit to beat Venice's navy :(.

Uzzy

Yes, yes, come out of your sheltered ports so I can send your ships down to the bottom of the Mediterranean. It's not like those trade vessels are important to your continued financial well being or anything.

Kabouter

Yes, yes, come out of your sheltered ports so I can send your ships down to the bottom of the Mediterranean. It's not like those trade vessels are important to your continued financial well being or anything.

I don't care how many of their ships you sink (assuming you mean them, since I'm nowhere near the Mediterranean and not at war with you), just so long as you lose enough to have my fleet size -1 :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Who would have thought Bavarian exiles in South America would be the ones destined to save Europe from Nazism and Fascism?

Haly

I'm just waiting for Kab to throw his towel in with the Axis powers and launch a suprise attack on my southwest flank.

Kabouter

I'm just waiting for Kab to throw his towel in with the Axis powers and launch a suprise attack on my southwest flank.

I can't even get South American trade home, what purpose would that serve? :D
Maybe I should go into Japan though, since for Toma it'd just be worthless distant overseas provinces, and he's expanding into Eurolands anyway. Plus, I'd have something to do during 15 year truces! :p

Oh, that's a given.

So, will this round end after the WW2? I want to play!

Next game will start only after the release of 1.10/El Dorado anyway, so us ending now wouldn't necessarily make a difference :p

Kabouter

I gave up once I realized how badly Japan had been nerfed by the updates. :p

Huh, really? Let's compare ideas.

Japanese ideas said:
Traditions.png Traditions:

-10% Stability cost modifier
+10% Discipline

Trade power.png Tosen-bugyo

+25% Domestic trade power

Prestige.png Higashiyama Culture

+1 Yearly prestige

National manpower modifier.png Reformed Land Holding

+20% National manpower modifier

National revolt risk.png Sankin-Kotai

-2 National revolt risk

Defensiveness.png Sakoku

+15% Fort Defense

National tax modifier.png The Bakufu Chokkatsuchi

+15% National tax income modifier

Legitimacy.png Shinokosho System

+1 Yearly legitimacy
+25% Increased chance of new heir

Idea bonus.png Ambitions:

+15% Infantry combat ability

Malayan ideas said:
Traditions.png Traditions:

-10% Ship costs
+10% Trade steering

Merchants.png Indian Ocean Trade

+1 Merchants

Tolerance heathen.png Sufi Legacy

+2 Tolerance of heathens

Production efficiency.png Spice Islands

+10% Production efficiency

Idea cost.png Classical Malay

-5% Idea cost

Naval maintenance modifier.png Trading Fleets

-20% Naval maintenance modifier

Prestige.png Heirs of Pasai

+1 Yearly prestige

Colonists.png Settle the Islands

+1 Colonists

Idea bonus.png Ambitions:

+20% Morale of navies

It's hard to say if there even are countries with better ideas than Japan, certainly not many. Japan also starts much stronger than Malacca and gets the option to convert to Christianity via events, which is always nice.

Haly

Maybe he means the changes to diplo annex.

Valhelm

contribute something
Huh, really? Let's compare ideas.

It's hard to say if there even are countries with better ideas than Japan, certainly not many. Japan also starts much stronger than Malacca and gets the option to convert to Christianity via events, which is always nice.

That's true! But I was expecting to be able to incorporate my weaker vassalize and colonize the north Pacific as I had in previous games. The enormous changes to the vassal-Emperor dynamic and the creation of Ainu and Siberian nations made that less possible.

Kabouter

That's true! But I was expecting to be able to incorporate my weaker vassalize and colonize the north Pacific as I had in previous games. The enormous changes to the vassal-Emperor dynamic and the creation of Ainu and Siberian nations made that less possible.

Well sure, it would've been trickier, but surely not so hard as to be worth quitting over?

Not that I'm complaining about having no competition for colonizing East Asia

Valhelm

contribute something
Well sure, it would've been trickier, but surely not so hard as to be worth quitting over?

Not that I'm complaining about having no competition for colonizing East Asia

I intended to keep playing, but my school schedule made it pretty much impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom