• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Pirate themed dlc?

giphy.gif

bjaelke

A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYDn6JhHEuw

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nation Designer sounds interesting. I'd love if it allowed to completely rejig the starting map to allow for entirely custom starts; I'd spend ages designing alt-history scenarios. If it's just "start with France but control all of Europe and have +15% discipline huehuehuehue" then I probably won't use it. Very much depends on the functionality associated with it.

Somewhat frustrated that Paradox has decided to focus on the South American religious groups when the historically much more important Daoist, Buddhist and other such Eastern syncretic philosophies are so badly neglected. Particularly given the source material for South America is so poor that it'll probably be "exoticised" and given rather crass events that reflect pop culture history of the area rather than anything more.

Will wait and see how Gold Fleet mechanics play out. Sounds promising, particularly the interaction with privateers.

Being able to use fleets to hunt down privateers without having to declare war on the country sending them will be a godsend, that's just a basic improvement.

Papal Dispensations could be interesting. Again, depends on how they function mechanically.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
nice, all the evil players will choose south american countries and be busy with blood sacrifices next session

Serious though, I completely share your concerns regarding the new religious groups, Crab.

CloudWolf

Scandinavia AAR:

The mighty Gyllenstierna dynasty, who brought Sweden to independence and greatness is no more. Upon starting the game I was greeted by a five-year old ruler and a 0/0/0 regency council. So when I saw that there were pretender rebels for some 17-year old 3/5/6 guy sieging my lands, I was happy to sit and watch them enforce their demands.

The new king introduced a 'kill all Native Americans' policy, so I brutally murdered four or five nations and took their land for the glory of Scandinavia. What a time to be alive.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

Everything East of Suez is full of dragons. Such a pain.

So Crab left me in a good position, with plenty of money and an idea group to fill up (Plutocratic Ideas are awesome), and with World War 2: War Harder coming to an end, I figured that now was a good time to finally make the leap to India and secure that port. I put an army in Aden to finally kill off the last of the revolting locals, then made my move.

Main lesson learnt was not to be rushed into a move before you know everything about the situation. Seeing Malaya and the Mughals attacking Bahmanis, I figured I had to attack before the coastline was entirely cut off. Of course, with them attacking, I wasn't quite expecting Bahmanis to have a fleet left. So that large fleet attacked my defenceless transport ships and sunk em all. Oh well.

While that mess was going on, the Commonwealth and Venice once again engaged in our favourite hobby, beating up the Ottomans. The Commonwealth attacked over land and Venice's fleet sank every last Ottoman boat. For Venice's troubles, we gained the islands of Chios. Fun times.

Later on in the session, Venice attacked Siena, thanks to the coalition against Venice finally falling away (Milan rejoined the coalition a few weeks after the DOW, but too late!). Siena's massive level five fort was finally captured after a lengthy siege, thanks to massed cannon, but a peace treaty has yet to be signed. Doesn't help that Savoy, who were allied with Siena, is hiding out of reach behind Milan.

Provinces Gained: Chios
Provinces Lost: None

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzzy thinking outside the box

Probably destroyed by common core math courses

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's two countries! A part of that is Najd, who is surprisingly free of Mughal control.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Because why wouldn't you want to be a part of the glorious Commonwealth Empire?

EMT0

Banned
nice, all the evil players will choose south american countries and be busy with blood sacrifices next session

Serious though, I completely share your concerns regarding the new religious groups, Crab.

The Inca didn't do bloody ritualistic sacrifices like the Aztecs and Mayans did, come on now :d

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hypothetical question: Does P.U pets count as a human ally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom