• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frankly, I don't believe it until i'm playing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god today was Easter.

I mean, I ate my easter eggs and everything.

Are you telling me I have to get more now?

This is no bad thing.

Uzzy

I swear to god today was Easter.

I mean, I ate my easter eggs and everything.

Are you telling me I have to get more now?

This is no bad thing.

Easter can come around twice a year, sure!

Just like Jesus did.

Haly

Game is so boring
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

Fucking Yao, keeps declaring war JUST as I go AFK.
facepalm.gif

Timbuktu decided they want to be friends with me now but THEY'RE STUCK AS MY RIVAL FOR ANOTHER 7 YEARS.
rage.gif

Poland AAR:
Oh hey, I actually am a proper player again. Time to unify Islam hyuk hyuk.

Anyway, I started out in a war with the 2 orders + Sweden, which I quickly ended just by taking some dosh. Didn't want to get involved in HRE wars once Brandenburg had vassalized the Teutons. Morfeo the scumbad dissolved his alliance with me right off the bat. I instead sought alliances with Austria and Brandenburg.

I had a huge amount of debt, but luckily Austria subsidized me up until I had only a few of them left, so I was able to pay off most of my debts. I was able to get my finances under control; sadly the noble rebels I had reinstated the Sejm. Blah.

I declared war on Crimea, which was getting hammered by rebels and Genoa, and was reduced to a 4 province country. In the meantime, my new ally, Brandenburg, brought the anger of a coalition against him, and called me in. I decided to help him, and got Riga + Silesia out of it, for the cost of giving Brandenburg his desired province of Ostpreussen.

In the meantime, Lithuania collapsed into 3 pieces - Kiev, Polotsk and rest Lithuania, which was split into 3 sections. Kiev rivaled me and eventually declared war on me - a war where Austria and Brandenburg both bailed out. :p I re-allied them and was able to take them out on my own, acquiring 3 out of 5 Chernigovian cores. Once peace was made, I released Silesia, Riga and Chernigov as vassals.

Alas, that was before I realized that all the Crimean land that Genoa had taken had flipped to Crimea. Now all of my subjects are at super high liberty desire. Oops. I never intended to have Crimea grow this big while I was still a smally! :D

Will Poland get out of this booboo? We shall see!

Provinces lost: Ostpreussen
Provinces gained: Riga, 2 Silesian cores, 3 Chernigov cores, Crimea as vassal
Also lost: My dignity cause I allied Brandenburg. Oops.

CloudWolf

So yeah, I totally forgot about today's game. When I finally started Steam up at 22:50, I noticed you were all playing EU4 and then it hit me. Oops ^_^'

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan AAR:

Japan is United! Other than that, I'm busy colonizing and exploring. Conquered Kamchatka and Chukchi. Currently in a war with Korea.

Uzzy

Pasai AAR:

Today's Musical Theme, brought to you by Explosions in the Sky.

So, my midweek regency council left me in a pretty good position. A war with Malacca won, with my rival crushed and it just being a matter of besieging the last few provinces. The attrition wasn't anything fun though, causing pretty horrific casualties and bleeding my manpower down to zero. Still, Malacca was broken, and many provinces were taken. I took Bintan, Johor, Kelentan, Pahang, Terengganu, Perak and Selangor from them, and gave Kedah to my Ayutthayan allies. Naturally, this would have caused quite a bit of overextension malus, so I released Johor as a vassal, giving them Bintan, Johor, Kelentan, Pahang and Terengganu. Thankfully they loved me, and I had no trouble with liberty desire.

Keeping just Perak and Selangor for myself, I quickly cored them up and started my colonisation plans. My first colony was sent to Bengkulu, on my starting island of Sumatra. I got a second colonist after a while spent going through the exploration ideas, eventually finishing them off, and sent him off to Lanao, over in the modern day Philippines. Once Bengkulu was finished with, I moved my colonist over to Tulangbewang, also on Sumatra. With my expansion going alright, I decided to start integrating my vassal Johor.

It was at this point that my Ayutthayan allies decided they weren't really allies at all, and declared war on me over the province of Kedah. I felt confident given my allies and vassals resources. However, I hadn't quite expected my allies to throw their forces piecemeal at Ayutthaya + allies 40+ stack. So yeah, they got wiped out, and Ayutthaya + allies happily besieged the province of Kedah. And that's where the session ended. Lets figure out how to beat a 40+ stack.

Provinces Gained: Bengkulu, Bintan, Johor, Kelentan, Pahang, Perak, Selangor, Terengganu
Colonies Gained: Lanao, Tulangbewang
Vassals Gained: Johor
Vassals Annexed: Johor

EMT0

Banned
Cuzco AAR:

I found my starting position to be fairly poor. No reforms, no manpower, and an Andean state that was actually bigger than us, a former OPM in Lima called Ichma, allied to Quito. I immediately allied the OPMs left in the northern Andes and defended one in a call to war that saw them lose a province anyways. And so I waited many years, paying off the loans(accumulated by the AI, of course) while noticing that I have two military tech levels' advantage over my neighbors. And also that Quito now hated Ichma for getting too big. Insta-alliance, and a DOW was made as soon as the truce ended. Right now I'm working on besieging their southern ally who's army is annoyingly still intact which I can't seem to squish. I plan to vassalize them, then proceed to eat chunks out of Ichma. Once that's done, eating the rest of the Andes should be a cinch. But until then, these are dreams, let the war continue.

No provinces gained or lost, lots of prep for a successful war completed.

Steeven

Brandenburg AAR

Brandenburg punished the Livonian Order for interfering by taking one of their provinces. Soon after, the Teutonic barbarians became vassals. But what's this? Liberty desires rose in the Brandenburg empire. Moreover, some German states, who were jealous of the success of Brandenburg, gathered in an interesting coalition of the willing such as the Hansa, Magdeburg and Bohemia. For now, Brandenburg tolerated their attempt to moderate the drang nach osten i.e. the holy quest for Lebensraum.

Then some Polish peasants begged for an alliance. I believe they were led by the mad king Red Arremer, who took over control of the state. It is said that Poland once could grow into a powerhouse, but after the fall of ally Lithuania, which collapsed into Polotsk and Kiev, this remains just a dream after all.

Still, the Polish peasants were of use when the coalition of the willing declared war. I was just chilling in my castle when a stack totaling 50.000 soldiers entered my domain. My vassals abandoned me and stuck with some Austrian stacks, while I got hammered several times. It took many years for overcoming Bohemia and war exhaustion grew phenomenally high for the coalition of the willing. In a shady peace deal, Poland was granted Riga and two Bohemian provinces for their services, in exchange for Ostpreusen, which was sold for 24 fine Prussian horses. When the mad king of Poland left, he uttered something as: you won't expand east, or else. I think it was drunk talk. We need Lebensraum, damnit.

LEBENSRAUM

lebensraumleugene.jpg

Vassals gained: Luneburg, Teutonic Order.
Vassals annexed: Pomerania.
Provinces added to the HRE: Danzig and two others.
Anticipating for next session: Seeing Poland managing 5-9 vassals
Regretted: Nothing.

Haly

We'll probably have to give Brandyburg a 5 eventually.

Haly

Why don't we just give the Prussian culture a 5!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR: Started out by breaking my alliance with Red Arremer-led Poland, cant risk him starting to unify christianity, that would ruin all my peaceful plans. Then spent most of the session just relaxing in peace, when some genoese monopolists started to bully my trade partners. As the peace-lover I am, I sent my Freedom Fighters on them, and forced them to take their greedy hands of Ferrara, which became liberated and fell under my protection.

Anyways, are we playing tomorrow?

mkenyon

Banned
We'll probably have to give Brandyburg a 5 eventually.
To really take off, you have to get partially lucky within the first 50 years, and then also survive the incoming coalition war. If you get through both of those things, then they become a 5. It's really a coin flip though, even if you play it perfectly.

But once you hit that point of critical mass, there's really no stopping them unless you have some insane coalition that busts them up regularly.

Kabouter

AAR: Started out by breaking my alliance with Red Arremer-led Poland, cant risk him starting to unify christianity, that would ruin all my peaceful plans. Then spent most of the session just relaxing in peace, when some genoese monopolists started to bully my trade partners. As the peace-lover I am, I sent my Freedom Fighters on them, and forced them to take their greedy hands of Ferrara, which became liberated and fell under my protection.

Anyways, are we playing tomorrow?

We are.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Wow, all the way back to Odovacer removed the last emperor and thus ended the western empire. Sounds like a really cool period to be able to play in!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm Kind of Blue since I can't make it tonight. We can only hope for Quiet Nights, or that Japan will climb the Seven Steps to Heaven. What I'm trying to say, In a Silent Way, is that there'll be a special guest star apparance by an old friend of us tonight, taking care of my country.

Uzzy

Well, I'm Kind of Blue since I can't make it tonight. We can only hope for Quiet Nights, or that Japan will climb the Seven Steps to Heaven. What I'm trying to say, In a Silent Way, is that there'll be a special guest star apparance by an old friend of us tonight, taking care of my country.

You mean I can launch Operation Downfall tonight? Awesome stuff.

Uzzy

Pasai AAR: An Ending

Well, the war against Ayutthaya went poorly, thanks to my allies deciding to keep landing 2 stacks next to the enemies 24 stack, who kept discipline and their troops together, preventing me from sniping and weakening them. A slight distraction with an OPM up north dragged them away for a bit, allowing me to retake the province of Kedah. I had hoped that this would let me bang out a white peace, or maybe a few concessions, but it wasn't to be. (Even at -56% warscore, Ayutthaya refused to tell me what they wanted, so bleh)

Eventually their 40k doom stack returned and besieged up my mainland provinces once again, causing my allies to peace out. So I was left with no hope of victory.

At which point, in an example of very good timing, the Ming-Japan Alliance struck and took my colony of Lanao in the Philippines. And that was that.

Provinces Lost: All of em

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR France:

After the nice session on Sunday, this one was quite uneventful, except for the two unfinished wars at the end. Meanwhile I annexed Nevers.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Let's have our own special game, Uzzy,with hookers and blackjack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom