• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
For you Bernd/Kabouter!

QQHBpMo.jpg

Happy birthday!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Birthday, Kabouter! :)

By the way, what's going on with Ming? It's being sieged down by a lot of rebels.

Probably Ming being Ming. :p

Indeed. Gamma was unfortunate enough to get one of those "let's fuck Ming totally" events (Paradox™ game design).

Basically he had a 0 skill military ruler which he couldn't get rid of, which on itself was enough to build up a disaster leading to a Civil War. The Civil War ended pretty quickly, because of relatively high legitimacy, but there's a lot of cleaning up to do.

Steeven

:/

I can't offer anything for help with my rebs, that's the issue. I'd have to make concessions of land I own right now, and I'm already one of the smaller countries atm (don't let the map fool you, either, almost all of my land is garbage), plus I've been boxed in (except for in the direction of Muscovy), so I can't even make concessions by telling people I won't expand into X place.

Plus, that is obviously no guarantee that these players are not going to go over me regardless of what agreements we come to. In the original Mamluks position, Fitz promised me to not join Toma in a war against me. He joined Toma in a war against me.

Then after last session, I talked with Morfeo (Venice) and asked him to leave Kaffa to me, but he took it himself, and established himself into the Caucasus, which is bordering me, now right next to me on 2 fronts. I also talked to Brandenburg, and told him I'd like to take the Livonians + Riga. Today, he conquered the Livonians + Riga, and rivaled me. And mgoblue (Uzbek) has started bordering me and taking land from Lithuania, although we've talked about wanting to take out Muscovy together.

All of these actions lead me to believe that I cannot trust anybody. Icing on the cake is that I'm getting mocked, whatever I say or do.

And all just because I said that one of my potential personal goals was to unify Islam. ~_~

We talked, but I never agreed upon your claims. On day one you took control of Poland, you intimidated me and claimed basically everything north and east, trying to box me in. Meanwhile, you already had lost Lithuania, so winning them back was already going to be a challenge for you. In our first war together as allies against a coalition against me you demanded two Bohemian provinces and Riga for victory spoils, which I granted to you, but was rather excessive. Then, in another war we fought side-by-side, you lost Riga against the Ottomans. Also, because of your enormous vassal list, internal rebellion was brewing.

Then take the session last night. You have 40-45k rebellion stacks destroying your country. You are out of money, out of manpower, et al. So, am I supposed to wait 20-30 years before you get your act together so you can conquer Riga again? Riga, which you cannot even directly access because of Polotsk and Lithuania? The same goes for the Livonian Order. Probably the most humorous aspect was you cancelling your alliance with me (!) and on top of that, started to westernize. Then I had to pick a new rival, which turned out to be you, although that was by mistake. I will undo that decision when the option is available, but still, is westernizing your top priority right now? Why not take on Kiev and Muscovy? I am still up for that.

My point is that, although human players played a role, it is not entirely the other players fault that Poland is not doing well.

Steeven

Brandenburg AAR

The citizens of Riga begged to be a part of the free nation of Brandenburg, instead of being closed in by the totalitarian Livonian Order. So after embracing them as our new vassal, Brandenburg declared war on the Livonian Order, in order to restore... order? Yes. The Livs also became vassals.

On the western front, the Hansa got completely destroyed in several subsequent wars against Gelre and me. Bremen disappeared into Gelre's empire as well. The small states of Luneburg and Magdeburg were safely integrated into Brandenburg.

Rumour has it that Polotsk is willing to join Brandenburg.

I also think Denmark got completely raped several times. On a final note, I would like to give the dude still playing Denmark a big thumps up. The odds were against you since day one but you did not give up, I respect that.

Provincial gains: Luneburg, Magdeburg, two Livonian provinces
Vassal gains: Livonian Order, Riga
Losses: None.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I also think Denmark got completely raped several times. On a final note, I would like to give the dude still playing Denmark a big thumps up. The odds were against you since day one but you did not give up, I respect that.

It's 1864 all over again!

Kabouter

So, did KingSnake attack me yet?

No, all I saw Portugal do was take one province from Granada and two from Morocco. He also expanded your wrongly named colonial nation.

Why your colonial nation name is wrong:
Argument #1
Argument #2
And that's even skipping all their horrible recent 'comeback' crap.

How is this even remotely as bad?
To Brazil!

Just betraying a profound lack of knowledge of the full works of the Vengaboys tbh.

So true, much respect.

Happy Birthday Bernd!

Thank you guys for your kind words to my danish demise :D I'm really enjoying every minute of this game and I'm totally amazed about his complexity and regulation. Even when you lost a big war you're not out of the game automatically. And with every misstep I done in this MP rounds I saw which things went wrong and learned something. I'm played very impulsive and spontanious in the beginning and in the last 2 sessions I tried to stay passive and both ways ended up in the result of failure. Honestly, I never though this game would challenge my mind to keep up vigilant all the time.

On the bright side of my weak performance -> next time I can choose a even stronger nation, that I can lead in ruin! :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
All of these actions lead me to believe that I cannot trust anybody. Icing on the cake is that I'm getting mocked, whatever I say or do.

And all just because I said that one of my potential personal goals was to unify Islam. ~_~

I think it's important that we all make an effort to make new players feel welcome and at home in our little community. At the same time I think it's important that you know that we all mock each other quite a bit in here, and that it is mostly in good humor. That being said, when it's not appreciated, I think it's our responsibility to lay off.

But to quote myself from my GOTY 2014 ballot, where I had some words on my LTTP 2013 pick, and about our superb community.

BEST GOTY BALLOT EVER: said:
We are all very nice and accommodating except Fanboi who would kill your mom for a province, Crab who would stab you in the back while you're attending her funeral, Fitz and Jazz who are basically Nazis, Morfeo that will sleep with your daughter for diplomatic information, but mostly just to sleep with your daughter, Kabouter who's doing his "poor me, I'm so exposed and vulnerable"-thing all the time while being in the lead, KingSnake whose backward ass tech cannons will explode in your face, Uzzy that likes to pay to watch soldiers of other countries die violent deaths, etc. etc. etc..

My thing is being a total n00b ofc, which Morfeo makes me aware of on every single occasion. :D

tl;dr: we're all just a bunch of fuckers in here, no one should be singled out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, give a n00b a break. I will now have to re-learn the entire game, wont I? x3

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Jesus Christ, give a n00b a break. I will now have to re-learn the entire game, wont I? x3

Not sure if I like the changes. It sounds like a completely different game now. I mean, it could be interesting, but I almost wish they would allow for different versions at game start.(I know you can change the versions in steam, but a) they should be integrated into the game launcher and b) still enable achievements)

If they are integrating mechanics from other side games (March of the Eagles), why not start with the interesting ones first, like a more interesting economy (Vicky) or Ruler family traits (Crusader Kings).

Sigh.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
" Secondly, we removed the power-cost for building buildings"

Wow.

"You will be able to spend adm, dip or mil power to increase base tax, production and manpower respectively in a province, where of course the cost keep increasing, but if you dream about a 20 base tax Dublin, then you can do that"

Wat.

Toma

I just read through all dev diaries, and overall, they will add a ton of interesting stuff, but I cant imagine the balancing not being fucked up day 1.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So Red Arremer, what Robo says is very important:

I think it's important that we all make an effort to make new players feel welcome and at home in our little community. At the same time I think it's important that you know that we all mock each other quite a bit in here, and that it is mostly in good humor.

Everybody here mocks each other. Just ask Kingsnake about his swahilian tech, Faboi for his backstabbing skills etc. We all have some "traits" that adds a lot of flair to the game - and you just very quickly got singled-out for your, lets say interesting, diplomatic moves. This is not meant in a bad way. Its just for fun. And it does not mean that there is a huge player-coalition ready to take you out. Steven kept his stuff because you were falling apart. I did the same. You had enough with your rebels - so why should we leave the land for you? Anyways, I really hope you will rejoin next session. I can guarantee you will get a Kingsnakian rating after this game - and you can take your revenge and destroy us all as France or the Ottos!

If they are integrating mechanics from other side games (March of the Eagles), why not start with the interesting ones first, like a more interesting economy (Vicky) or Ruler family traits (Crusader Kings).

This so much! I have wanted them to adopt things from especially Vicky since that first game was released more than 10 years ago. Its time!

Also, congrats to you Kabouter!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I read the dev diary and I like the changes. It will be a completely different games in terms of fighting and sieging, but it makes sense for me. There's a point in building large fortification at the border now..

Fitz

Looks like there are a few new provinces, so the really important balance and gameplay related question is: Is Memel still a square block?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, don't worry Red. There are only really two players in our group who genuinely are ruthless murderers who'll annex you as soon as look at you
and we let one of them play the Timurids!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone else is just teasing.

Probably the most humorous aspect was you cancelling your alliance with me (!)

I did not cancel my alliance with you, you cancelled your alliance with me when rivaling me. I only cancelled your military access.

And yes, I know that not everything is other people's fault, but frankly, most of it was indirectly caused by other people. The Crimean disloyalty was literally because of Genoa collapsing. :p
And sorry for saying, but you can't blame me for feeling threatened when you start encircling me and rival me (even if you claim it was an accident), while the other players start bordering me too.

As for Westernization: Again, I thought it couldn't hurt to westernize before falling too far behind in tech, because Poland gets HUGE maluses on tech cost for being Poland and getting Polish events. I did not know that getting a pretender would give me a massive amount of shitty events related to the Sejm. If I had known, I would not have begun westernizing. And I've been wavering between shitty prestige and shitty legitimacy (or both) as well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, worst case scenario is you get rated a 2 next game, get to pick the Ottomans, and laugh righteously as you Unify Islam.

Steeven

I did not cancel my alliance with you, you cancelled your alliance with me when rivaling me. I only cancelled your military access.

And yes, I know that not everything is other people's fault, but frankly, most of it was indirectly caused by other people. The Crimean disloyalty was literally because of Genoa collapsing. :p
And sorry for saying, but you can't blame me for feeling threatened when you start encircling me and rival me (even if you claim it was an accident), while the other players start bordering me too.

As for Westernization: Again, I thought it couldn't hurt to westernize before falling too far behind in tech, because Poland gets HUGE maluses on tech cost for being Poland and getting Polish events. I did not know that getting a pretender would give me a massive amount of shitty events related to the Sejm. If I had known, I would not have begun westernizing. And I've been wavering between shitty prestige and shitty legitimacy (or both) as well.

Really? Haha that would be funny because I thought that it was you. Never realized this during SP. Anyway, I will compensate you for that by destroying the Ottomans together.

And I do not blame you Red, I like you as my neighbour and I hope you will continue to be my neighbour until the end of the game.

mkenyon

Banned
I think this thread has more
shit talking
good natured ribbing than even the sports community threads.

It's all in good fun though, that's what keeps people coming back for more games.

BTW, I don't mind a little bit of mockery now and then, but it's kinda like I've been the sole target of said mockery ever since the game started (and before that).
All I wanted to do is discuss spheres of interest with the players in the general area, and set myself a potential personal goal. I did not think that was going to be branded as greed or something like that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, I don't mind a little bit of mockery now and then, but it's kinda like I've been the sole target of said mockery ever since the game started (and before that).
All I wanted to do is discuss spheres of interest with the players in the general area, and set myself a potential personal goal. I did not think that was going to be branded as greed or something like that.

I mean, not to be mean, but if your sphere of interest is Unify Islam in a competitive game, you're gonna get a mocking. Don't worry, it'll be forgotten next game. Nobody remembers how atrocious my first round Novgorod was after I tried being super-aggro.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
... Now, nobody likes a good mocking more than I do... except perhaps my wife and some of her friends... oh yes, and Captain Johnson. Come to think of it most people likes a good mocking more than I do. But that's beside the point. Now, let's have a good clean healthy outdoor session! Get some air into your lungs. Ten, nine, eight and all that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Your sphere of influence was supposed to go from Iberia to Caucasus. That's very aggressive in a game like this, starting with a nation that is good but not the very best. Being your first game you didn't know, but now you know, people tend to form coalitions against the players that grow too much and feel threatening. Just ask Jazz how he almost went out of the game last session. And by the hand of an unnatural alliance.

Uzzy

I recall getting a lot of mocking last game, after almost flaming out first session, then for my glorious Venetian army and internet.

Stil won though. The Pact of Steel rules supreme, even if Poland stabs you in the back!

fanboi

Banned
I remember when I totally rekked Haly as France (and he was Venice).

AND DONT YOU DARE TYPING ANYTHING SCUMBAG CRAB YOU HAD FITZ AKA HITLER

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I remember when I totally rekked Haly as France (and he was Venice).

AND DONT YOU DARE TYPING ANYTHING SCUMBAG CRAB YOU HAD FITZ AKA HITLER

ARAGON NO 1 FREE BYZANTINES REMOVE KEBAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom