• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

I can see why you would say that since the AI have mostly been playing for me, and the AI have been very aggressive, but everybody knows that when Morfeo is back in control, it will be a glorious peaceful coexistance with everybody - a peace that will be enforced upon every war-mongerer by the wise and peace-minded ruler of the peaceful Muscovite.

This is starting to sound like you're role-playing as the present day Russian federation.

ZZMitch

Hey guys, I probably will not be able to play today. I have a group presentation until 3 today, and will probably be staying after with my group to tidy up the report that is due tomorrow. I am not positive though, so I may show up around 3:30 after I walk back to my apartment. This (and another report due tomorrow) are among the last major things I have besides finals this school year so I should be okay for the next month of so heh.

If you don't see me though, keep a good eye on AI Sweden for me heh!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Don't worry, it is against the rules for Morfeo to attack Sweden. :D

Didn't you know? He is roleplaying as modern day Russia... he doesn't really follow rules...

So, we as EU should impose an embargo on him.

You know I would only consider defending my proud people against swedish aggression, and never go on the offensive as the peace-loving leader I am. The swedish conquest on the baltic coast makes my people a bit uneasy though... Lets hope that problem may be resolved peacefully!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh yeah, this.

I will probably drop out after an hour and thirty minutes. I have dinner with someone at 6.

Morfeo

AAR:

1. Regency for 9 years
2. War with Sweden where I couldnt really do anything other than stay in my own country defending since ZZZ was away.

Conlusion: Terrible session.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR - 04/03/2014 Portugal

Description of the actions during the session:

Every time I go to war against Morocco, Castile decides to start a war. This time against France. I wasn't fast enough to help my ally. I should keep out of Morocco until Burgundy or Castile become non-threats.

Conlusion: Terrible session.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session:
Province Count: 21 (+11)
Vassals or PU: None
At War With: None

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I think Kabouter set a new record: two different coalition wars with two different nations in one session. What set off the second war?

ZZMitch

Livonian Order (my ally) declared on you. I joined. You got Livonia from them, and the breaking of some of their alliances (including the one with me).

Ah, that is unfortunate. Maybe something can be worked out next session where we try to undo the events from that war. Since you were obviously hamstrung from me not being there!

Kabouter

I think Kabouter set a new record: two different coalition wars with two different nations in one session. What set off the second war?

I took my old nation under my wing, to guide them towards prosperity after all. Burgundy didn't like it, nor did a bunch of other nations. Thankfully, this time I'm winning so far. I've sunk the entire fleets of Castile, , Burgundy, Naples, Pomerania and Holstein and also beaten a few of their armies that did land. Pretty fun so far.

Still sad that I lost as Gelre though :(. I wanted to play Netherlands.

Morfeo

Nah, I'm committed to playing England now. It's fine, I know it makes Morfeo happy that I'm not playing a minor anymore :+.

Yeah, you as England, definitely makes the eternal peace more likely!

Edit: But seriously, I think its very good that you went with England considering how the other players are deployed, and I think it will be a more interesting game for it. Although, a succesful Gelre->Netherlands-game would also have been fun to see.

Mgoblue201

I took my old nation under my wing, to guide them towards prosperity after all. Burgundy didn't like it, nor did a bunch of other nations. Thankfully, this time I'm winning so far. I've sunk the entire fleets of Castile, , Burgundy, Naples, Pomerania and Holstein and also beaten a few of their armies that did land. Pretty fun so far.

Still sad that I lost as Gelre though :(. I wanted to play Netherlands.
If we do another multiplayer game after the release of Wealth of Nations, perhaps you should play as Burgundy and form the Netherlands. It's probably even a good idea to wait until next game because the Netherlands should change quite a bit in the next expansion. First, the entire trading game as a Dutch nation will be much more robust with everything WoN is adding. Second, the reformed faith is apparently receiving a new mechanic called "fanaticism" which will allow you to bolster different aspects of your nation through "religious fervor points" (this might be expanded to other religions as well). And because Burgundy/Netherlands will no longer be able to keep its French land by releasing vassals, there should be much less friction with France, especially if it's controlled by another player.

Kabouter

If we do another multiplayer game after the release of Wealth of Nations, perhaps you should play as Burgundy and form the Netherlands. It's probably even a good idea to wait until next game because the Netherlands should change quite a bit in the next expansion. First, the entire trading game as a Dutch nation will be much more robust with everything WoN is adding. Second, the reformed faith is apparently receiving a new mechanic called "fanaticism" which will allow you to bolster different aspects of your nation through "religious fervor points" (this might be expanded to other religions as well). And because Burgundy/Netherlands will no longer be able to keep its French land by releasing vassals, there should be much less friction with France, especially if it's controlled by another player.

The last thing can be circumvented by vassalizing France itself I've already discovered :p
But yeah, you're right, NL should be far more interesting with Wealth of Nations.

Oh, by the way, as regards the multiplayer. Amazing job by Venice and Mamluks in taking down the Ottomans. The chunk Venice took, insane. Should be interesting to see how Egypt vs. Venice develops, alliance may serve them for now, but I can only imagine that the combination of trade interests plus the chance of one of the two growing too powerful will make war inevitable eventually.

Haly

We'll be dividing up the territory along the Sea of Marmara. I think the arrangement should be stable since Mamluks have no end of expansion options to the east and with the proper resources I can take on Aragon/Austria.

I could also take over Hungary were it not for that coring cost. What I plan to do here is, before we destroy the Ottomans for good, I'm going to make Hungary return their previous provinces back to the Ottomans to avoid the coring cost modifier. That's a long term thing though.

Mgoblue201

My original plan was to diplo-vassalize all three Muslim nations released in the war against the Ottomans, but once they were free they turned into merchant republics. That has to be a glitch.

By the way, haly, it might be possible to vassalize Hungary and force the Ottomans to return those cores.

Haly

Venice AAR - 03/04/2014 + 03/06/2014

Summary: Ottomans are officially a non-issue. Bosnia is annexed. Milan is annexed. And I'm staring down a "big" coalition. Going to help France take out Burgandy next, and see if we can't make a dent in Austria.

Army: 36/47 28/4/4
Navy: 68/68, 0/28/20/20
Manpower: 17006/37060
Vassals Annexed: Bosnia, Milan
Provinces Gained: Zeta, Kosovo, Albania, Epirus, Monastir, Thessaly, Macedonia, Sofia, Edirne, Slavonia
Allies Gained: France

Notes on Ottomans
Army: LOLWUT
Navy: WHO CARES

Kabouter

The speed at which Egypt and Venice are growing is insane, fierce competition for third place it seems amongst the rest of us.

Morfeo

Its even more notable when considering how the two big powers, Muscovy and France, is completely failing at everything :(

Mgoblue201

Player map as of August 15th, 1507:
OpZiMUi.png

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Too much yellow and red, not enough green and blue.

Edit: I have 2 provinces turned protestant, but I'm not yet convinced to go that way seeing as my allies are Catholics.

Kabouter

Too much yellow and red, not enough green and blue.

I'm assuming the red refers to evil AI Burgundy, not my England?

Edit: I have 2 provinces turned protestant, but I'm not yet convinced to go that way seeing as my allies are Catholics.

I went Protestant quickly so that my colonies would be automatically Protestant and so that my first colonial nation will also be Protestant once I get enough provinces. I guess no one else really has those considerations. You already have a Catholic colonial nation, and if you convert any provinces you add to it will be Protestant and they'll have to convert those, so yeah.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm assuming the red refers to evil AI Burgundy, not my England?

Burgundy and Timurids. You're a good red. :D

I went Protestant quickly so that my colonies would be automatically Protestant and so that my first colonial nation will also be Protestant once I get enough provinces. I guess no one else really has those considerations. You already have a Catholic colonial nation, and if you convert any provinces you add to it will be Protestant and they'll have to convert those, so yeah.

Yeah, that's something I didn't consider, so I should try to stay Catholic.

Mgoblue201

I might be going to war with a certain big red blob some time in the near future. I won't say which one, so Kabouter might not want to sleep easy tonight.

Kabouter

I might be going to war with a certain big red blob some time in the near future. I won't say which one, so Kabouter might not want to sleep easy tonight.

Man, you are going to be just staggeringly wealthy after returning all those Persian cores and annexing your vassal. Will be interesting to see if Haly can keep up scorewise after that.

ZZMitch

Is there any chance we could play from like 1-3 tomorrow (aka move it up 2 hours)? If that can't work thats fine I am just trying to figure out my schedule.

Haly

I'm going to be sitting out next session because I have a doctor's appointment.

Hopefully the AI doesn't do something stupid like Declare War on Fanboi.

Kabouter

Is there any chance we could play from like 1-3 tomorrow (aka move it up 2 hours)? If that can't work thats fine I am just trying to figure out my schedule.

Move up meaning two hours earlier or later? If earlier, fine by me, if later, nah, that'd make it from 11pm - 1am.

I'm going to be sitting out next session because I have a doctor's appointment.

Hopefully the AI doesn't do something stupid like Declare War on Fanboi.

Declare war on Mgo?

ZZMitch

Yeah that's fine. I worked out my schedule so I am free at the scheduled time. I have a meeting for my group project course right before so I may be a little late.

Mgoblue201

It just occurred to me that Europe probably hasn't begun Daylight Savings Time yet, so I assume we won't be starting for another hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom