• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm not mistaken, everybody should be available to play Sunday the 31st, right? So why not put the absolute deadline on that date instead of the week after that?

I can't do that. - it's my anniversary with my SO. I don't mind particularly though, I was expecting to miss it anyway when the plan was to start this Sunday.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Westernization is now +10 revolt risk instead of +5.

Countries with high monthly income will be slower through westernization. Maximum monthly power into westernization is reduced by 1 for each multiple of income by 40.

The neighbor must be ahead in technology (summed across all three tech types) by a base of 7 increased by the tech cost penalty for the technology group, rounded down. For example, Muslim tech nations must be 9 technologies behind (7 * 140% = 9.8) while Sub-Saharan nations must be 14 technologies behind (7 * 200%).

Westernization won't grant you western units anymore

Wow this is seriously terrible news. What are they thinking about? This is a game after all, and if they are screwing the rest of the world over like this, they need to compensate somehow by limiting western expansion possibilities imo.

Edit: Beaten hard I see.

Fitz

I think the power going into the Westernisation pool actually scales harder with income, -1 from each type per 15 monthly income. Trying to westernise as China must take forever right now.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The richer you are, the less incentive to westernize you have.

So, do we start this Sunday or not in the end?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The richer you are, the less incentive to westernize you have.

So, do we start this Sunday or not in the end?

My personal feeling is that we go with the absolute dead-line, and then draw the line there. 7th of August, and if you cannot do that you cannot do that - you've had 2 weeks notice to organize. It seems the 'fairest' option. I don't mind if anyone else wants to start sooner, though - if there's overwhelming demand to start this Sunday, we can start this Sunday.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My personal feeling is that we go with the absolute dead-line, and then draw the line there. 7th of August, and if you cannot do that you cannot do that - you've had 2 weeks notice to organize. It seems the 'fairest' option. I don't mind if anyone else wants to start sooner, though - if there's overwhelming demand to start this Sunday, we can start this Sunday.

I know for sure that I will miss 7th of September, I will be in a short holiday then. There's nothing that I can organize about it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know for sure that I will miss 7th of September, I will be in a short holiday then. There's nothing that I can organize about it.

I think this is the trouble we had earlier though - there are 16 of us, it's sort of inevitable 1-2 people per session won't be able to attend. We can go for this Sunday, though, it's fine by me, but I think that gives trouble for Toma and CloudWolf.

Kabouter

I think the power going into the Westernisation pool actually scales harder with income, -1 from each type per 15 monthly income. Trying to westernise as China must take forever right now.

That's just bullshit. If that's how it is right now, I am just going to start in observe mode and go colonial nation later. What would even be the point of playing anything below Muslim tech?

Edit:
Yup, you're right Colkate. Hitting the maximum income penalty as Brunei would make Westernisation take close to 89 years. 89 years of +10% revolt risk and constant bullshit events. lol. Minimum points per category should have been at least 3 imo. Observe mode it is. I could also help someone who is going to miss the first session out by playing their nation for a bit in a way that they want. If anyone wants that, let me know.

CloudWolf

I think this is the trouble we had earlier though - there are 16 of us, it's sort of inevitable 1-2 people per session won't be able to attend. We can go for this Sunday, though, it's fine by me, but I think that gives trouble for Toma and CloudWolf.

I'm not against starting next Sunday, I will just pick up Brandenburg on Wednesday (and deal with the AI's choices). If Toma can play, I see no reason to delay it further.

EDIT: Kabouter could also take over Brandenburg for the first session.

Kabouter

I'm not against starting next Sunday, I will just pick up Brandenburg on Wednesday (and deal with the AI's choices). If Toma can play, I see no reason to delay it further.

EDIT: Kabouter could also take over Brandenburg for the first session.

Sure, I'd be willing to do that, just...don't hate me if I flop like I did as Gelre last game :X

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's just bullshit. If that's how it is right now, I am just going to start in observe mode and go colonial nation later. What would even be the point of playing anything below Muslim tech?

Edit:
Yup, you're right Colkate. Hitting the maximum income penalty as Brunei would make Westernisation take close to 89 years. 89 years of +10% revolt risk and constant bullshit events. lol. Minimum points per category should have been at least 3 imo. Observe mode it is. I could also help someone who is going to miss the first session out by playing their nation for a bit in a way that they want. If anyone wants that, let me know.

This isn't a problem for Brunei. Rush the exploration tech, hit up Africa, find a European colony, and you'll be small enough to be done in 30 years.

EDIT: Kabouter, if we start this Sunday and you're waiting until colonial nations, people could "book" you to play their nation if they're missing. :p Might not work too badly.

FACE

Banned
I'm fine with you guys starting this wednesday if it's more convenient for the majority.

And the AI will probably do a better job of dealing with the Rebels than me.

T-minus 5 days until MGO annexes us all.

mkenyon

Banned
Kabouter, you could step in for my Bavaria on days I'm not playing as well.

And I can play this Sunday.

*edit*

Wow, check out the changes to India in Art of War.
India
Now I give the word over to Trin Tragula, who was the main man behind the changes in India.

As it stands now, India in EU4 has 77 provinces. These had mostly been drawn to facilitate the many border changes that took place between 1444 and 1820. They were a convenience more than anything else.

After the overhaul in Art of War, India is made up of 153 provinces. This has added a considerable level of detail to the subcontinent and, much like in Europe, you'll now see a higher province density in richer areas especially. The Indian tax and manpower base has also been boosted a bit to compensate for the added amount of provinces.
As you can imagine, this means both that there is a whole lot more to do for the tags in the area themselves and there can be more historical competition for the ports of the region. It also means the region is more differentiated. You can more clearly tell which areas are rich and which are poor. Along the way some changes have been made to the general setup as well as some new additions in the form of tags, cultures, etc.

Easiest way to see the changes is probably a tour of the new map region by region. So here's a short overview of the area and what's going on in 1444:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ZZMitch

Yeah I read that Dev Diary pretty great stuff. I am a little surprised they could add all those provinces and new trade nodes and things without slowing the game down at all. Modders have not been successful with that at all. Although I suppose the devs can do things modders can't to keep the speed high.

Fitz

Makes you wonder specifically what kind of optimizations they're doing to be able to add so many extra provinces throughout the world and why they'd not already done them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Makes you wonder specifically what kind of optimizations they're doing to be able to add so many extra provinces throughout the world and why they'd not already done them.

gotta shift those dlcs

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The extra provinces won't be locked behind DLC though.

Which means I probably should do the "Conquer India" achievement before the DLC is out.

When is that supposed to release?

fanboi

Banned
Guys, when is the start date? Tomorrow? Wednesday? Next sunday?

Sorry also for being somewhat afk, have started comuting to work... 3h one way... then 3h home again.

Kabouter

Guys, when is the start date? Tomorrow? Wednesday? Next sunday?

Sorry also for being somewhat afk, have started comuting to work... 3h one way... then 3h home again.

I'm wondering too :D. I'm fine with tomorrow if everybody else is, and can take over for someone (Brandenburg if CloudWolf is away this Sunday). I guess we should ask Crab when we start, Crab?

Edit: Oh, and no clue on when it's going to be out Toma.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm wondering too :D. I'm fine with tomorrow if everybody else is, and can take over for someone (Brandenburg if CloudWolf is away this Sunday). I guess we should ask Crab when we start, Crab?

Edit: Oh, and no clue on when it's going to be out Toma.

I thought the start date discussion revolved around next wednesday?

CloudWolf

It all depends on Toma, if he's able to play tomorrow we're good to go, Kabouter can take over for me.

Also, the Master of India achievement is going to be a bitch after the next patch (even moreso than it already is).

Kabouter

It all depends on Toma, if he's able to play tomorrow we're good to go, Kabouter can take over for me.

Also, the Master of India achievement is going to be a bitch after the next patch (even moreso than it already is).

Looking at the achievement, I'm wondering if it's maybe doable as the Ottoman Empire, since it says 'European nation' in the description, and the OE has their capital in Europe. That would certainly make it a *lot* easier than they way I did it (Great Britain). Ottoman ideas in particular would be a huge help.

Toma

I wouldnt bet on being there tomorrow, so I'd still prefer next week. I know its all itching in your fingers, but a week more wont do much harm :p

Toma

Looking at the achievement, I'm wondering if it's maybe doable as the Ottoman Empire, since it says 'European nation' in the description, and the OE has their capital in Europe. That would certainly make it a *lot* easier than they way I did it (Great Britain). Ottoman ideas in particular would be a huge help.

Apparently it works, but I am not sure whether fighting through arabia/timurids would be easier/faster than just sailing past africa, vasallising the easternmost african state and then eat into india as portugal.

Kabouter

Apparently it works, but I am not sure whether fighting through arabia/timurids would be easier/faster than just sailing past africa, vasallising the easternmost african state and then eat into india as portugal.
You mean conquer not vassal, Sub-Saharan tech group countries are too far from Western Europe to vassalize. With the Ottoman Empire however, your tech group is close enough to the Indian one that in India itself you can vassalize people.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm rather confused now, when do we start? This Sunday is now out of question as far as I understand, so is it Wednesday or next Sunday?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rather confused now, when do we start? This Sunday is now out of question as far as I understand, so is it Wednesday or next Sunday?

My vote is we start tomorrow. I understand two people can't do that, but that's just unfortunate because even less people can do Wednesdays and it's unfair to make more people miss the first session as that's most important. Kabouter can take over for CloudWolf and the Mamluks are big boys and probably aren't going to go wrong in the first session, and Toma is a good enough player to handle it if they do go a little off-track.

Kabouter

My vote is we start tomorrow. I understand two people can't do that, but that's just unfortunate because even less people can do Wednesdays and it's unfair to make more people miss the first session as that's most important. Kabouter can take over for CloudWolf and the Mamluks are big boys and probably aren't going to go wrong in the first session, and Toma is a good enough player to handle it if they do go a little off-track.

Sounds good to me.

mkenyon

Banned
On my best Bavaria run so far, I won out during the Burgundy inheritance event and then grabbed France with a PU luck event.

Here's hoping for some more of that :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just to confirm, we are starting this evening. :)

Morfeo

I might have troubles playing this evening, but it will hopefully work out.

Anyways, does all the indian nations have indian tech, or do some of the northern have muslim? Considering starting in northern India instead of southern if I then have somewhat better tech and still can form Hindustan.

Fitz

Tonight is fine for me.

Anyways, does all the indian nations have indian tech, or do some of the northern have muslim? Considering starting in northern India instead of southern if I then have somewhat better tech and still can form Hindustan.

It's pretty much all Indian tech group, closest Muslim tech group is the Baluchistan region to the NW.

ZZMitch

I might have to leave early from this session. I told my friend I would go play pick up hockey with him tonight and it looks like it overlaps a bit!

Morfeo

It's pretty much all Indian tech group, closest Muslim tech group is the Baluchistan region to the NW.

Sucky, well, guess Im just staying Vijanagar then.

Edit: Will be interesting to see if I can finally learn to spell the name of my land right after playing with them lol.

Fitz

First MP game for me. What info is necessary for connecting and getting in?

The server name and password (in Kab's post) are all you'll need, if you join through Steam you'll only need to enter the password.

edit: beaten like Gelre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom