• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humidex

I dont think I like these choices...

image.php

Spyware

Got worried when both Hungary and Armenia got through (sorry, I just can't stand them) and no sign of Belgium there for a while. :p

Swedish commentators were horrible as usual. Ugh. Should probably look at some other stream to get rid of them but SVT is very stable for me. Hrm.

An okay semi, disappointing results. Typical Eurovision :)

Send better songs. I mean, there's some bloc voting, but in the end, if your song is great, you have no problems getting to the final. And look at the past winners. Sweden, Denmark, Austria.

5 of the last 6 winners are western european.
the outrage is always laughable.

I don't see how Western Europe got "slaughtered" if there were only 4 Western (5 if you count Greece as "Western", 6 if you're like me and consider Estonia to be more Northern than Eastern European) entries in this semi, and 1 (or 2 counting Greece, 3 with Estonia) made it through.

Semi 2 has all the Western Europeans.

Westraid

Aww man I didn't vote for Denmark because I figured they'd definitely make it. :(
I'm glad Serbia and Georgia made it to the finals, I really liked their songs a lot!

Also if Australia likes Eurovision so much, let them compete every year.

MrPanic

I don't see how Western Europe got "slaughtered" if there were only 4 Western (5 if you count Greece as "Western", 6 if you're like me and consider Estonia to be more Northern than Eastern European) entries in this semi, and 1 (or 2 counting Greece, 3 with Estonia) made it through.

Semi 2 has all the Western Europeans.
I think that was exactly what they're implying. Because there were so little western Europeans, there were too little countries that would vote on those western songs.

Of course trying to make sense out of peoples votes is a waste of time for Eurovision.

I think that was exactly what they're implying. Because there were so little western Europeans, there were too little countries that would vote on those western songs.

Of course trying to make sense out of peoples votes is a waste of time for Eurovision.

Well in semi 2, Eastern Europe is going to get "slaughtered".

oti

Banned
A friend of mine went to the first semifinal. He says there's a bunch of Dutch crying outside of the building.

But why
aij aij aij
the song was crapp-aij
aij aij aij

I'm gutted Finland didn't get through :(

Russia had the best song tonight though.

Our song is fucking awful (UK). I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't so obvious that we really don't want to win.

MrPanic

Ok, did a quick rewatch of the winners and can see that most of those are in the final for the right reasons. The only ones that really have no right being in the final imho are Albania and Armenia. Good show overall, can't wait till next semi.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm in Germany from Thursday-Tuesday, can Berlin-GAF recommend anywhere to go watch? God I want to get drunk with Germans and watch the Eurovision that would kick ASS.

And be much more likely to be siding with the winners.

Antinash

On a related note, it was a pleasure watching this tonight with EurovisionGAF. I'll probably be in a bar somewhere in Dublin watching the finals on Saturday, so this was fun!

Aiii

So not worth it
A friend of mine went to the first semifinal. He says there's a bunch of Dutch crying outside of the building.

But why
aij aij aij
the song was crapp-aij
aij aij aij

It was a tribute song to me, you see. Trijntje knows what's up.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Tonight was certainly not the expected set of results, but if anything that gives me hope the winner isn't set in stone just yet. Feels like it's still anyone's game, even if Sweden/Italy are far ahead favourites.

oti

Banned
Tonight was certainly not the expected set of results, but if anything that gives me hope the winner isn't set in stone just yet. Feels like it's still anyone's game, even if Sweden/Italy are far ahead favourites.

Greece surpsise win it's Euro 2004 all over again.

Tash

Thanks for updating the OT according to last evening :) makes it easier for us who weren't able to watch Semi-Final #1

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Some of these songs are really fun. I have some fond memories of watching Eurovision back in what seems a million years ago, haha.

That saltiness over the most efficient football the world has ever seen.

I had never cared or thought about Greece's football team before 2004. I usually root for underdogs.

What they did that year made me seriously consider to not watch football anymore. They almost killed it.

oti

Banned
I had never cared or thought about Greece's football team before 2004. I usually root for underdogs.

What they did that year made me seriously consider to not watch football anymore. They almost killed it.

2smart4you

Ha, I don't really care about football and love trolling footballGAF.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I won't watch second semi, because I will be headbanging at Blind Guardian concert, but I have a favor to ask - do not vote for Slovenian entry. Thank you.

Demoli

Now, i don't watch Football that often, and even tho i'm from portugal i still don't know what made people say greece's play was that bad, what gave it it's reputation?

oti

Banned
Now, i don't watch Football that often, and even tho i'm from portugal i still don't know what made people say greece's play was that bad, what gave it it's reputation?

It's boring to watch. Emphasis on defense, waiting for the counter punch. It's smart since offense is Greece's weak point but people want eye candy. They want Brazilian (haha) or German football. Greece's 1:0 is infamous thanks to Euro 2004.

In Eurovision terms it was like the Azerbaijans win in 2011.

I don't know what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom