• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

soepje

I wasn't home last night, I missed you guys. Now i have to go back itt and read all the opinions and reviews of last nights songs.

oti

Banned
Boo you, whore.

What's second worst in your opinion? Surely it's got to be Running Scared?

I would've loved Lordi if it wasn't in Greece. The BIRTHPLACE OF EVERYTHING
but financial stability
hosts the biggest music event in the world and a bunch of monsters win.

I don't know. Running scared and Denmark's raindrops song were both pretty bad. I don't really think a lot about bad winners to be honest.

Oh no wait, Russia's Believe or something, that guy with that ice skater. Greece should've won that year.

Jasup

I don't know what that means.

Well, let's start with the song everyone has forgotten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2yLykdjvA

It's safe, there's nothing remarkable or flashy about the song, it doesn't offend people. It's just competent at what it is.

In the contest both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Italy got more "12 points" than Azerbaijan and Denmark, Georgia, Ireland and Ukraine received as many. But whereas many of those received high points from some countries, they received little or none in others. Azerbaijan won by being hated the least. Basically they aimed low and won.

The result was a winner with the lowest average score, receiving 5,26 points/voting country (wikipedia) blandest winner ever and the worst Eurovision in recent history in Baku.

oti

Banned
Well, let's start with the song everyone has forgotten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2yLykdjvA

It's safe, there's nothing remarkable or flashy about the song, it doesn't offend people. It's just competent at what it is.

In the contest both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Italy got more "12 points" than Azerbaijan and Denmark, Georgia, Ireland and Ukraine received as many. But whereas many of those received high points from some countries, they received little or none in others. Azerbaijan won by being hated the least.

The result was a winner with the lowest average score, receiving 5,26 points/voting country (wikipedia) blandest winner ever and the worst Eurovision in recent history in Baku.

Thanks, I see your point. Man, I loved Bosnia and Herzegovina, that's a special song. But I wouldn't say that running scared is more generic than the raindrops song.

And Greece winning Euro 2004 was great so you're wrong.

S.A.G.A.P.O

Tregard

Soothsayer

In the contest both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Italy got more "12 points" than Azerbaijan and Denmark, Georgia, Ireland and Ukraine received as many. But whereas many of those received high points from some countries, they received little or none in others. Azerbaijan won by being hated the least.

Basically they aimed low and won.

Now now, the stadium & stage in Baku were incredible.

Why the F is Albania winning and the Netherlands are not?

Blasphemy. Also; why only 1 western-european country in the winners-list of last night? We really do have got the wrong immigrants damnit.

Also; what was up with those animal-cam's. So fake, so long.. It lost it's funny after like the first few minutes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why the F is Albania winning and the Netherlands are not?

Because we repeatedly sent in shitty songs that have no chance of winning and objectively, really shouldn't.

Also, we need to get some proper presentation. We always have timid shitty performances, why we can't go all-out like the good Eurovision artists do?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
but financial stability

Well, a lot of rock or metal forums / online communities called for mass voting for Lordi just for fun. I know that our largest metal related online community did that and I think that we even get them 10 points :D that was in the era when only televoting counted to the score.

Because we repeatedly sent in shitty songs that have no chance of winning and objectively, really shouldn't.

I completely agree (why the hell send Anouk and then have her perform a shitty song) but we were clearly better than some of the others that went through. It was like the TV exploded and covered me in salt yesterday.

oti

Banned
Well, a lot of rock or metal forums / online communities called for mass voting for Lordi just for fun. I know that our largest metal related online community did that and I think that we even get them 10 points :D

And that's great. I'm okay with being salty for that glorious moment of Lordi winning. It's just stupid Eurovision fun after all.

Joni

Blasphemy. Also; why only 1 western-european country in the winners-list of last night? We really do have got the wrong immigrants damnit.
Because only four of them were in that semi-final with maybe two of them good enough to deserve a final place. The Netherlands wasn't amongst them, mainly because Anouk can't write a good Eurovisionsong.

Because only four of them were in that semi-final with maybe two of them good enough to deserve a final place. The Netherlands wasn't amongst them, mainly because Anouk can't write a good Eurovisionsong.

Anouk wasn't there this year and she didn't write the song herself to begin with.

Anyway; I'm rooting for the UK now. Go UK!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
but financial stability

I don't know. Running scared and Denmark's raindrops song were both pretty bad. I don't really think a lot about bad winners to be honest.

Oh no wait, Russia's Believe or something, that guy with that ice skater. Greece should've won that year.

They actually were the birthplace of financial stability. "Economics" comes from οίκου νόμοι (oikou nomoi, rendered in Latin as iconomic), and referred to the set of good budget rules needed to run a household.

#themoreyouknow

soepje

Anouk wasn't there this year and she didn't write the song herself to begin with.

Anyway; I'm rooting for the UK now. Go UK!
Didn't Anouk write Trijntjes song?

Anyway, i'm cheering for Belgium now. They won't win, but it should end in the top 5 at least :D

warthog

I didn't know until an hour ago what the Belgian song was, but I had heard it on the radio a couple of times before without that information. First time I really dig a song we sent. Haven't heard any of the other songs, so I don't know what chance we got at ending top 5 or whatever.

oti

Banned
They actually were the birthplace of financial stability. "Economics" comes from οίκου νόμοι (oikou nomoi, rendered in Latin as iconomic), and referred to the set of good budget rules needed to run a household.

#themoreyouknow

Did you just outgreek a Greek?

I think it's the best song the UK sent in like 15 years.
I'm serious. No shame!

Bahaha, I loved Jade Ewen in 2009 with "It's my time." A bit of a generic Disneyish ballad, but she delivers it well. For the rest yeh, I agree. Last year had potential, it wasn't a hot mess like most recent UK entries but the song and performance still lacked a lot.

This year.... I don't even know what the hell happened.

Vitten

LOL @ Albania going through. That song was legit shit and I don't think the singer hit a single of her notes. Had to lower the sound as her screaming started hurting my ears.
The alternatives weren't much better but that really made me laugh.

Too bad Finland didn't make it through. Now I can't post my System of a Døwn pun anymore. :(

Tregard

Soothsayer

no_michael_bluth.gif

Gradon

At least it's not a ballad, I appreciate we're sending something different.

Exactly. I think it's sad it's one of my favourites simply because it's not another of the 200 ballads this year. It's so different and catchy that I'm surprised everyone hates it, it's no Scooch for sure, now that was a train wreck.

fwiw Russia and Serbia saw their odds improve dramatically with the bookies after the 1st Semifinal, and Russia, Estonia, and Belgium are (by far) the most successful in terms of digital downloads

I hope we get some fun stuff that qualifies today (like Israel, and... Israel) because even though there are a lot of heavy hitters it's still going to be a very plodding, dour affair.

So the bookies give Albania and the UK the same oods. I haven't heard the British entrx yet, but judging by Albania's performance it must be a freaking dumpster fire.

Based on everything I've heard, so far Belgium is well my favorite.

But from what I've heard, I don't see how Australia doesn't win unless they completely botch the performance/staging or something.

oipic

But from what I've heard, I don't see how Australia doesn't win unless they completely botch the performance/staging or something.

Interesting! The feeling I get here in Australia is that the public is really just in it for the fun of it all, and not seriously expecting to compete for votes, let alone win. We're a competitive bunch, but I think the expectations are largely in check.

This is possibly based on the perception that, without the power of a voting bloc or whatever, the big points might be hard to come by - and fear of voting backlash, too, as we're, y'know, not meant to be there.

Guy Sebastian is a solid and experienced performer, and a cheery and likeable chap, I reckon, and his song is a bit of a toe-tapper - so hopefully it all comes together okay. I would personally be rapt with a top 10 finish, and I think on merit the song is probably good enough for that.

I hope you guys in the Eurovision family have a bit of fun with us, and don't begrudge Australia's presence too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom