• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are more into Eurovision than I am, when did they stop letting the top X entries from a certain year go straight through to the finals the next year? Did they ever do that or am I getting things mixed up because France always gets through?

Some time in the 90s, they would have only a final, and entries who placed in the lower half got disqualified for the next year. They did that until 2004, when they had only one semi-final.
2008 was the first event with 2 semi-finals.

Edit: Got the years mixed up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not a fan of talk-singing in general. Singing part is very standard pop song.

Not that impressive, but not bad by any means.

For those of you who are more into Eurovision than I am, when did they stop letting the top X entries from a certain year go straight through to the finals the next year? Did they ever do that or am I getting things mixed up because France always gets through?

The 5 countries financing the big chunk of the show and the winner go directly to the final.

spekkeh

Banned
She looks pretty Irish. edit: oh my digital antenna is lagging apparently.

What's up with all the duets singing Disney songs. They always come off incredibly corny. Should've just sent the girl, she's got a nice voice.

Joni

Norway is a contender.

They changed it in 2008 to two semifinals because there were too many songs.

Tugatrix

Fap-now-kiss-l.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Very safe pop song, interchangeable with 90% of the songs in this genre. Wish they would have taken a bit more liberties, because they can obviously song well.

spekkeh

Banned
Portugal only ever gets points from Spain, but I would like for this to go through. It's not great but at least it's different.

Speaking of great, what was that great summer song again they had like six years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom