• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoRu

Gina G was a computer-generated Eurovision winner, and was robbed. We never tried again after that.

Somehow winning these days would be disasterous and get Doctor Who cancelled,

Well, shit. Makes sense now why they're usually so terrible.

Never ever vote for the UK.

Can't really complain about the finalists today aside from perhaps Portugal not making it. The ones that should have made it, did. Looking forward to the finals on Saturday.

Peru

Yeah the voting today was more or less on point except for robbing Iceland of their spot (admittedly she was too nervous in her performance). We really got rid of the worst dreck and the final should be fairly enjoyable except for some of the terrible ones through from the first semi.

Oh it's got nothing to do with her :)

Then why do you want her to get booed? For all we know, she's opposed to Putin's agenda.

I've mentioned this during the first semi-final, and again. As a musician performing live on stage, there's nothing worse than getting booed, and it's doubly painful to have it done for something you don't even have any influence on. It's absolutely heartless and disgusting towards Polina Gagarina to HOPE for her getting booed just because she represents Russia.

Then why do you want her to get booed? For all we know, she's opposed to Putin's agenda.

I've mentioned this during the first semi-final, and again. As a musician performing live on stage, there's nothing worse than getting booed, and it's doubly painful to have it done for something you don't even have any influence on. It's absolutely heartless and disgusting towards Polina Gagarina to HOPE for her getting booed just because she represents Russia.

I felt so bad last year for the girls representing Russia. They were like 17 or something. They got such loud boos, it was so unnecessary. ):

Spyware

Oh it's got nothing to do with her :)

Ironic.
But you just wanted to hear people boo at her?
It's not ironic. Singing about how you want peace when your country is in the middle of a war seems like the best time to do it. Why do some people always treat Russia like it's some sort of hive mind?

Portugal doesn't ever get enough votes due to only having Spain as a neighbouring country.

I distinctly remember them having the best song in 2008 and still only getting 13th place (I think). Seriously, listen to it: https://youtu.be/3oq6tvvTO6M?t=1m21s

It's not only neighbour countries that vote for each other, and the fact this is still being brought up is silly. This song you link in specific got 69 points. Spain could only give a max of 12. Where do you think those other 57 came from, thin air?

If neighbouring countries are the only factor, then why isn't Austria placing a lot better more often? They border 7 countries, but barely even make it through to the finals, let alone place in the upper half of the ranking. I'll tell you why: Because of the same reason Portugal places badly. And that's because they're often sending boring or outright bad stuff. Portuguese music taste seems to be completely different from that of other Europeans, and this is reflected in their bad performance in Eurovision.

You can't just blame everything on bloc voting. It's stupid. Western Europe still heavily dominates the contest, too.

sweden's odds are improving in the immediate aftermath.... and he was already in first before tonight
KWRhIRy.png

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, shit. Makes sense now why they're usually so terrible.

Never ever vote for the UK.

Yep, there's too much at stake to risk even a remote chance of victory. The money from Top Gear's gone, a Eurovision win would be game over.

The UK is now about creative ways of securing nil pois. I think Electro Velvet stand a very good chance of this, and wish them well!

Elider

Starting to think I’m the only person in Europe who doesn’t care for Israel’s song this year. Portugal’s song was nice, but the singer ruined it terribly :( Personally, I voted for Slovenia. I don’t get that white dress, though.

I’m definitely rooting for Russia this year, politics be damned. The song is just too good. While it’d be fun to see Sweden win again, I fear we’ll get burned out on the contest, hosting it twice in four years.

Then again, it would be great to see Australia beginning an epic win streak that keeps them in the competition till the 70th anniversary.

Missed voting due to eating lunch but I think the only ones I was okay with mostly were Sweden and Norway.

Everything was meh to boring this round but ah well, it's still enjoyable.

Bring on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom