• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

I am devastated that I wont be able to log in to GAF tonight!!! I want to whish everyone an outrageous night of Fremdscham and euro glam.

addik

GAF, pray for me... I was going to air this over the internet, but some unannounced bullshit 4-night internet maintenance is threatening our plans. I might go to an internet cafe but its not as fun as watching it at home with beer. Gaaah....

shink

Will they even air the final in Australia? Isn't that like in the early morning for those down under?
As with previous years we actually do air it live and then in primetime in the evening.
Gonna watch it live for the first time.

The plan was to have 3 friends come over but unfortunately that didn't work out because of a stomach bug that is going around. So it's only me, GAF and Johnnie Walker today.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So it's only me, GAF and Johnnie Walker today.

Get another Johnny to join the party

I bought two liters of red red red wine. And I need to get wasted before the start, because I will probably break something if I heard our song sober one more time.

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't watch this thing drunk. :p

GAF, pray for me... I was going to air this over the internet, but some unannounced bullshit 4-night internet maintenance is threatening our plans. I might go to an internet cafe but its not as fun as watching it at home with beer. Gaaah....

You have about 5.5 hours to find a locale that is celebrating the contest in your vicinity. I'm sure there is one.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Quick look at odds, Sweden is gaining a bit on Russia, Italy, Belgium and Aussies are nearly even. Estonia has better odds today compared to previous day. Slovenia is dropping down, from 7th place after semifinal down to 13th - probably due to revealed running order

addik

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't watch this thing drunk. :p

You have about 5.5 hours to find a locale that is celebrating the contest in your vicinity. I'm sure there is one.
Nope, Philippines here so we're pretty much screwed :p

5 hours to go and the cable company couldnt give us a straight answer when this "maintenance" is over. We might just head to an internet cafe close by

Gradon

So, the final tonight! Watching recaps of previous years with my boyfriend. I loved 2012. The final tonight with a bunch of friends drinking + pizza, of course!
I think Sweden is going to win but I'm routing mostly for UK and Norway, but I'm also routing for Latvia, Georgia, Serbia, Israel, Sweden and Australia. There are too many ballads for my tastes but my favourite (Ireland) didn't get through.

I'm currently watching the contest of 1974. The beginning of stage acrobatics must have happened some time in the 80s, because this stuff is so tame in comparison. It's just some songs lol.

Nope, Philippines here so we're pretty much screwed :p

Ah, shucks. :)

oti

Banned
So, the final tonight! Watching recaps of previous years with my boyfriend. I loved 2012. The final tonight with a bunch of friends drinking + pizza, of course!
I think Sweden is going to win but I'm routing mostly for UK and Norway, but I'm also routing for Latvia, Georgia, Serbia, Israel, Sweden and Australia. There are too many ballads for my tastes but my favourite (Ireland) didn't get through.

I too am routing for UK
to not get a single point come on Ireland don't do something stupid.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I too am routing for UK
to not get a single point come on Ireland don't do something stupid.

Yep, the UK getting nil pois is more exciting than who will win.

Ireland and Malta must abandon us, I think Electro Velvet will be enough to make that happen.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
France will get the fewest points of the prequalified entries (and maybe of the night).

It's bad.

It's bad but jury-friendly. The UK has the potential to offend both public and juries alike, and I believe the scat bit will deliver us the precious nil pois.

spunodi

Party's on for this! UK represent. I actually like our entry for a change.

Does anyone have a link to any good Eurovision Bingo / drinking games?

oti

Banned
EUROVISION HYPE TRAIN LET'S GO

tumblr_mmp3xklpas1sncnqmo1_400.gif

Ok lets do this folks very exited to watch this again on GAF ! :D
I'll be making as many live gifs as I can and off course posting them here :)

And for everyone watching for the first time with us welcome to the insanity that last around +- 3.5 hours a year :p

Ikaran

Neo Member
My favorites are Estonia, Slovenia, Belgium and Latvia, but probably only the last two will be in the Top 10. Russia or Sweden will win, unless Australia or Italy surprise tonight. And against the bets, I predict Norway and Azerbaijan doing really bad.

As for my country, please vote her, she's so sweet and hard-working and has a great voice and...

edurne_garcia_escote_tetas.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Rooting for 'stralia and Hungary. Rooting against the UK because we suck. Le's go now!

Burbeting

Banned
The most likely to win seems to be Italy, actually. They won the un-official oting done by the eurovision-fangroups all over the Europe (vote, that has actually predicted the winner pretty close for multiple years).

I do hope that Estonia wins. Their song is pretty nice.

On oddchecker Sweden has like 1's, 11/10's and stuff.. the hell happend in the past couple of hours?

When things move that fast every year there's speculation that results leaked to the bookies; the jury already voted so it's possible those results are out there. Also because the vote announcement order is calculated to make the vote reading "as exciting as possible" there are all sorts of theories about what it means that certain countries are announcing late and who that supposedly helps (this year, Sweden, apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom